Santonio over Braylon?

ptgrd7

Mike Williams is a better WR than Braylon.

You see some of the catches he makes? Unreal hand eye. Makes joshy look REAL good.

Braylon would be lucky to snag half of the grabs.

Braylons made some incredible catches too! it's the easy ones that are hard for him!

Mike Williams is a better WR than Braylon.

You see some of the catches he makes? Unreal hand eye. Makes joshy look REAL good.

Braylon would be lucky to snag half of the grabs.

True. Braylon has dropped SOO many passes this year. Lets count.

can we keep both? or is that too much?

I think realistically, it's impossible to tell. Too many unknown variables at this point. Salary cap or no? How much do they like it here? How successful are the Jets in the playoffs? Does someone else offer a crazy contract to either? Is there even football next year?

Thing is, there's always a chance until one signs with another team. That being said, if I had to pick I'd take Braylon.

By my count Holmes has dropped 12 passes this year.

Weigh that as heavily as you think it should be weighed.

Is that the actual number? Wow. He's shocked me at times, both good and bad. I suppose, to be fair, Braylon was the same way last year. Maybe each is/was trying too hard in their first year here, I don't know. I just can't understand how someone who supposedly had some of the best hands in the NFL, and never had fumbling problems can be struggling with both so bad this year. I can't buy that Sanchez throws an awkward ball or something, or else Braylons drops would have continued in to this year. Maybe he takes getting used to, I don't know. It really doesn't make sense.

Is that the actual number? Wow. He's shocked me at times, both good and bad. I suppose, to be fair, Braylon was the same way last year. Maybe each is/was trying too hard in their first year here, I don't know. I just can't understand how someone who supposedly had some of the best hands in the NFL, and never had fumbling problems can be struggling with both so bad this year. I can't buy that Sanchez throws an awkward ball or something, or else Braylons drops would have continued in to this year. Maybe he takes getting used to, I don't know. It really doesn't make sense.

An actual number by my count, which is balls that hit him in the hands that he "should have" had.

His running into Edwards run and fumble in Denver should win a Darwin Award of some kind. Easily the worst play all year from any player on the offense, but more funny since the team won.

He just strikes me as unprofessional so far in his career.

By my count Holmes has dropped 12 passes this year.

Weigh that as heavily as you think it should be weighed.

The difference between the two, IMO, is that if Santonio doesn't want to be covered, he can't be covered. Braylon can get bodied up and shut down. Both of them have some dog in them, but when they decide to bring it, Santonio is the more dangerous receiver.

The difference between the two, IMO, is that if Santonio doesn't want to be covered, he can't be covered. Braylon can get bodied up and shut down. Both of them have some dog in them, but when they decide to bring it, Santonio is the more dangerous receiver.

Hey, to be fair...when Kerry Rhodes wanted to hit someone hard, he could ;)(remember his first two seasons?). I don't there's any denying that Santonio is more dangerous, though. I'm hoping he turns it on in the playoffs, as is as clutch as we've seen him be at times. Still like Braylon more, but I've gotta concede that/

An actual number by my count, which is balls that hit him in the hands that he "should have" had.

His running into Edwards run and fumble in Denver should win a Darwin Award of some kind. Easily the worst play all year from any player on the offense, but more funny since the team won.

He just strikes me as unprofessional so far in his career.

All the FO metrics including catch rate say Holmes is having a better season than Edwards, and last I checked he hasn't yet felt compelled to get his Dougie on to the tune of 15 yards or go trolling for cock with a .16 BAC.

All the FO metrics including catch rate say Holmes is having a better season than Edwards, and last I checked he hasn't yet felt compelled to get his Dougie on to the tune of 15 yards or go trolling for cock with a .16 BAC.

Again, this goes both ways. Santonio is 1 violation for a year long penalty, Braylon is not. And running into the back of your own player and fumbling on a play that had decent potential is just as bad if not worse than a 15 yarder, IMO.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

They also have Holmes with 0 fumbles. It's probably possibly fumbles lost? Mike Wallace is doing in year 2 what Holmes did in year 4. I can keep going, there's a million reasons to keep or lose either guy.

