Michael Vick for MVP

Blackout

What's funny is the couple males I know who refuse to eat meat like to "eat meat".. as in some other guys schlong.

YEs, and one of them is almost certainly your boyfriend.

And I'm not a vegan fwiw.. Althought I was for about a year

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's he supposed to do Smash? emcee the Westminster at MSG?

He lost his money, freedom, and was the most hated man in America for that year... Would it really appease those who hate him if he wrote a check?

No it wont appease them since he had to donate money to the humane society because i think the NFL suggested he do so if he wanted a chance at reinstatement. I could be wrong but I think he gave them a large sum of money. He also paid for the care of all the dogs on his property which he was ordered to do by the judge. Not sure hes done anything since his release which would have shown he really felt bad about what he did. he didnt feel bad about what he did to the dogs he felt bad about what he did to himself. Those are 2 very different things.

BTW I feel the same way about people Like Rapistberger its not just about dogs its about acting like a normal ******* human being. people actully cheer for these animals.

+1 billion. Thank You!

Do you know how hard it would be for anyone not in the professional sports realm to get a high paying job and a second chance after a felony conviction? Not only that but a violent felony conviction? He's very lucky to be supremely talented and to have the second chance. Not a lot of people would have gotten that.

I also think you have to separate the person from the player. The player is exciting to watch, unless he's playing your team. The person seems to be rehabilitating himself, but still far from what I would call a good person.

Do you know how hard it would be for anyone not in the professional sports realm to get a high paying job and a second chance after a felony conviction? Not only that but a violent felony conviction? He's very lucky to be supremely talented and to have the second chance. Not a lot of people would have gotten that.

I also think you have to separate the person from the player. The player is exciting to watch, unless he's playing your team. The person seems to be rehabilitating himself, but still far from what I would call a good person.

No you dont. I care about my team winning, not Noble Peace Prizes. I dont have to separate anything....as a fan its not my job to judge someone off the field...I root for the uniform.

Excellent Post JIF . I feel the same way about dogs and my Wife runs a rescue group and pulls dogs that are about to be destroyed at shelters, trains them, and finds them homes. As a matter of fact she just pulled a Pit Bull named Manny and he is a big baby. His family just dropped him off and left him there. I love my dogs like family because I dont have kids. My dogs are my kids heh.

My sister cant have kids. So she has dogs. I love them like they are my nieces and nephews ;-).

Some strong points there.. Can't really argue with that.

I've just had a conversations/debates with a couple friends of mine who are dog freaks and always leave shaking my head. I posed some hypotheticals and were shocked by their answers.. both of them said if there was a house fire and given the choice of saving their dog or a human they didn't know, they'd save the dog... they also said if they were on a rooftop after Katrina and the helicopter pilot coming to rescue them refused to take the dog (so there was more room for people) they'd wave him off and die with their K9 buddy... I just don't get it.

I think you talk to some of the extremists, but there are many who feel that way. I guess you have to be a dog lover to understand. I dont knock people for having either opinion. To each his own.

But I like what Smash said earlier...its about being a human. I just dont think its a decent behavior to torture any animals. Its sinister and is usually a good sign that the person isnt right in the head. IMO.

What's funny is the couple males I know who refuse to eat meat like to "eat meat".. as in some other guys schlong.

I dont think his diet has anything to do with his palate for cock.

Great post.

I believe Kolb is a FA after the year.

Kolb signed an extension before the season IIRC.

The Eagles have to re-sign Vick. It's a no brainer.

As to MVP? As mentioned, it all depends on the final record. Unlike the probowl the voting is done at the end of the season, not during it.

No you dont. I care about my team winning, not Noble Peace Prizes. I dont have to separate anything....as a fan its not my job to judge someone off the field...I root for the uniform.

Right. What I meant was, as a fan, you have to take the person out of it. You cheer for the jersey and the player, but not necessarily the person.

I love dogs and I will never be able to look at this guy as anything other than the POS he is. This guy lied to the very end and hardly seems rehabilitated. That being said, he paid his price to society and lost a great deal. This is America and he deserves a second chance, which he is certainly making the most of.

What bothers me is he seems to be gathering a sort of cult following among younger males who think it is cool or hip that he is some kind of anti-establishment "bad" guy who is having great success that makes most people uncomfortable becuase of their personal feelings about him.

F them and F Vick. They deserve each other.

I love dogs and I will never be able to look at this guy as anything other than the POS he is. This guy lied to the very end and hardly seems rehabilitated. That being said, he paid his price to society and lost a great deal. This is America and he deserves a second chance, which he is certainly making the most of.

What bothers me is he seems to be gathering a sort of cult following among younger males who think it is cool or hip that he is some kind of anti-establishment "bad" guy who is having great success that makes most people uncomfortable becuase of their personal feelings about him.

