Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

Sanchez played a good game in very cold conditions and light snow. that is a huge positive.

I think the Jets coaching staff should work on their 2 minute drill though. or let Sanchez call his own plays in that situation where time is a problem. but I have a sneaking suspicion that they're either in denial that theres a problem there, or they cant fix it. either one is troubling.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did your reply to my post have to do with anything related to my post? Hackett was an idiot, so what? and so was Herm, so what? was that supposed to be some kind of newsflash?

wow, REALLY!!?? I feel like Im in the movie "Groundhog Day" when I hear supposed "fans" of MY team make the same complaints about the Coach and OC for the past 6 years.

We get it, you have figured out the intricacies of NFL game calling and clock management from your couch. If you coach football at any level, i would consider you a knowledgable on the subject......but something tells me you didnt, so please since you arent an expert at ANYTHING football related except geeking out on the internet with 20,000 posts, dont call me the idiot.

Maybe instead of "steady moddin'" all day, you should go to a coaching clinic so you can actually understand the nuts and bolts about actual coaching....but i forgot, your already an expert

wow, REALLY!!?? I feel like Im in the movie "Groundhog Day" when I hear supposed "fans" of MY team make the same complaints about the Coach and OC for the past 6 years.

We get it, you have figured out the intricacies of NFL game calling and clock management from your couch. If you coach football at any level, i would consider you a knowledgable on the subject......but something tells me you didnt, so please since you arent an expert at ANYTHING football related except geeking out on the internet with 20,000 posts, dont call me the idiot.

Maybe instead of "steady moddin'" all day, you should go to a coaching clinic so you can actually understand the nuts and bolts about actual coaching....but i forgot, your already an expert

who's ''we'' JOJO? Have you seen how many dumb threads you have made the past 2 weeks? Im exhausted from either moving or deleting them.

If you can't figure out that the game was managed terribly yesterday you are clueless, dude. stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday ;)

Sanchez's accuracy was better. But I also believed that a more conservative gameplan was called, maybe because it was working, but we played a lot safer and smarter. To me, it goes to my point that both Sanchez and Schotty are a problem. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Difference is, Sanchez is on the field, so you need to do what's best for him.

It definitely appeared as if the receivers were running patterns that were easier for Sanchez to throw. Maybe he was just finding those guys better this week than in other weeks, but that's how it looked to me, too.

If it was indeed better play calling/design we should see more of it in the next couple weeks. We can also wonder aloud about where it's been for the past two years. They showed the out pattern against the fish that was intercepted early in the game, and Phil Simms commented on how difficult a throw that is to make, and how he talked to Schottenheimer and Brian told him that he needed to get Mark some more easier throws. Is that what happened? I tend to think it is. For a team that supposedly self-scouts often, it's certainly about time.

Schotty still needs to figure out the clock. When your running successfully on the last drive, you keep it on the ground, in bounds, especially on 2nd and five. I nearly pooped myself when he called two passing plays with the clock on our side. Gave the Steeler an extra three-four plays at least. Unfogiveable on most days--luckily the D held.

Have you seen how many dumb threads you have made the past 2 weeks?

If by "dumb" you mean "correct" than i agree with you. Everything i said in the past week came true on sunday from the Jets going up early and never losing the lead (KO return first play of the game) to friggin Tim tebow having a great game.

I just think you want to disparage me b/c it makes you feel better about telling the world how bad we suck. You were wrong BP, we dont suck.

you gonna delete this thread or can you handle the truth??

If by "dumb" you mean "correct" than i agree with you. Everything i said in the past week came true on sunday from the Jets going up early and never losing the lead (KO return first play of the game) to friggin Tim tebow having a great game.

I just think you want to disparage me b/c it makes you feel better about telling the world how bad we suck. You were wrong BP, we dont suck.

Go cry to Sperm ;) hes the one that deleted your dumb thread :lol:

I just posted in this thread that Sanchez played well in bad conditions, but in your gaga rage you probably didnt read it, did you?