Neither is even in the top 30 in FOs stats. With Jackson, Breaston, and Sims-Walker amongst others are FAs, and then the draft has a really deep WR class the team could go a different route even if it's not totally wise.

Pre-playoffs while my emotions are numb towards the team's impending FAs I have to say that neither guy might be better than one or both. Plus, new blood might help the n00b at QB realize it's his offense.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

They also have Holmes with 0 fumbles. It's probably possibly fumbles lost? Mike Wallace is doing in year 2 what Holmes did in year 4. I can keep going, there's a million reasons to keep or lose either guy.

Neither is even in the top 30 in FOs stats. Jackson, Breaston, and Sims-Walker amongst others are FAs, and then the draft has a really deep WR class. Pre-playoffs while my emotions are numb towards the team's impending FAs I have to say that neither guy might be better than one or both. I can't say that either player inspires my awe, and new blood at WR will keep that n00b QB on his toes.

Holmes has two fumbles lost, for what it's worth. http://www.nfl.com/players/SantonioHolmes/profile?id=HOL657297

Again, this goes both ways. Santonio is 1 violation for a year long penalty, Braylon is not. And running into the back of your own player and fumbling on a play that had decent potential is just as bad if not worse than a 15 yarder, IMO.

IMO this is the biggie, and the tie breaker. Do you really want to give this guy a 5 year contract when he is one tote away from a year at home

Completely agree. Also, although Edwards has been great catching the ball this year, he has a history of dropsies. It is a disease that can suddenly return. At the worst times.

Braylon has never been as consistent as Santonio. Its not even close at this point in their careers.

BTW, Braylon playing good in a contract year. Coincidence? Maybe he's turning his career around...maybe not. We know what Santonio can do.

This, this, a hundred times this.

It's Holmes and it's not even close. In terms of consistency nobody is as poor as Edwards, he disappears way too often. Holmes is elite.

It's Holmes and it's not even close. In terms of consistency nobody is as poor as Edwards, he disappears way too often. Holmes is elite.

No, he isn't. Andre Johnson is elite. Santonio Holmes is trying to show he's worth keeping around.

Holmes is an elite king of inconsistency and laziness. This offense seems to function a LOT better with Braylon and Keller as the focal points. Holmes fumbles a lot and does other stupid lazy things. I'm not in love with either guy, but by far Edwards has the far higher ceiling because physically he is more gifted, and honestly, outside of his drops issues, he does try harder. Braylon is the better blocker and hustles more.

Not only is that better for both Sanchez and the run game, it motivates everyone else. Holmes is a cancer. The Steelers got rid of him for a reason.

Holmes is an elite king of inconsistency and laziness. This offense seems to function a LOT better with Braylon and Keller as the focal points. Holmes fumbles a lot and does other stupid lazy things. I'm not in love with either guy, but by far Edwards has the far higher ceiling because physically he is more gifted, and honestly, outside of his drops issues, he does try harder. Braylon is the better blocker and hustles more.

Not only is that better for both Sanchez and the run game, it motivates everyone else. Holmes is a cancer. The Steelers got rid of him for a reason.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5601578&autoplay=1 (audio)

Yeah but Edwards disappears for seasons at a time. Never trust a guy playing for his next contract post DUI to boot.

Holmes was let go by Pitt as a sign to the team and it's fans that off the field crap would not be tolerated. (Ben's to be specific).

Holmes essentially was easier to replace than Ben and took the public hit for Ben's much bigger issues.

Yeah but Edwards disappears for seasons at a time. Never trust a guy playing for his next contract post DUI to boot.

Holmes was let go by Pitt as a sign to the team and it's fans that off the field crap would not be tolerated. (Ben's to be specific).

Holmes essentially was easier to replace than Ben and took the public hit for Ben's much bigger issues.

This is true. Rooney Sr. got back from Ireland and wanted to see somebody's head roll. I believe I read he had to be talked out of dumping Roethlisberger at the same time.

Also, two years ago, there probably wasn't a receiver in the league that I would have taken over Edwards other than Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. But, after watching him up close last year, it was just so clear that he was never going to be the same player he was in 2007. I said earlier this season that it looked like the light had gone off with him, like he was playing at half-speed compared to that '07 season. Sure looks like the case now. Unless he just really, really hates playing with Sanchez.

Archived