Tom Coughlin -"Kiss my a$$"

Matt39

Coughlin to critics: "They can kiss my (bleep)"

January, 6, 2011 Jan 610:36AM ETEmail Print Comments By Ohm YoungmisukAfter the New York Giants finished the season with their 10th victory but out of the playoffs, head coach Tom Coughlin delivered a message to his team and one to his critics as well.

In his postgame address behind closed doors in the locker room to the players recorded by cameras for Showtime’s “Inside the NFL,” Coughlin praised the Giants and attacked those who thought anything less of the team’s 10-6 postseason-less finish.

“Outstanding,” Coughlin said after the 17-14 win over the Redskins. “Outstanding finish to the ball game. We did our part, OK? That’s all I can ask you to do. Hey, from the bottom of my heart and everybody’s, we have a 10-6 season! A 10-win season in the NFL, OK? And they can kiss my a$$, OK? They can line up and kiss my a$$. It’s not an easy thing to do.”

A player is then heard saying, “Can we quote you on that, coach?”

Coughlin replied, “You can quote me on a lot more than that. The priest is here or I’d say a few more things.”

In the last three weeks, the Giants wasted opportunities to make the postseason. They squandered a chance to potentially win the NFC East with their 38-31 collapse to the Eagles. The following week, they were crushed 45-17 in Green Bay with a chance to clinch a playoff berth outright.

They closed out the season with a win but failed to make the playoffs when the Packers beat the Bears and secured the final NFC playoff spot.

Following the win, Giants ownership immediately announced that Coughlin would return as head coach, putting an end to speculation over the head coach’s job status. Ownership said it will sit down with Coughlin to discuss his contract, which has one season remaining on it.

Awesome. My respect for Tom Coughlin continues to go up. I wish he went Earl Weaver on the media and just cursed up a storm...but jah knows there would be so many f8ckin tears amongst those twats that there's no way he'd have a job...so many little girly remarks would be written about him in the papers about how much of a meany poo old man he is.

Anyway, can vultures kiss?

This is what I mean with Earl Weaver btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YKxf3OkpJc

We will never see men like this anymore because men are in the process of being deballed.

I agree with Coughlin. The Giants were, at times, the best team in the NFC this season. They won 10 games and just missed the playoffs. Not bad for a "down" year. The number of coaches that can't coach who have jobs in the NFL is enough that no one should be criticizing a guy with 10 wins. If the Giants fired him, he would have another job by nightfall.

I agree with Coughlin. The Giants were, at times, the best team in the NFC this season. They won 10 games and just missed the playoffs. Not bad for a "down" year. The number of coaches that can't coach who have jobs in the NFL is enough that no one should be criticizing a guy with 10 wins. If the Giants fired him, he would have another job by nightfall.

Yep. Expect the Giants to be scary good next year. 12+ wins with top ranked offenses and defenses...They got lucky with fumble recoveries this year, but they also were terribly unlucky with their own turnovers this season.

Lost all respect for that **** when he threw his rookie punter under the bus after the Philly game.

That was really dick. The entire team squandered a 21-point lead with 8 minutes left and lost. That they lost in regulation doesn't even matter. The way they looked they weren't scoring on offense and weren't stopping Philly from scoring on defense.

So what does this tool do? Gets up there and proclaims that he's taking responsibility and then calls out a rookie punter making a rookie mistake. When that happens with a rookie then blame the coaches not the rookie player. It's the coaches' jobs to make sure he's seen the situation - that includes bad snaps - so he knows what to do (namely, under no circumstance is he to punt the ball in bounds). So the kid panicked and choked like rookies do.

What about his team of veterans that scored 0 on offense while surrendering 21 on defense? If they'd managed to get 2 more first downs Philadelphia wouldn't have had the time to score 21 points in 10 minutes or whatever it was (not even counting the punt return TD). And just because a punt is fielded, it doesn't mean everyone else is absolved from tackling the guy. Does Jackson return punts for TD's 50% of the time or something like it's so automatic? Just tackle him and it's a non-factor.