It definitely appeared as if the receivers were running patterns that were easier for Sanchez to throw. Maybe he was just finding those guys better this week than in other weeks, but that's how it looked to me, too.

If it was indeed better play calling/design we should see more of it in the next couple weeks. We can also wonder aloud about where it's been for the past two years. They showed the out pattern against the fish that was intercepted early in the game, and Phil Simms commented on how difficult a throw that is to make, and how he talked to Schottenheimer and Brian told him that he needed to get Mark some more easier throws. Is that what happened? I tend to think it is. For a team that supposedly self-scouts often, it's certainly about time.

Thing about that throw, it is difficult, it's especially difficult when you're throwing from the opposite hash. And, he threw late.

8-12 yards seems like the strategy we employed, when in the past it was 20 yards, which led to bad throws and lots of checkdowns.

Um...

TD 09:03 Rashard Mendenhall 2 Yd Run (Shaun Suisham Kick) 10 17

Sanchez's accuracy was better. But I also believed that a more conservative gameplan was called, maybe because it was working, but we played a lot safer and smarter. To me, it goes to my point that both Sanchez and Schotty are a problem. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Difference is, Sanchez is on the field, so you need to do what's best for him.

I don't think the gameplan was more conservative as it was well thought out...Most of this season when the offense did have success it was through the big play...bomb to Braylon...bomb to Holmes...slant to Holmes that he takes to the house...

Yesterday they went to a more complex, dissecting type of offense, and it was awesome for me to watch. It shows that our wittle Sanchez is growing into a big boy who can be trusted to do things big boy QBs do. He didn't make any big scoring passing plays, but the fact that he got himself through it mistake free speaks bodes well for us...Just means they can do and try more things and maybe even make this kind of dissection a normal thing...Please note that I say dissection to make it sound cooler than it was...Sanchez isn't good enough to actually dissect defenses and tear them apart, but I think yesterday was yet another step in the right direction. The deep ball is an effective but fairly inconsistent weapon...if you have a QB who can nail the short yardage and intermediate game? Oh f*ck yes...that's where the passing game really makes it's money, and that IMO is the long term goal of the uber complicated uber stupid uber this uber that Schottenheimer offense.

While Sanchez does still suck for the most part, I think the progress he has made this season in season is remarkable and it says alot both about him and his coordinator....and I guess Cavanaugh, but I still don't trust him yet...though I'm less inclined to dislike him than when he first came here.

I don't think the gameplan was more conservative as it was well thought out...Most of this season when the offense did have success it was through the big play...bomb to Braylon...bomb to Holmes...slant to Holmes that he takes to the house...

Yesterday they went to a more complex, dissecting type of offense, and it was awesome for me to watch. It shows that our wittle Sanchez is growing into a big boy who can be trusted to do things big boy QBs do. He didn't make any big scoring passing plays, but the fact that he got himself through it mistake free speaks bodes well for us...Just means they can do and try more things and maybe even make this kind of dissection a normal thing...Please note that I say dissection to make it sound cooler than it was...Sanchez isn't good enough to actually dissect defenses and tear them apart, but I think yesterday was yet another step in the right direction. While Sanchez does still suck for the most part, I think the progress he has made this season in season is remarkable and it says alot both about him and his coordinator....and I guess Cavanaugh, but I still don't trust him yet...though I'm less inclined to dislike him than when he first came here.

I agree completely on both points. But, when you live and die by the big play, you're going to die way too often. Our offense was really not capable of marching down the field and to me, it's not like baseball where if you lead the league in home runs, it's ok if you also lead the league in strike outs. In the NFL, you're not going to get by hoping for a big play ftw each week. That is exactly why I had a problem with Schotty.

1st downs seemed to be the goal this week, and in drives where we didn't do great, at the very least, we were able to switch field positions. I don't want to get all Herm Edwards and say a drive ending in a kick is a success, it's not. But a drive ending in a kick after switching field positions is better than what we've been producing, and it's certainly better than turning the ball over.