F them and F Vick. They deserve each other.

Did you watch the game the other night?

I will never understand why this issue is so damn polarizing. Nobody seems to give a fraction of a rat's a$$ about so many other crimes perpetrated against actual human beings. What's worse? Beating one's wife, or killing a dog? Sorry, but the answer is beating one's wife. Do wife beaters get a second chance to return to work? Of course they do. Does anyone seem to care? Nope.

Brett Favre has probably murdered 500 animals in his lifetime. Oh, but they're just stupid deer. Nobody owns and cuddles with a genetically similar creature, so nobody cares. Well, to me, killing a wild deer is worse than killing an animal that was bred by a human specifically to fight. The dog was suffering from the day it was born. it had no business being here, as it didn't even arise naturally. The deer was minding its own business, and is part of the natural order of life. It has a social structure. It may have babies who depend on it for food. One shotgun shell to its unsuspecting head destroys all of that. Does anyone care? Nope. Not really. It has antlers and doesn't know how to roll over on command. Why should anyone care about THAT animal? Its "JUST AN ANIMAL". Well guess what, dogs are "just animals" too.

What makes my dog special? I DO. Without me, and the bond I have with my dog, my dog becomes just another animal. Dogs make people feel special. Vick's dogs weren't the same as your dog, or my dog. There was no such bond. Nobody loved those dogs. They were just a poor, suffering animals.... like the porterhouse you just ate for dinner.

What Michael Vick did was WRONG. Terrible. Unacceptable in today's society.

However, he paid a tremendous price for his transgressions and has earned the right to a second chance, which he appears to be seizing. Ain't THAT America? Leave the man alone now.

A FEW BULLET POINTS TO CHEW ON:

If you don't like him, don't watch him.

If you wish physical harm on Vick, you're not such an honorable person yourself.

If you don't believe in second chances, move to North Korea.

Did you watch the game the other night?

Actually, I did not. So what? I know he is a great athlete and is having a great year. That is not my point. My point is to question why there are so many people who suddenly have a hard on for this guy. If you are an eagles fan, I can understand it. If you have a bitter hatred of pitbulls, I can understand it. But why are Jets fans on a Jets message board extolling their love for him? If it is just pure admiration for a talented QB that plays on another team, there are lots of them to admire. Why Vick?

I dare anyone who is professing their love of this douchbag to read my hypothesis in my post and tell me I did not hit it on the head.

Actually, I did not. So what? I know he is a great athlete and is having a great year. That is not my point. My point is to question why there are so many people who suddenly have a hard on for this guy. If you are an eagles fan, I can understand it. If you have a bitter hatred of pitbulls, I can understand it. But why are Jets fans on a Jets message board extolling their love for him? If it is just pure admiration for a talented QB that plays on another team, there are lots of them to admire. Why Vick?

I dare anyone who is professing their love of this douchbag to read my hypothesis in my post and tell me I did not hit it on the head.

I think the reason is that people enjoy seeing a man reinvent himself after nearly destroying himself. A comeback story, against all odds. He represents anyone who has ever made a mistake (no matter the magnitude), and who is earning his way back to the top, as a changed man (we hope). He once represented everything bad about America, and now is a symbol of what makes America great. Second chances.

I also think it helps that so many people seem to think Vick should be hanged. That kind of reprehensible retribution seeker only fuels the supporters' fire.

I will never understand why this issue is so damn polarizing. Nobody seems to give a fraction of a rat's a$$ about so many other crimes perpetrated against actual human beings. What's worse? Beating one's wife, or killing a dog? Sorry, but the answer is beating one's wife. Do wife beaters get a second chance to return to work? Of course they do. Does anyone seem to care? Nope.

Brett Favre has probably murdered 500 animals in his lifetime. Oh, but they're just stupid deer. Nobody owns and cuddles with a genetically similar creature, so nobody cares. Well, to me, killing a wild deer is worse than killing an animal that was bred by a human specifically to fight. The dog was suffering from the day it was born. it had no business being here, as it didn't even arise naturally. The deer was minding its own business, and is part of the natural order of life. It has a social structure. It may have babies who depend on it for food. One shotgun shell to its unsuspecting head destroys all of that. Does anyone care? Nope. Not really. It has antlers and doesn't know how to roll over on command. Why should anyone care about THAT animal? Its "JUST AN ANIMAL". Well guess what, dogs are "just animals" too.

What makes my dog special? I DO. Without me, and the bond I have with my dog, my dog becomes just another animal. Dogs make people feel special. Vick's dogs weren't the same as your dog, or my dog. There was no such bond. Nobody loved those dogs. They were just a poor, suffering animals.... like the porterhouse you just ate for dinner.

However, he paid a tremendous price for his transgressions and has earned the right to a second chance, which he appears to be seizing. Ain't THAT America? Leave the man alone now.