Bad coaching.

Bad offense.

Bad defense.

Bad special teams long-snapping, onside kick fielding, and punt coverage/tackling.

And given all that went wrong, this veteran coach blames a rookie punter for the entire loss in a press conference. I don't have any respect for a leader who throws his underlings under the bus in such a gutless, cowardly fashion.

That was really dick. The entire team squandered a 21-point lead with 8 minutes left and lost. That they lost in regulation doesn't even matter. The way they looked they weren't scoring on offense and weren't stopping Philly from scoring on defense.

So what does this tool do? Gets up there and proclaims that he's taking responsibility and then calls out a rookie punter making a rookie mistake. When that happens with a rookie then blame the coaches not the rookie player. It's the coaches' jobs to make sure he's seen the situation - that includes bad snaps - so he knows what to do (namely, under no circumstance is he to punt the ball in bounds). So the kid panicked and choked like rookies do.

What about his team of veterans that scored 0 on offense while surrendering 21 on defense? If they'd managed to get 2 more first downs Philadelphia wouldn't have had the time to score 21 points in 10 minutes or whatever it was (not even counting the punt return TD). And just because a punt is fielded, it doesn't mean everyone else is absolved from tackling the guy. Does Jackson return punts for TD's 50% of the time or something like it's so automatic? Just tackle him and it's a non-factor.

Bad coaching.

Bad offense.

Bad defense.

Bad special teams long-snapping, onside kick fielding, and punt coverage/tackling.

And given all that went wrong, this veteran coach blames a rookie punter for the entire loss in a press conference. I don't have any respect for a leader who throws his underlings under the bus in such a gutless, cowardly fashion.

Kinda what the NYJ did to Alosi no?

Kinda what the NYJ did to Alosi no?

The Jets told Alosi to trip the guy? I doubt it. I'm 100% sure the forming of the wall was planned, but Rex doesn't seem the type to tell Alosi - directly, or through someone else - to trip a player running full-speed. Then they (ok, Westhoff) defended the forming of the wall by pointing to others, for which the franchise got a nice little fine.

So no, I don't think it's the same thing. Besides, by preemptively taking care of it in-house, the Jets may have saved Alosi from a multi-year or even a lifetime ban from the league.

Coughlin wasn't even asked a question about his punter. He just came right out and offered up names of people who screwed up - one in particular - as shark bait to absolve himself from the brunt of the blame. It's gutless and cowardly, and a leader worthy of respect doesn't do that.

Lost all respect for that **** when he threw his rookie punter under the bus after the Philly game.

You're mad he got mad in the moment when his punter didn't do what he was told to do? It's not like it means he hates the punter. Dodge f*cked up ALOT this year and he's still going to be on the team next year because they think he's that talented. I'm sure they talked it out and Dodge slept better eventually.

We're becoming a country of vaginas, aren't we? A boss can't yell at his employee for making a big mistake in a big moment. What a moment.

You're mad he got mad in the moment when his punter didn't do what he was told to do? It's not like it means he hates the punter. Dodge f*cked up ALOT this year and he's still going to be on the team next year because they think he's that talented. I'm sure they talked it out and Dodge slept better eventually.

We're becoming a country of vaginas, aren't we? A boss can't yell at his employee for making a big mistake in a big moment. What a moment.

You are talking about "in the moment" when he ran out on the field like a ******* douche before Jackson even crossed the goal line. Maybe the "in the moment" where he supposedly kicked Dodge out of the lockerroom. Everybody else is talking about the press conference where he said: "The blame rests with me. The punter is a rookie..."

As for them winning 12+ games, the Giants have won as many as 12 games once under Coughlin and it was when they still had the glow of super bowl champion dragon slayers. They didn't have a bad year and they had some injury problems, but flopping down the stretch has been the norm under Coughlin. After the Eagles game they laid down against the Pack like dogs. They were 5-0 last year before they finished out losing 8 of their last 11 and the last two by a combined 85-16. The year before when they finished 12-4 they finished out losing 3 out of their last 4.

