Yanks could possibly have the MVP and CY Young winner on this club

NIGHT STALKER

Might, if Hamilton goes on another bender or the BBWA carries out a gross miscarriage of justice.

He might. He certainly is in the mix. But, do call it a gross miscarriage of justice if he doesn't win it is ludicrous. Too many things can happen with 2 months of baseball left.

He might. He certainly is in the mix. But, do call it a gross miscarriage of justice if he doesn't win it is ludicrous. Too many things can happen with 2 months of baseball left.

I agree plenty can happen in 2 months.... like Cano going from hitting .376 on June 10th to his current mark of .325.

Hamilton would need to go into a 6-week funk, get injured, or relapse in conjunction with Cano surging to make it a race IMO.

If Detroit wasn't playing sub-.500 ball, the hardware would be going to Miguel Cabrera.

Yankees don't care. Individual achievements mean nothing to them.

LOL

Again, and this time listen up because you think you're being clever and everyone knows your game by now. In the grand scheme of things, Cano and Yankees would rather win a WS title. Being a Mets fan like you are, I can understand you can't grasp that concept...speaking about your Mets, how they doing Scotty?

Again, and this time listen up because you think you're being clever and everyone knows your game by now. In the grand scheme of things, Cano and Yankees would rather win a WS title. Being a Mets fan like you are, I can understand you can't grasp that concept...speaking about your Mets, how they doing Scotty?

You have talked to Cano? How would you know which he would rather have?

Just like you clinically diagnosed Mickey Mantle? LOL

You have talked to Cano? How would you know which he would rather have?

Just like you clinically diagnosed Mickey Mantle? LOL

Answer the question Scotty...how are your Mets doing? Never mind the Yanks...they'll take care of business as usual. Now, about those Mets... :lol:

What's with attacking a guy for merely suggesting that the Yankees have two legitimate Cy Young candidates and a legitimate MVP candidate?

It happens to be true. CC and Hughes are legit Cy Young candidates and Cano is a legit MVP candidate.

Ignoring that none of them will likely be deserving of actually winning, yes, they will all likely finish in the top-10, and in the case of CC and Cano, the top-5 for the awards, which makes them legitimate candidates.

I didn't really get the point of the thread. It's not as if it's some rare feat for the team with the best record in baseball to have candidates for both the Cy Young and MVP.

How would a thread started by a Sox fan have been received if he was stating that Lester or Buchholz and Beltre could take home the hardware?

Ignoring that none of them will likely be deserving of actually winning, yes, they will all likely finish in the top-10, and in the case of CC and Cano, the top-5 for the awards, which makes them legitimate candidates.

I didn't really get the point of the thread. It's not as if it's some rare feat for the team with the best record in baseball to have candidates for both the Cy Young and MVP.

How would a thread started by a Sox fan have been received if he was stating that Lester or Buchholz and Beltre could take home the hardware?

That would be moronic as in my world you need to at least make the postseason to have a legitimate MVP candidate.

Beltre is deserving of consideration for the Hank Aaron Award which is for the best hitter in each league but not the MVP.

Answer the question Scotty...how are your Mets doing? Never mind the Yanks...they'll take care of business as usual. Now, about those Mets... :lol:

The Mets are horrible, I have never said anything different.

I always get a kick how you grabbing onto to the bandwagon of a better sports team than me, somehow makes you a better person.

The Mets are horrible, I have never said anything different.

I always get a kick how you grabbing onto to the bandwagon of a better sports team than me, somehow makes you a better person.

I don't know Scotty, we both go for the Jets...I guess I've been on that bandwagon longer than you...now what?

You're right that the AL MVP and Cy Young should go to members of the same team.

The Texas Rangers.

+1,000,000

Cliff and Josh Hamilton FTW.

The Cubs btw had Hamilton's rights for a day a couple years ago...in typical Cubs fashion we gave him away for nothing after wasting a Rule 5 pick on him in the first place...FMC.

What's with attacking a guy for merely suggesting that the Yankees have two legitimate Cy Young candidates and a legitimate MVP candidate?

It happens to be true. CC and Hughes are legit Cy Young candidates and Cano is a legit MVP candidate.

Phil Hughes is not a legit Cy Young candidate. CC is. Cano is an MVP candidate, but I don't think he wins it this year.

I don't think Cano wins it either. The competition is too strong. He'd need a monster September.

If C.C. keeps his ERA down the Cy Young is his.

Cano should win MVP (unless the Yankees don't make the playoffs)

as for CYA that should be Cliff Lee's for sure

Nick Swisher: .294/.366/.518, 22 HR, 70 RBI, 140 OPS+ (AND STRIKES OUT TWICE AS MUCH AS CANO)

Alex Rodriguez: .265/.334/.486, 21 HR, 97 RBI, 122 OPS+

Mark Teixiera: 256/.362/.492, 27 HR, 88 RBI, 132 OPS+

Robbie Cano: .325/.387/.566, 24 HR, 78 RBI, 158 OPS+

you are a joke Carl

mhm and so who is having a better season on the Yankees??

you gotta be kidding me

No one is, but it isn't about who is having the best season. It is about who is most valuable. How much would the Yankees be losing if Cano wasn't there? They would still be in playoff contention.

Grow up with the name calling.

No one is, but it isn't about who is having the best season. It is about who is most valuable. How much would the Yankees be losing if Cano wasn't there? They would still be in playoff contention.

I disagree...Cano carried the team while A-rod and Tex were slumping

how is that NOT the most valuable?

I think we can now eliminate Hughes from any Cy Young consideration. Nice pitcher, pitching to"average" stats, but certainly not a Cy candidate

Cano has easily been the Yankees best hitter this season. They would lose a ton with Cano out of the lineup. You serious?

I think Miggy is the MVP...with Cano and Hamilton 2nd.

Hughes isnt close to CY Young consideration. CC could be.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this statement?

Unless Lee comes up with a 5-0 September he has no shot.

The guy is 2-4 since coming over from Seattle and is pitching to an ERA of 5.80 this month.

The Cano, Hamilton, Cabrera race for the MVP is going to basically come down who have a big September. The numbers for all three of them are pretty close.

The one edge I think Hamilton has right now is that when he got blazing hot in June the Rangers really took off as a team.

Cano has easily been the Yankees best hitter this season. They would lose a ton with Cano out of the lineup. You serious?

I think Miggy is the MVP...with Cano and Hamilton 2nd.

Hughes isnt close to CY Young consideration. CC could be.

Barring he and Ron Washington going on a bender together, Hamilton is winning the MVP, and deservedly so.

Unless Lee comes up with a 5-0 September he has no shot.

The guy is 2-4 since coming over from Seattle and is pitching to an ERA of 5.80 this month.

The Cano, Hamilton, Cabrera race for the MVP is going to basically come down who have a big September. The numbers for all three of them are pretty close.

The one edge I think Hamilton has right now is that when he got blazing hot in June the Rangers really took off as a team.

With Bautista giving him little chance of winning the Triple Crown, Miggy won't win MVP on a sub-.500 team when there are other deserving candidates.

It's Hamilton's race to lose at this point.

Archived