Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they didn't turn down that offer, then come out and SAY SO NOW. Say, "we'll take it" in public and the FO won't have any excuse to back out. If they leaked this, it means they're willing to pay it, since to not do so would make them look like liars and fools. Wheres the response team Gilbert?

If I was Prince Baby Powder, Revis would be in camp.

How much money does he really need? Then what happens when every player in line behind him takes the same hard line stance... You'll need Johnson money to attend a game then...The guy is greedy and most fans of football feel the same way.

You are not this ignorant...dont know why you are acting this way.

I do believe Tanny when he says a signing bonus is standard operating procedure in the NFL when redoing contracts...because it is. What have the Jets ever done or any other team that would make you think he is lying?

Gee, I don't know.

How about D'Brick's much balleyhood contract extension in which he got a measly $1.6M signing bonus, and all the rest of the "guarantees" don't kick in until he survives this year intact?

Core player, redone deal in 2010, sh*tty bonus. Maybe that's why I believe Revis' camp when they say the Jets are doing nothing on the signing bonus front.

And I dont think Gholston and Sanchez are a good example being where they were drafted and how ridiculous rookie contracts are in general. Teams that have that high of a draft choice know what they are going to have to invest on the front and make room accordingly. Teams budget for draft picks. Totally different then trying to redo a guy with 3 years remaining.

How were the Jets supposed to know that Revis, who has already held out for one contract, would do it all over again asking for something that is literally insane. I just dont see how the Jets could have budgeted accordingly for a deal that is unreasonable a year before a lot of uncertainty in the NFL...which IMO currently looks like there wont be a season.

Regardless of the state of rookie contracts in the NFL today, the Jets were able to absorb both those players bloated deals without getting a premium in return. From Gholston, they've gotten nothing. Yet, they've been able to go out and sign premium FA's without letting Gholston's contract cripple them. When they sign a veteran all pro player to -say- 50% more than a piece of sh*t like Vernon Gholston, they aren't crippling the team. That's nonsense. The Jets can redo Revis, and continue to go about business as usual. Especially when that lump is gone from the roster next year.

The haters are way too wrapped up in the Aso money thing. I think if/when this deal gets done, it will be for less than Aso money. But it's going to require a much larger signing bonus than the one they gave Brick. That's an insult in this uncapped year. The only reason Brick is the only one of the core four signed right now is that he's the only one willing to sign such a crappy deal, IMO.

How is Darrelle Revis robbing you?

Are you signing the check?

Desperate are we? You know I mean the Jets.

You act like they should just give him this huge signing bonus and forget that he's robbing them for upfront money as we post.

Why side step that, if you believe in your case? :huh:

You'll need Johnson money to attend a game then...The guy is greedy and most fans of football feel the same way.

hahahahahahahaha

Like your owner ISN'T greedy?

Like tickets aren't already grossly overpriced? Fans shouldn't have to setup a long-term payment plans to sit in a seat and watch their favorite team play.

Get a clew.

Imagine Nick Mangold, D'Brick and David Harris acting like Revis. Can you imagine how bad we would be screwed? So nice to have respectable and rational players on your team. I see no reason, when it comes to Mangold specifically, why he couldn't try to pull the same crap. Has he outplayed his contract? Hell yes. Best player at his position? Probably. Is he whining like a baby? No. GET TO CAMP OR GET OUT OF FOOTBALL ME-VI$$$

hahahahahahahaha

Like tickets aren't already grossly overpriced? Fans shouldn't have to setup a long-term payment plans to sit in a seat and watch their favorite team play.

Get a clew.

If you don't like it, don't go!

If that bothers the players, let them become owners!

Such as life!

hahahahahahahaha

Get a clew.

So now the owner of a business is not supposed to make money??? And why do you think that tickets are so grossly over priced? Is it the guy selling you a hot dog thats making $9 an hour?? Of course it's not... I know you're smarter than that... Salaries are getting out of control and to give in to these players every time they are unhappy about a contract that they signed is bad for the nfl.