It's cowardly the way he did it. "A boss" doesn't generally get on TV and rip apart a kid in his young 20s, to a reporter who didn't even ask specifically about the punter, and while the kid isn't even in the room. He also indirectly blamed said punter for the loss, as though punting in bounds = losing. What about ripping his own special teams coach - or himself - for not properly coaching on how to cover a punt or how to tackle? What about the other 10 guys on punt coverage who didn't make the tackle.

When there is an entire collapse by the offense and defense and special teams and coaching, calling out one player - a rookie punter - and feeding him to the media is cowardly, and in fact makes Coughlin the vagina of whom you speak.

Blaming Matt Dodge? He sucks but I've been laughing at him since week one. I don't blame him for the 16 weeks of enjoyment I took out of him killing the.Giants. He either really is just awful or couldn't be coached so they should have got another punter. Even if Matt Dodge was intentionally trying to kill the Giants by letting Jackson return a punt(and what are the odds he brings it back) but what happened to both the D and O the last 8 min, Dodge had nothing to do with.that. I know he wasn't the one that decided not to bring out the hands team on that onside kick. Coughlin acted like a chump blaming a punter.

You are talking about "in the moment" when he ran out on the field like a ******* douche before Jackson even crossed the goal line. Maybe the "in the moment" where he supposedly kicked Dodge out of the lockerroom. Everybody else is talking about the press conference where he said: "The blame rests with me. The punter is a rookie..."

As for them winning 12+ games, the Giants have won as many as 12 games once under Coughlin and it was when they still had the glow of super bowl champion dragon slayers. They didn't have a bad year and they had some injury problems, but flopping down the stretch has been the norm under Coughlin. After the Eagles game they laid down against the Pack like dogs. They were 5-0 last year before they finished out losing 8 of their last 11 and the last two by a combined 85-16. The year before when they finished 12-4 they finished out losing 3 out of their last 4.

Which is...bad? And what coach wouldn't be pissed? He just watched his very good team blow a 21 point lead in 8 minutes with first place on the line! D'you guys realize how many chances they gave Dodge this year? Or that despite the cruel tongue lashing that he'll probably still be there next year? I still think we're turning into a bunch of talking vaginas with the twist of possibly having penises.

Eh...as far as the psychology of that team I think they just had a bad year...Phillips wasn't the dynamic safety they thought he was...their best D was a 3 safety D because their LBs suck...Manning had his worst INT season in years...otherwise I still think they're one of the more properly built and talented teams in this league with most of their best talent just entering the prime years...collapses has been normal under Coughlin, but so has winning and I expect a big year from that team next year. If they made the playoffs this year I'd be picking them as my NFC SB rep.

So Coughlin can make a bold statement and not get vilified but Rex is under the microscope for all he says- pay back for Coughlin to take some heat.

Coughlin "Kiss my a$$"

Ryan "Kiss my wifes a$$"

FWIW, Id bet Coughlin wishes he hadnt called out Dodge on TV but the fact remains that he did and maybe the kid becomes a better player from it.

I remember Parcells yelling at guys even pushing guys once or twice.

Shoot. Woody Hayes would have punched him in the face.

It's cowardly the way he did it. "A boss" doesn't generally get on TV and rip apart a kid in his young 20s, to a reporter who didn't even ask specifically about the punter, and while the kid isn't even in the room. He also indirectly blamed said punter for the loss, as though punting in bounds = losing. What about ripping his own special teams coach - or himself - for not properly coaching on how to cover a punt or how to tackle? What about the other 10 guys on punt coverage who didn't make the tackle.

When there is an entire collapse by the offense and defense and special teams and coaching, calling out one player - a rookie punter - and feeding him to the media is cowardly, and in fact makes Coughlin the vagina of whom you speak.