Aggressive gameplanning doesn't have to mean designing a TD play on every throw. It means taking shots when you've got them. That's where we need to be.

I agree completely on both points. But, when you live and die by the big play, you're going to die way too often. Our offense was really not capable of marching down the field and to me, it's not like baseball where if you lead the league in home runs, it's ok if you also lead the league in strike outs. In the NFL, you're not going to get by hoping for a big play ftw each week. That is exactly why I had a problem with Schotty.

1st downs seemed to be the goal this week, and in drives where we didn't do great, at the very least, we were able to switch field positions. I don't want to get all Herm Edwards and say a drive ending in a kick is a success, it's not. But a drive ending in a kick after switching field positions is better than what we've been producing, and it's certainly better than turning the ball over.

Aggressive gameplanning doesn't have to mean designing a TD play on every throw. It means taking shots when you've got them. That's where we need to be.

Is it wrong to say I feel like Shotty went and watched tape on the NE offense and in a sense mimicked that? Not that it's a bad thing at all, with the competent QB play we got an average outing out of our offense which in comparison to the past few weeks, was a victory.

This is actually the reason I'm such a fan of Schottenheimer...when you have a mediocre to bad to very bad QB making ANY pass a threat is a big deal...to have it be the deep ball with a 2nd year guy...really, if those plays and passes weren't options this year we would not have 10 wins right now. We probably wouldn't even have 8 wins right now.

I agree with the rest of your post fully...I'm excited to see that Sanchez has cracked open the door to being a QB capable of getting first downs and sustaining drives in Year 2...Even if it took 14 Year 2 games to get there. I look forward to seeing how they build on this week's successes.

The game plan wasnt that much different than normal. Schotty has tried similar strategies to open games and Sanchez hasnt responded or his RB/WR havent.

This game was all about execution. Oline played their best game, RB's were outstanding, WR's were outstanding and Sanchez did all he had to do.

That said, why the **** we dont just throw the ball up in the endzone on a fade to BE in the redzone is still beyond me. Especially when your QB hasnt thrown a TD pass in 3 games. Its an easy call, that I trust both the QB and WR can make on any given occasion. Nice easy way to break a slump.

That and we dont use the back of the end zone enough. Keller, BE and Smith all have height...we need to take advantage of that in the redzone.

The problem is that Schitty is stubborn and has an over-inflated sense of his abilities. It takes him to be under a barrage of criticism for him to change the types of plays he's calling. I give him credit for finally changing it up.

He also did a good job in junking something that doesn't work, such as only calling BradCat once.

Overall, Schitty called a good game. His major FUs were the end of the half where AGAIN Sanchez is looking toward the sideline waiting for a play that Schitty is too late to give in, and the 3rd down pass after the safety. The Jets had success running some outside and should have tried that and told either Greene or LT to cut it back in to make sure they don't go out of bounds.

It is encouraging. Hopefully Sanchez plays well next week and the playcalling helps the players again.

This is actually the reason I'm such a fan of Schottenheimer...when you have a mediocre to bad to very bad QB making ANY pass a threat is a big deal...to have it be the deep ball with a 2nd year guy...really, if those plays and passes weren't options this year we would not have 10 wins right now. We probably wouldn't even have 8 wins right now.

You and I just fundamentally disagree here. Is what it is.

Week after week we win. That is not a one week issue either. There are items to correct, but "Please fire or demote Shotty" is not one of them. Not right now in the middle of a playoff run.

If the Cowboys pulled the trigger 3 weeks sooner they would be in the show...

That is why I say fire OR demote... you do not need to change the entire offense mid-season in order to get a fresh take on things...

I did see Rex and Sanchez talking with Shotty A LOT last night though so that is promising at least.

If the Cowboys pulled the trigger 3 weeks sooner they would be in the show...

That is why I say fire OR demote... you do not need to change the entire offense mid-season in order to get a fresh take on things...