If you wish physical harm on Vick, you're not such an honorable person yourself.

You "will never understand why it's so polarizing" yet you seem to have a strong reaction in one direction?

I won't leave him alone, I did laugh when he got injured and I will not feel an ounce of pity if something bad happens to him. And none of this speaks to my honor. He's scum, he imprisoned and tortured defenseless animals for entertainment over years and years. There aren't too many more depraved categories of crime in my book. I'm sorry but as despicable as hitting a women is, I find Vick's behavior more vile, if only because of the sytematic nature and the pure defenselessness of the victims.

You "will never understand why it's so polarizing" yet you seem to have a strong reaction in one direction?

I won't leave him alone, I did laugh when he got injured and I will not feel an ounce of pity if something bad happens to him. And none of this speaks to my honor. He's scum, he imprisoned and tortured defenseless animals for entertainment over years and years. There aren't too many more depraved categories of crime in my book. I'm sorry but as despicable as hitting a women is, I find Vick's behavior more vile, if only because of the sytematic nature and the pure defenselessness of the victims.

Actually, it does say a lot about you as a person.

Perhaps honorable was the wrong word, but your stance is inhumane and primitive in my book.

But killing a dog is okay if it's not 'owned' by a human? So in your book, there's human and then there's the food chain, huh? And you sling words like inhumane and primative around at others? Got it.

I'm not following you here...there are plenty of people who think killing an innocent Bambi is terrible. I personally would never kill any animal unless I needed it for food. So I do find hunting a terrible sport. As well as there are many who think the laws against domestic violence are too lenient. However, hunting is legal and the manner in which you kill these animals...IMO...isnt exactly inhumane. Its a quick bullet and swift death.

Michael was torturing these animals...beating them to death, drowning them, lighting them on fire. That is disgusting behavior that is found to be prevalent in the early years of psychopaths who go onto become serial killers. Its not like he was breeding them to fight and if they didnt perform he'd swiftly put them down...he tortured them for his entertainment.

I get that there wasnt a bond...but you cant ask people to separate that emotion because of the impact that species has on human life. And it doesnt make it right to torture them because there was no bond...the dude is sick in the head.

What I dont understand is why people feel the f*cking need to compare things such as wife beating and killing dogs. Whats the f*cking point. If someone has the lack of conscience to be so cruel as to drown a freakin puppy do you think for a second they would think twice about putting a bullet in your head or beating their wife ?? It all goes hand in hand.

Yanks9596 Lets say you walked up on Vicks property and saw what was going on and told Mr Vick in the seclusion of his large acreage that you were going turn him in to the athorities, do you think you would have left there alive ? With all he had at stake your a$$ would have never been seen again.

The real issue is people who perform these hidious acts will probably perform them on humans just as easily. Most serial killers have killed Pets as children and thats a documented fact. When you compare shooting game animals to drowning puppies that people take into their responsibility as pets its a very different situation. When you compare it to beating ones wife thats just plain stupid. In my life time people have been much crueler to me than any of my pets would ever think of being.

Ill give you a story to show just how cruel people can be. A guy I worked with owned Pit Bulls, 2 of them to be exact. His dogs were known throughout the neighborhood and very well liked. They were big babies to be honest. One day one of the dogs got out and came upon a mother and her son who actully knew the dog. The dog was actully wagging its tail and licking them, the husband seeing this from the window got his gun ( In full View of onlookers) and walked up to the dog and put 4 bullets into him. IN FRONT of his son and wife. How ya think that kids gonna turn out ? What kind of person does this ? Not only was the person I know totally devistated but the entire neighborhood was. Now if that dog had them pinned or was attacking them I would have had no issue at all with what he did. All he got charged with was discharging a firearm.

The only animal on this planet that kills for sport, for war, for greed, and sometimes for no damn reason at all is the human being, and were supposed to be the Smart ones with higher intelligence?

I'm not following you here...there are plenty of people who think killing an innocent Bambi is terrible. I personally would never kill any animal unless I needed it for food. So I do find hunting a terrible sport. As well as there are many who think the laws against domestic violence are too lenient. However, hunting is legal and the manner in which you kill these animals...IMO...isnt exactly inhumane. Its a quick bullet and swift death.

Michael was torturing these animals...beating them to death, drowning them, lighting them on fire. That is disgusting behavior that is found to be prevalent in the early years of psychopaths who go onto become serial killers. Its not like he was breeding them to fight and if they didnt perform he'd swiftly put them down...he tortured them for his entertainment.I get that there wasnt a bond...but you cant ask people to separate that emotion because of the impact that species has on human life. And it doesnt make it right to torture them because there was no bond...the dude is sick in the head.