The kid didn't do what he was told to do despite the fact that he was told to do it. It is not even close to the first time he messed up this season as he's been a season long storyline for the Giants. Coughlin got mad, and he had every right to get mad. It's not that punting in bounds = losing, it's that he was given a job to do, he did not do it (again....again this season), and it cost his team a division game as well as a probable division title. Rookie or not, Dodge ****ed up and Coughlin reacted like men in charge might react back in the days before "self esteem" and all that bullsh*t was self earned and not some right handed down by the outraged masses.

And you're telling me these guys HAVEN'T been coached to tackle a punt returner? What was that their first time or something? Jackson was given the opportunity to blow by everyone, which NO ONE on the Giants coaching staff wanted to give him, and he did what guys with his speed can do. It's not that the Giants COULDN'T tackle him...certainly not because they had no idea how...it's that they DIDN'T. Again, it should never even have come to it because the almighty playcall was for a kick that goes out of bounds, and not to one of the league's fastest, most dangerous, and most explosive players while all the momentum is on his and his team's side.

What's a bigger hallmark of how they view Dodge...the coach yelling at him for f*cking up or the franchise (and same coach) keeping him despite him being a season long issue as a rookie?

Which is...bad? And what coach wouldn't be pissed? He just watched his very good team blow a 21 point lead in 8 minutes with first place on the line! D'you guys realize how many chances they gave Dodge this year? Or that despite the cruel tongue lashing that he'll probably still be there next year? I still think we're turning into a bunch of talking vaginas with the twist of possibly having penises.

Eh...as far as the psychology of that team I think they just had a bad year...Phillips wasn't the dynamic safety they thought he was...their best D was a 3 safety D because their LBs suck...Manning had his worst INT season in years...otherwise I still think they're one of the more properly built and talented teams in this league with most of their best talent just entering the prime years...collapses has been normal under Coughlin, but so has winning and I expect a big year from that team next year. If they made the playoffs this year I'd be picking them as my NFC SB rep.

I would think that a 96 year old man would have time to compose himself and realize that it was all his fault. Show some of the class you've been preaching about. The punter kept the ball in bounds. That is fairly minor if you want to assess blame for that debacle. It would be like John McVay blaming The Fumble on Doug Kotar for not tackling Herm.

I'm not ready to write off Coughlin and the Giants because they have looked pathetic before and come through, including after Jacobs incident and their meltdown against the Titans. OTOH, I don't see this prime talent I think Eli is monumentally overrated. Their O line has been struggling. If they can't put one together they are screwed. They beat the Bears. Did they beat any other decent team? I guess the Seahawks are a playoff team. Cough. Cough.

I would think that a 96 year old man would have time to compose himself and realize that it was all his fault. Show some of the class you've been preaching about. The punter kept the ball in bounds. That is fairly minor if you want to assess blame for that debacle. It would be like John McVay blaming The Fumble on Doug Kotar for not tackling Herm.

I'm not ready to write off Coughlin and the Giants because they have looked pathetic before and come through, including after Jacobs incident and their meltdown against the Titans. OTOH, I don't see this prime talent I think Eli is monumentally overrated. Their O line has been struggling. If they can't put one together they are screwed. They beat the Bears. Did they beat any other decent team? I guess the Seahawks are a playoff team. Cough. Cough.

Except it wasn't, and he's not going to bullsh*t you or himself into believing that what Dodge did was alright.

Also, Coughlin isn't the guy preaching or touting the class of the Giants. Anyway, please stop pretending keeping the ball inbounds was minor...the punter had a job to do, he didn't do it, he had a history of not doing his job this season, and his boss flipped out. It's not woe is Matt Dodge hour...his coach had every single right to be pissed at him. That kick may not have cost them the division, but it sure as f*ck didn't help...and again it was completely the opposite of what he was told to do by his coaches.

