Jets Trivia Thread

Jetsfan80

This thread's purpose is to pass the time a bit. Ask a Jets-related trivia question, and once its answered correctly, someone else ask a question, and so on. We'll go with the honor's system (don't look it up!), though I would suggest asking questions that aren't easily discovered on the internet, just in case. Here we go:

Who was the last Jet to accumulate 200 receiving yards in a game?

This thread's purpose is to pass the time a bit. Ask a Jets-related trivia question, and once its answered correctly, someone else ask a question, and so on. We'll go with the honor's system (don't look it up!), though I would suggest asking questions that aren't easily discovered on the internet, just in case. Here we go:

Who was the last Jet to accumulate 200 receiving yards in a game?

Im guessing here, Wesley Walker

penny to coles

For that to happen, Coles would need 487 receptions in the game. I'm pretty sure that would be a record.

That would also mean that Chad had a 200 yard game. I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Chris Chambers did it in Miami in 05' against Buffalo, with Gus Ferotte throwing him the ball. Can't make that stuff up.

Wow and that came only 5 years into your 10 year playoff winless drought.

I'm very proud of ya!

The correct answer is Rich Caster.

On September 24, 1972, on the road against the Baltimore Colts, Caster had 204 yards on 6 catches. He also had 3 TD's in the 44-34 win, improving the Jets to 2-0.

Huh. Only 3 years into the jets 43 year long no superbowl stretch. Good to know.

I'd have guessed Hudson too. It's before my time, but was it Billy Baird? I know Johnny Sample was one CB. That leaves Randy Beverly and Baird and I think Beverly was a CB. It's not Chris Farasopoulos. He came a few years later.

Correct. Billy Baird - #46. He also returned punts. Short, mediocre tackler, but very quick. And yes, Beverly and Sample were the CBs.

Archived