Desperate are we? You know I mean the Jets.

You act like they should just give him this huge signing bonus and forget that he's robbing them for upfront money as we post.

Why side step that, if you believe in your case? :huh:

Not desperate at all. I just don't get why everyone cares what our RICH owner does with his money in an uncapped year. It's like a Yankees fan crying that Derek Jeter shouldn't be give a FAT CONTRACT.

Gee, I don't know.

How about D'Brick's much balleyhood contract extension in which he got a measly $1.6M signing bonus, and all the rest of the "guarantees" don't kick in until he survives this year intact?

Core player, redone deal in 2010, sh*tty bonus. Maybe that's why I believe Revis' camp when they say the Jets are doing nothing on the signing bonus front.

Regardless of the state of rookie contracts in the NFL today, the Jets were able to absorb both those players bloated deals without getting a premium in return. From Gholston, they've gotten nothing. Yet, they've been able to go out and sign premium FA's without letting Gholston's contract cripple them. When they sign a veteran all pro player to -say- 50% more than a piece of sh*t like Vernon Gholston, they aren't crippling the team. That's nonsense. The Jets can redo Revis, and continue to go about business as usual. Especially when that lump is gone from the roster next year.

The haters are way too wrapped up in the Aso money thing. I think if/when this deal gets done, it will be for less than Aso money. But it's going to require a much larger signing bonus than the one they gave Brick. That's an insult in this uncapped year. The only reason Brick is the only one of the core four signed right now is that he's the only one willing to sign such a crappy deal, IMO.

Ugh...never mind.

Not desperate at all. I just don't get why everyone cares what our RICH owner does with his money in an uncapped year. It's like a Yankees fan crying that Derek Jeter shouldn't be give a FAT CONTRACT.

You really don't understand the difference between this and baseball? REALLY???

I know you can't get this through your head, but we care about the team's future!

There is going to be a cap in the new CBA you know, there is no cap in baseball!

Your answer to that is to give him a huge signing bonus this year and pave the way for him to hold out and rob THE JETS again!

What vision!

You really don't understand the difference between this and baseball? REALLY???

I know you can't get this through your head, but we care about the team's future!

There is going to be a cap in the new CBA you know, there is no cap in baseball!

Your answer to that is to give him a huge signing bonus this year and pave the way for him to hold out and rob THE JETS again!

What vision!

The CBA is going to push the salary cap higher.

And there would be a clause in the contract that would prevent Revis from holding out again.

The CBA is going to push the salary cap higher.

And there would be a clause in the contract that would prevent Revis from holding out again.

All easier said than done.

How much will it go up?

Let's say they give him a $25 million dollar signing bonus...

Can you tell me how that will count against the new cap?

Didn't think so!

The same can be said about the clause...

Will such a clause even be allowed?

Will it be null and void or grandfathered in?

Maybe it's been offered already.

Maybe MEvi$ turned that down too!

All speculation!

Here are the facts, we have like 5-6 other starters that need to be signed and considered.

They can't just cave to MEvi$' unreasonable demands and forget about keeping anybody else.

Oh and since you are an expert on next year, there will be no $15-$16 million dollar a year CB's left in the league either.

Unless of course you get your wish!

Then there will be 1 Mr. MEvi$, and he'll be making like $7 million more than the next top CB.

Brilliant!

some where along the line the idea of the free market went out the window. the free market establishes a product and a price paid for that product. But no that's not logical. Instead, al davis is crazy and Revis should get Asante Samuel money. Cause ya know that's what makes sense for the Jets. It doesn't make sense to pay the best corner like the best corner. Pay him like the 10th best corner and he can suck a duck. Go Jets!

You don't understand what free market means.

Last I checked there isn't a salary cap.

Woody could front-load the deal with a ridiculous signing bonus, no?

I don't see why this can't be done without mortgaging our future.

Because if he gets his money in advance he will hold out again. Revis is unreliable and can't be trusted with advanced money.