The OL needs an overhaul, but you underrate the Eli...and please no "who did they beat?" talk...they beat 10 (or maybe 7-8 w/e division teams) of the teams they played this year, whoever they were...just as the Jets beat 11 or slightly less of the teams they played this year.

The kid didn't do what he was told to do despite the fact that he was told to do it. It is not even close to the first time he messed up this season as he's been a season long storyline for the Giants. Coughlin got mad, and he had every right to get mad. It's not that punting in bounds = losing, it's that he was given a job to do, he did not do it (again....again this season), and it cost his team a division game as well as a probable division title. Rookie or not, Dodge ****ed up and Coughlin reacted like men in charge might react back in the days before "self esteem" and all that bullsh*t was self earned and not some right handed down by the outraged masses.

And you're telling me these guys HAVEN'T been coached to tackle a punt returner? What was that their first time or something? Jackson was given the opportunity to blow by everyone, which NO ONE on the Giants coaching staff wanted to give him, and he did what guys with his speed can do. It's not that the Giants COULDN'T tackle him...certainly not because they had no idea how...it's that they DIDN'T. Again, it should never even have come to it because the almighty playcall was for a kick that goes out of bounds, and not to one of the league's fastest, most dangerous, and most explosive players while all the momentum is on his and his team's side.

What's a bigger hallmark of how they view Dodge...the coach yelling at him for f*cking up or the franchise (and same coach) keeping him despite him being a season long issue as a rookie?

Oh please. It's not like the kid shanked it 11 yards and Philly kicked a FG on first down for the win. His coverage team has to tackle (not to mention expect, and field, an onside kick). His offense has to score a point, or at least run out the clock with the pair of backs they have. The defense has to not give up 3 TD's in under 7 minutes. And this coward goes after a rookie punter who everyone knows can't respond to being singled out the way a veteran could, further kicking a guy when he was down. It wasn't even the chewing him out on the sideline, but to then double down on that by calling one player out to the media when the entire coaching staff, the entire offense, the entire defense, and the entire special teams unit (not just the punter) put on a clinic of how to suck at football and piss away the season.

And it's not even like they had the lead at the time. The way things were going they were going to lose in OT anyway since they couldn't move the ball and couldn't stop the Eagles from moving the ball. But by all means, blame the entire loss - where they got outscored 35-7 in the second half - on a punter for booting it to Philly's 35 with :14 left on the clock after cleanly catching and punting away a bad snap.

That was as much of a team loss as you could imagine. One guy didn't lose that game.

Except it wasn't, and he's not going to bullsh*t you or himself into believing that what Dodge did was alright.

Also, Coughlin isn't the guy preaching or touting the class of the Giants. Anyway, please stop pretending keeping the ball inbounds was minor...the punter had a job to do, he didn't do it, he had a history of not doing his job this season, and his boss flipped out. It's not woe is Matt Dodge hour...his coach had every single right to be pissed at him. That kick may not have cost them the division, but it sure as f*ck didn't help...and again it was completely the opposite of what he was told to do by his coaches.

The OL needs an overhaul, but you underrate the Eli...and please no "who did they beat?" talk...they beat 10 (or maybe 7-8 w/e division teams) of the teams they played this year, whoever they were...just as the Jets beat 11 or slightly less of the teams they played this year.

IT WAS MINOR!

It was a ******* blip. Stop acting like if Dodge had kicked it out of bounds the Giants would have won. They were done. That game was already over. How many points in 8 minutes? That old bitch was just pissed he didn't have a chance to sh*t the bed in OT? That kick didn't help, but they could have one the division simply by not wetting themselves for the 7:58 prior to that punt OR by beating Green Bay, but they might as well have stayed on the bus for that game. Did Dodge give up 45 to the Pack?

Oh and maybe I don't underrate Eli. You are the one acting like all those picks were some kind of anomaly. It's the 2nd time in 4 years he's thrown over 20 picks and statistically this was one of his best seasons. He is what he is, decent and durable. If the line goes downhill he will flounder further IMO. He'll be chuckin' and duckin' off his back foot in no time.

