Ladanian Tomlinson says " We're going to cash it."

ARodJetsFan

LT will certainly be one of the more interesting storylines to follow this season. Will he enjoy a "change of scenery" resurgence, or will he continue his four year slide into mediocrity? Much of the Jets success rides on hope for the former.

As long as the Jets don't play in a big, important game, LT will be very good for them.

Winners show it on the field BEFORE they start any talk.

Just sayin'

BB brainwashed you obviously....

The JETS talked smack and then beat the crap out of the Pats last year... then talked smack to the whole league and made it further than the Pats last year as well.

Boy I really wish they hadn't talked all that crap last year, they would have made it to the Superbowl if they shut up.

Yeah...those are a list of former Champions.....LT doesn't belong on that list.

Really what belt did Ali have when he said he would beat Liston? :huh:

How many super bowls did Namath have when he made the guarantee? :blink:

What did being a former champion have to do with Messier's guarantee? :unsure:

Clown!

BB brainwashed you obviously....

The JETS talked smack and then beat the crap out of the Pats last year... then talked smack to the whole league and made it further than the Pats last year as well.

Boy I really wish they hadn't talked all that crap last year, they would have made it to the Superbowl if they shut up.

LMAO.....so typical...ONLY a Jets fan would call a 16-9 win "beating the crap out of the Pats" yet totally forget about the last meeting which was a total beat down of a Jets loss at 31-14!!!

(and what's the trophy look like for going further in the playoffs than the AFCE Champs?)

LMAO.....so typical...ONLY a Jets fan would call a 16-9 win "beating the crap out of the Pats" yet totally forget about the last meeting which was a total beat down of a Jets loss at 31-14!!!

The JETS talked trash all year and it got them further.

Period.

You lose.

He must have learned it in one of TX's scorch classes.

I will say this again.

I wish they would shut up and play ball.

This team can be special. It will not be proven by anything they say, it will be proven by how they play.

I wish they would all just STFU!!!

Winning speaks at decibels that the human voice can never reach.

Just Shut up and Play Jets Football

LT will certainly be one of the more interesting storylines to follow this season. Will he enjoy a "change of scenery" resurgence, or will he continue his four year slide into mediocrity? Much of the Jets success rides on hope for the former.

4 year slide? Thats a bit excessive. Last year was his only "bad" year. Year before he wasnt great, but he wasnt bad. And the 2 years before were elite, with the first of those being a record breaking season.

As long as the Jets don't play in a big, important game, LT will be very good for them.

Ha, very true....good thing we have a RB thats proved he can show up in big games ;-)

I'm going to enjoy hearing you guys bash LT come October-November.

Again, you Patsies are acting like he's our #1. He's not. I'm not a fan of LT at all. I didnt like the signing and dont have a ton of confidence if Greene gets hurt. But preseason or not, he has looked like he's still got something left and he might actually end up being a very nice pick up as a 3rd down back.

Again, you Patsies are acting like he's our #1. He's not. I'm not a fan of LT at all. I didnt like the signing and dont have a ton of confidence if Greene gets hurt. But preseason or not, he has looked like he's still got something left and he might actually end up being a very nice pick up as a 3rd down back.

If LT can prove to be as affective as that damned drive-saving Kevin Faulk on 3rd downs, than I'll be quite pleased with the pick up.

I wasn't crazy about the signing other then it got rid of Jones, but if judging by preseaon the bolded is a huge understatement. I have no problem w/splitting carries 50/50 at this point. As good as greene was last year, we have to atleast consider that he was fresh at the end of the season when everyone else was beat down. I don't see him keeping that pace this season.

Winners show it on the field BEFORE they start any talk.

Just sayin'

I'm pretty sure Babe Ruth called his shot, as did Joe Namath. Some people set the bar, then strive to achieve the expectations they have set for themselves. Others prefer to cheat, and keep a low profile... and then spin it as "doing their talking on the field."

I'm not a huge fan of all the talk, but I'm suprised a lot of people just don't get what it is all about

1) establish a goal, and don't be afraid to tell everyone what it is. be a man about it

2) put the pressure on the entire organization to work towards the goal every day. trainers, secretaries, drivers, everybody

3) take attention away from other issues like LG, injured safety, holmes suspension etc etc

4) LT illustrates the most important reason for it, the players feel they need to back rex up and win

5) give the team an identity. as they said in hard knocks, "play like a jet" is no longer a punch line

I've learned to live with the talk, and almost embrace it

Archived