The feel good about the playoffs thread

Sperm Edwards

There are 9 NFL teams with 10 wins. There are 5 in the AFC. The Jets are one of them.

New England is 13-2. One of those losses came against the Jets.

Pittsburgh is 9-2 since the rapist's return. One of those losses came against the Jets (in Pittsburgh no less).

Like last year our most dangerous RB should be very well rested for the playoffs.

Sanchez hasn't been curling up into fetal position in crappy weather.

We get a week to rest some starters who clearly need to get their legs fresh, particularly our front-seven on defense. When rested, we're damn tough to run against.

Our replacement safeties get another Get Out of Jail Free card of starting experience next week. Also would like to see the 3 non-Ducasse rookies get some non-special teams reps.

We won't need to travel to the west coast - or even to the western half of the country - no matter who the opponent is. We're 6-2 on the road and 4-3 at home. In other words, we're not noticeably worse off as the #6 seed than if we were the #3 seed.

The Jets have looked good on offense at times.

The Jets have looked good on defense at times.

The Jets have looked good on special teams at times.

Likely or unlikely, the potential is clearly there for the Jets to get their sh*t together for a playoff run. This is about as rah-rah-rah I can get after a loss, so it'll have to do.

Go Jets!

There are 9 NFL teams with 10 wins. There are 5 in the AFC. The Jets are one of them.

Pittsburgh is 9-2 since the rapist's return. One of those losses came against the Jets (in Pittsburgh no less).

Like last year our most dangerous RB should be very well rested for the playoffs.

We get a week to rest some starters who clearly need to get their legs fresh, particularly our front-seven on defense. When rested, we're damn tough to run against.

Our replacement safeties get another Get Out of Jail Free card of starting experience next week. Also would like to see the 3 non-Ducasse rookies get some non-special teams reps.

We won't need to travel to the west coast - or even to the western half of the country - no matter who the opponent is. We're 6-2 on the road and 4-3 at home. In other words, we're not noticeably worse off as the #6 seed than if we were the #3 seed.

Likely or unlikely, the potential is clearly there for the Jets to get their sh*t together for a playoff run. This is about as rah-rah-rah I can get after a loss, so it'll have to do.

Go Jets!

Nice job bro...it may take a day or two but I think it will kick in for everyone...this team has the potential now it is just a matter of putting it all together..Time for Rex and Co. to shine

Go Jets!

And our walls have never been breeched, we have the finest archers in the world, and we have Hector.

this is the best I've ever felt the next day after a loss. You know we were INCHES away from winning that game yesterday. All I can think of is a little luck and Sanchez would have hit Santonio on that sideline route for another game winning TD. It was a great call, a great route, and a great read-just a little luck and another couple of inches...

Read all the experts on how we backed in (Cimini was the bandleader) ...

1) We "backed" in because we already have ten wins

2) We still had the Bills game as another option - win and in

3) Nobody in the Pitt press was talking about the Steelers backing in last week

Jet fans - enjoy it !!!

Sure - there's stuff to fix - but I'll take 2 years in a row anytime (just ask Miami or the Giants .. Cincy...SD ....Cowboys...and the beat goes on....) !!!

Read all the experts on how we backed in (Cimini was the bandleader) ...

1) We "backed" in because we already have ten wins

2) We still had the Bills game as another option - win and in

3) Nobody in the Pitt press was talking about the Steelers backing in last week

Jet fans - enjoy it !!!

Sure - there's stuff to fix - but I'll take 2 years in a row anytime (just ask Miami or the Giants .. Cincy...SD ....Cowboys...and the beat goes on....) !!!

10 win teams dont back in. thats a joke. A mjority of the time you win 10 games your in and no one rested any players.

Single elimination tourney's favor the lucky not the great. For this we should rejoice.

Great point.

Being the best team during the regular season is nice, but being the best team in January/February matters more.

All the division titles won this week and next will not mean anything if you are bounced in the playoffs.

Can't feel good about this team losing their last 4 of 5 headed into the playoffs. Nice little accomplishment but one and done for sure.

I wonder if the Jets still believe they are the best team in the league? Going to be fun to watch the Pats win another SB.

4-5? Are you saying the Jets already lost to the Bills before the game has been played?

How did you feel about last years team going into the playoffs?

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Go Jets!

Couldn't agree more - I have confidence in this team for the first time since the Patsies win. We just got finished moving the football pretty effectively against 2 top 5 D's in their houses and crappy weather. Lets go - bring'em on.

10 win teams dont back in. thats a joke. A mjority of the time you win 10 games your in and no one rested any players.

What's sad is that a Phags fan has to correct some of the Jets posters around here. Saying we backed in with 10 wins is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen around here (and the sample size is large - LOL!). Not only that, but how the @#!$ do you back in when you needed a win against the Bears OR the Bills and we haven't even played them yet! It's mind boggling.

4-5? Are you saying the Jets already lost to the Bills before the game has been played?

How did you feel about last years team going into the playoffs?

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Clearly we lose to the Bills. We suck. I felt better last year because our D was lights out and so was our running game and we won 3 of the last 4 to get in. This year is just opposite. They are doing nothing well and are losing like they like it.

The way i see it is the only team i feel would be definitively favored over us is the Pats (and maybe the Steelers with Polamalu)... WHich to me basically means if we play solid football, and spring a single upset, we've got a solid chance this season. Just not a lot of great teams. Even the pats have that sh*tty defense to worry about

Clearly we lose to the Bills. We suck. I felt better last year because our D was lights out and so was our running game and we won 3 of the last 4 to get in. This year is just opposite. They are doing nothing well and are losing like they like it.

We beat the Bills even with our 2ns stringers playing. With nothing on the line for the Jets the Bills mail it in. True the D last year was great but no team scares me this year. Anything can happen.

The way i see it is the only team i feel would be definitively favored over us is the Pats (and maybe the Steelers with Polamalu)... WHich to me basically means if we play solid football, and spring a single upset, we've got a solid chance this season. Just not a lot of great teams. Even the pats have that sh*tty defense to worry about

The Jets have forgot how to play defense and how to win games. They beat no one in postseason this way. One and done.

The Jets have forgot how to play defense and how to win games. They beat no one in postseason this way. One and done.

OK stop now...take a break, go to the beach it looks awesome with the steam coming off the waves this morning-stop pissing in our Cheerios-we ALL know that unless some miracle happens we Jets fans will have to suffer through the torture of watching Brady hoist another SB trophy in a month or so...let's at least PRETEND to believe that anything can happen

OK stop now...take a break, go to the beach it looks awesome with the steam coming off the waves this morning-stop pissing in our Cheerios-we ALL know that unless some miracle happens we Jets fans will have to suffer through the torture of watching Brady hoist another SB trophy in a month or so...let's at least PRETEND to believe that anything can happen

Sorry. Im pissed today. Im stuck in Orlando and had to cancel my surf trip to Nicaragua. The Jets lost yesterday, i lost my fantasy football super bowl. I feel like sh*t so i feel its my duty to prepare everyone for what is going to happen. sh*tty teams don't win SBs let alone playoff games on the road. And the Jets are a sh*tty team

Archived