The who did they beat talk was in response to your 12+ wins prediction. They looked like sh*t for much of this season against a fairly weak schedule, so that's a pretty bold statement.

Oh please. It's not like the kid shanked it 11 yards and Philly kicked a FG on first down for the win. His coverage team has to tackle (not to mention expect, and field, an onside kick). His offense has to score a point, or at least run out the clock with the pair of backs they have. The defense has to not give up 3 TD's in under 7 minutes. And this coward goes after a rookie punter who everyone knows can't respond to being singled out the way a veteran could, further kicking a guy when he was down. It wasn't even the chewing him out on the sideline, but to then double down on that by calling one player out to the media when the entire coaching staff, the entire offense, the entire defense, and the entire special teams unit (not just the punter) put on a clinic of how to suck at football and piss away the season.

And it's not even like they had the lead at the time. The way things were going they were going to lose in OT anyway since they couldn't move the ball and couldn't stop the Eagles from moving the ball. But by all means, blame the entire loss - where they got outscored 35-7 in the second half - on a punter for booting it to Philly's 35 with :14 left on the clock after cleanly catching and punting away a bad snap.

That was as much of a team loss as you could imagine. One guy didn't lose that game.

No, but not doing his job and not listening to his coaches certainly made it way more possible.

IT WAS MINOR!

It was a ******* blip. Stop acting like if Dodge had kicked it out of bounds the Giants would have won.

OK...your boss tells you to do something...you do it but not even close to how he wants it and not even close to the end result he was looking for...you going to sit there and explain to him it was minor?

Now throw that situation on top of the fact that you've been one of your bosses most inconsistent employees over the past year...then tell me where Coughlin was wrong.

I'll say it again...we're turning into a nation of vaginas. It's not that Dodge cost the Giants the game...the team blew a 21 point lead in 8 minutes...obviously that wasn't all him...it's that he had ONE job to do to keep that game alive and he did not do it. I like you as a poster a great deal, but minor my nuts...there's nothing minor about not doing what you're paid to do extremely well...you have no right to exonerate the kid of his mistakes just because there's a chance the Giants lose the game anyway whether he keeps it out of bounds or not...that's not the point.

If he kicks it out of bounds maybe that minor punt becomes major...maybe he pins the Eagles back and the Giants D wakes up to get a stop...maybe pinning them back forces Vick to make a bad throw...but giving it to Jackson gave the Eagles a chance to get themselves strong field position late in a tied game with 1st place on the line...as it turns out he gave them more than field position, which is the battle the Giants were trying to win on the punt (and the #1 role of special teams).

No, but not doing his job and not listening to his coaches certainly made it way more possible.

OK...your boss tells you to do something...you do it but not even close to how he wants it and not even close to the end result he was looking for...you going to sit there and explain to him it was minor?

Now throw that situation on top of the fact that you've been one of your bosses most inconsistent employees over the past year...then tell me where Coughlin was wrong.

I'll say it again...we're turning into a nation of vaginas. It's not that Dodge cost the Giants the game...the team blew a 21 point lead in 8 minutes...obviously that wasn't all him...it's that he had ONE job to do to keep that game alive and he did not do it. I like you as a poster a great deal, but minor my nuts...there's nothing minor about not doing what you're paid to do extremely well...you have no right to exonerate the kid of his mistakes just because there's a chance the Giants lose the game anyway whether he keeps it out of bounds or not...that's not the point.

If he kicks it out of bounds maybe that minor punt becomes major...maybe he pins the Eagles back and the Giants D wakes up to get a stop...maybe pinning them back forces Vick to make a bad throw...but giving it to Jackson gave the Eagles a chance to get themselves strong field position late in a tied game with 1st place on the line...as it turns out he gave them more than field position, which is the battle the Giants were trying to win on the punt (and the #1 role of special teams).