Disregarding the 30% rule, if the Jets gave Revis $160M in advance for 10 years in the second year Revis would hold out and say that Woody Johnson is a slave master who wants players to work on his plantation for free.

Read that whole article. Wow. I can't not believe they posted that.

That is really the public stance you want to take? That is really the stance that Darrelle is supporting when he has to return to the team and face the players? I guess there is an I in team after all. A CB is going to make the difference between Super Bowl victory or not? Wow, wow, wow. I know how important he is but this is just brutal.

Not sure what the capital S is for in Jets. Funny though that they bring up the PSL issue. As if the players salaries have nothing to do with ticket prices. It is two sides of people that have more money than we will ever see, trying to pit us against each other.

You know what side we are on? The side that puts the best Jets team on the field. Revis has 3 years left on his contract. Get back to work and handle this sh*t quietly.

This is petty but they didn't even put a period at the end. Did they spell check this thing? And the way they closed was a little dramatic for my liking. It reminds me of the song in Grease two, do it for your country, Uncle Sam would want you to.

Get over yourselves. I swear I am getting closer to hoping the Jets just say F U and let him rot. He is the best CB in the game but honor the contract you signed.

great great post..

I am starting to think Rex made his 'get everyone in same room ' speech, cause he feels these agents are using this to promote THEM and Rex wants Revis to hear how they actually talk to Jets in talks and how unreasonable they may be.

These posts by agents are borederline silly and smell a awful like turd Uncle Sean wrote them.

every Jets fan needs to hear this

Sorry for not reading every post in this thread, but what about that interview do you think makes it a must hear?

Sounded like a bunch of empty rhetoric to me. He has a contract... No one, not even the Jets, expected him to play for that $550K this year. That's why they opened negotiations in the first place. No word on what these deals they offered Revis might've included. He says he thinks they were fair deals, I'm sure Revis' agents think the deal they proposed the other night to Tannenbaum was a fair one, too.

A lot of posturing without substance if you ask me.

One thread.

Any one that thinks they have something to say that is so important that it might get lost in the big thread will have to pay a $100 charge.

The money can be used for a "Feed Revis Family" fund. The $16,000,000 should be raised in no time

Because if he gets his money in advance he will hold out again. Revis is unreliable and can't be trusted with advanced money.

Disregarding the 30% rule, if the Jets gave Revis $160M in advance for 10 years in the second year Revis would hold out and say that Woody Johnson is a slave master who wants players to work on his plantation for free.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I think he just wants a large chunk of his salary guaranteed, which can be achieved through a big signing bonus.

In terms of future holdouts, I think that needs to be addressed in the fine-print of the contract.

Put a clause in the contract to avoid that. If decides to holdout again, there should be a stiff penalty in the form YOOGE monetary deductions.

It was in his contract that if he held out $20M in guaranteed money would become unguaranteed and he held out anyway.

Because of league rules if he held out past the 10th he gets another year added to his contract and he held out anyway.

Putting disincentives in the contract won't work because Revis is loco.

No. Why not get the ACTUAL money out of the way first then deal with the ridiculously inflated number total compensation is going to be.

What's the point of trying to figure out total compensation FIRST when in essence that number means nothing? The guaranteed money is the crucible of the problem.

If what you are saying is true then Revis could agree to the 10year/$120M idea and then begin the work of hammering out how much of that will be guaranteed. But Revis won't do that because he insists on getting more than Aso.

Because that 100 million dollar contract was most likely all fluff and no substance.

Again Guaranteed money is the issue here, not the made up contract number.

you couldn't be more wrong

it's all about 160 million over 10 years, a million a game

Put me officially in the phuck Darrelle Revis grouping. Turning his nose up at 120MM for 10 years and stating that number has to be $160MM is enough for me. Shame he's just a kid and has chosen to listen to the 2 scumbags and uncle dildo - but thats on him too - he's choosing to do it. Upward and onward - have fun playing Madden dildonis.

Archived