I did see Rex and Sanchez talking with Shotty A LOT last night though so that is promising at least.

Were the Cowboys winning? I think not. You don't get closer to a playoff spot by firing people when you are winning. You want to dump the guy because of a 2 game losing streak? This board is ready to give Coughlin a pass despite several total collapses. They do things to get a fresh take on things. To you that's not acceptable because they didn't announce Schotty's fired or demoted.

Were the Cowboys winning? I think not. You don't get closer to a playoff spot by firing people when you are winning. You want to dump the guy because of a 2 game losing streak? This board is ready to give Coughlin a pass despite several total collapses. They do things to get a fresh take on things. To you that's not acceptable because they didn't announce Schotty's fired or demoted.

I believe that Shotty is gone after this year if we have another offensive thud like the Pats/Phins games. Yesterday was an average game and it resulted in a win. There were things that could've been done better and things that were done well. I'm not really going to complain. This is a fan messageboard, people have agendas.

You dump them because your offense has been a joke at times and does well in spite of him at times.

I believe that Shotty is gone after this year if we have another offensive thud like the Pats/Phins games. Yesterday was an average game and it resulted in a win. There were things that could've been done better and things that were done well. I'm not really going to complain. This is a fan messageboard, people have agendas.

That's certainly possible. As much as people want to pretend Rex is this moron that just knows defense and gives motivational speeches, I think he has a better feel for whether Schottenheimer is the problem or if it's Sanchez or something else. I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other.

That's certainly possible. As much as people want to pretend Rex is this moron that just knows defense and gives motivational speeches, I think he has a better feel for whether Schottenheimer is the problem or if it's Sanchez or something else. I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other.

Yup and for better or worse we are more married to Sanchez than we are to Shottenheimer. I don't think Rex is stupid and realizes that and ultimately if we have another offensive failure I don't believe this team would be cutting Sanchez.

I just don't get the crazy hate for Shottenheimer as well as the man-love. I know it's crazy, but it's nice to see you live in the gray on this subject matter.

Yup and for better or worse we are more married to Sanchez than we are to Shottenheimer. I don't think Rex is stupid and realizes that and ultimately if we have another offensive failure I don't believe this team would be cutting Sanchez.

I just don't get the crazy hate for Shottenheimer as well as the man-love. I know it's crazy, but it's nice to see you live in the gray on this subject matter.

Gray? I don't live in gray. I live in deep burnt orange metallic mother****er!

Go cry to Sperm ;) hes the one that deleted your dumb thread :lol:

I just posted in this thread that Sanchez played well in bad conditions, but in your gaga rage you probably didnt read it, did you?

This is true. I deleted his dumb thread. It was hardly a worthwhile one right after a first-ever win in Pittsburgh, down to the last play of the game, in the snow, in December...

Let me sum it up for those who missed it:

"Everyone on this message board sucks and is teh stoopid except me."

That's my bit and he was stealing it. There can be only one.

This is true. I deleted his dumb thread. It was hardly a worthwhile one right after a first-ever win in Pittsburgh, down to the last play of the game, in the snow, in December...

Let me sum it up for those who missed it:

"Everyone on this message board sucks and is teh stoopid except me."

That's my bit and he was stealing it. There can be only one.

You are an evil power hungry mod. (JO JO)

The premise behind this whole discussion is 1) The development of Sanchez 2) The development of the offense (line play, play designs and schemes, formations and ability to create deception) 3) The development of the play calling...period. I would suggest that any analysis of his success needs to be evaluated in the aformentioned areas but also within the context of the fact that he was also integrating a number of new elements/players into the equation that otherwise were not a part of the mix in previous season.

I...you...what? One touchdown in a month and Schottenheimer's efficacy becomes a valid topic again? If Kim Kardashian goes three days without showing a millionaire athlete her chooch are we going to fight over whether or not she's actually a virgin?

Said it yesterday. We've become so used to perplexing god-awfulness that when the guy is only slightly below average it comes off as a breakthrough.

Archived