This

he has a killer instinct (if ya know what I mean) and is playing at an all time high

11 TDs and 0 INTs and a gang of rushing TD's too.

what does Jet NAtion think?

I think he deserves it, but doesn't. Guy shouldn't be in the league. Based just on his play though, I don't think eagles would be as good.

Michael was torturing these animals...beating them to death, drowning them, lighting them on fire. That is disgusting behavior that is found to be prevalent in the early years of psychopaths who go onto become serial killers. Its not like he was breeding them to fight and if they didnt perform he'd swiftly put them down...he tortured them for his entertainment.

I get that there wasnt a bond...but you cant ask people to separate that emotion because of the impact that species has on human life. And it doesnt make it right to torture them because there was no bond...the dude is sick in the head.

I don't recall hearing about Vick himself participating in the drowning and setting dogs ablaze. I'm not saying he didn't, I just always heard it was his posse.

What I dont understand is why people feel the f*cking need to compare things such as wife beating and killing dogs. Whats the f*cking point. If someone has the lack of conscience to be so cruel as to drown a freakin puppy do you think for a second they would think twice about putting a bullet in your head or beating their wife ?? It all goes hand in hand.

Yanks9596 Lets say you walked up on Vicks property and saw what was going on and told Mr Vick in the seclusion of his large acreage that you were going turn him in to the athorities, do you think you would have left there alive ? With all he had at stake your a$$ would have never been seen again.

The real issue is people who perform these hidious acts will probably perform them on humans just as easily. Most serial killers have killed Pets as children and thats a documented fact. When you compare shooting game animals to drowning puppies that people take into their responsibility as pets its a very different situation. When you compare it to beating ones wife thats just plain stupid. In my life time people have been much crueler to me than any of my pets would ever think of being.

Ill give you a story to show just how cruel people can be. A guy I worked with owned Pit Bulls, 2 of them to be exact. His dogs were known throughout the neighborhood and very well liked. They were big babies to be honest. One day one of the dogs got out and came upon a mother and her son who actully knew the dog. The dog was actully wagging its tail and licking them, the husband seeing this from the window got his gun ( In full View of onlookers) and walked up to the dog and put 4 bullets into him. IN FRONT of his son and wife. How ya think that kids gonna turn out ? What kind of person does this ? Not only was the person I know totally devistated but the entire neighborhood was. Now if that dog had them pinned or was attacking them I would have had no issue at all with what he did. All he got charged with was discharging a firearm.

The only animal on this planet that kills for sport, for war, for greed, and sometimes for no damn reason at all is the human being, and were supposed to be the Smart ones with higher intelligence?

Smash they still stone women to death in Iran for adultery... where's the outrage from America? I think just about everything Yanks said is on point. I don't see anyone calling Vick a great guy... he's an idiot... but he's been through enough IMO.

Smash they still stone women to death in Iran for adultery... where's the outrage from America? I think just about everything Yanks said is on point. I don't see anyone calling Vick a great guy... he's an idiot... but he's been through enough IMO.

PAC your talking about entire cultures that still practice dark age sh*t. Personally I think they would like us all to be like them, but were not because were a little more civilized in other areas of the world. Once again this has nothing to do with Michael Vick and what were discussing here. I think those people that still practice that crap are disgusting Idiots and to be honest it begs the question, who are the real Idiots here ? People, once again.

No matter what, people who perform cruel acts, weather they be to dogs or humans are not very nice people, and if it came down to a dog or a human it really wouldnt matter much to these types of people. Make no mistake Micheal Vich served his time because HE HAD TOO. He is not rehabilitated, hes just been taught a lesson, if ya kill dogs or fight dogs you go to jail, so Micheal wont be practicing torture on Dogs because its a threat to his lifestyle. If he gave a damn for one second about what he did he would say in all his interviews, " IT WAS WRONG WHAT I DID TO THOSE DOGS." INSTEAD he ALWAYS says "IT WAS WRONG WHAT I DID TO MY LIFE." "IT WAS WRONG HOW I SCREWED UP MY NFL CAREER" MY MY MY .F*CK HIM

Keep in mind were not talking about other countries or other forms of violence were talking about Micheal Vick and there is NO REASON to draw any comparisons to Rape or Murder or stoning women in third world countries. I will say this though with his consience, if he lived in those countries he would be the first prick to throw a stone.

Vick did terrible things and it was a sign of a depraved character.

But he went to jail for it and paid his debt to society. The character issues are still there, but unless he acts on it again I don't know how anyone can say he shouldn't play or be prevented from getting the MVP if he statistically deserves it.

He wasn't going to serve more time than he did. Plus, thank God for the federal prosecutors because the POS Virginia prosecutor planned to let Vick walk without even charging him. If the later happened that would have been a disgrace, but the federal prosecutors made sure justice was done.

Archived