No one's arguing that their punter doesn't suck or didn't do a crappy job. But this was one punt and they'd already blown a 21-point lead in 7 minutes. Yet when he came to the podium he points his finger to a punter who doesn't play on offense or defense or the kick return team that failed on the onside kick.

Frankly, Coughlin is the vagina. Only a childish, pussy coward absolves himself and blames others to the media. A man who prides himself on being a leader of 50 players doesn't get up on a podium during his vagina monologue and call out the one player who's on the field less than anyone else. No one does that, and no one did that 50 years ago either. It's classless and small.

No one's arguing that their punter doesn't suck or didn't do a crappy job. But this was one punt and they'd already blown a 21-point lead in 7 minutes. Yet when he came to the podium he points his finger to a punter who doesn't play on offense or defense or the kick return team that failed on the onside kick.

A man who prides himself on being a leader of 50 players doesn't get up on a podium during his vagina monologue and call out the one player who's on the field less than anyone else. No one does that, and no one did that 50 years ago either. It's classless and small.

Except he didn't do that, he said the blame was on him. How is "the blame rests with me. The punter is a rookie..." doing anything harmful to Dodge?

I ask again...you have orders from your boss...you don't complete those orders and in fact do the exact opposite of those orders...the reaction from your boss should be...?

Also, what's more significant, sticking with a rookie punter who was absolutely killing the team or tearing him a new one for his biggest mistake (amongst many)?

Did you watch the game? There was no time left. Not getting the punt blocked was the be all end all of that play. Pinning the Eagles would not have mattered because there were about 8 seconds left. The Giants defense wasn't getting a "stop".

Except he didn't do that, he said the blame was on him. How is "the blame rests with me. The punter is a rookie..." doing anything harmful to Dodge?

He didn't just say the punter was a rookie. He then went on to throw the kid under the bus. Saying "the blame is on me" and then immediately blaming somebody else is the ultimate in lame.

He didn't just say the punter was a rookie. He then went on to throw the kid under the bus. Saying "the blame is on me" and then immediately blaming somebody else is the ultimate in lame.

Nah, changed the channel for the Jets game plus I think I was actually toking with some peoples that week...watched all but those 8 minutes...But that's even MORE reason to do as he was told and kick it out of bounds.

What exactly did he say to blame the kid? Did he say "this loss is on that f*ckin punter?" or anything direct like that? Or is this just what you're reading into it? What was the question that was asked to get him to mention the rookie anyway? I have alot of trouble believing this story the way you're telling it right now....I went google searching for this stuff and I'm not finding nothin.

When they had the lead @ 24-3, they kept panning to the sideline and you would see the entire team hamming it up like they won the game. I literally turned to a friend of mine and said to him "one of these days the Giants are gonna blow a game thinking they have it won early in the 3rd Q". They have a habit of not only blowing early division leads, but early games leads as well. When Manningham fumbled and PHI scored I literally told my friend the Giants would lose. I knew it was coming. Definitely not in the fashion it did, but it was coming. The Giants are notorious for playing half a game, half a season, etc... That falls directly on the coach.

When they had the lead @ 24-3, they kept panning to the sideline and you would see the entire team hamming it up like they won the game. I literally turned to a friend of mine and said to him "one of these days the Giants are gonna blow a game thinking they have it won early in the 3rd Q". They have a habit of not only blowing early division leads, but early games leads as well. When Manningham fumbled and PHI scored I literally told my friend the Giants would lose. I knew it was coming. Definitely not in the fashion it did, but it was coming. The Giants are notorious for playing half a game, half a season, etc... That falls directly on the coach.

Lol...Didn't see the hamming it up stuff but after it was 31-3 before the Celek score I put it on the about to start Jets game with the line "nobody gives a sh*t about these queerbaby Giants, I bet they blow this."

Who knew right? I didn't think I'd actually be right or I would have kept watching.

Nah, changed the channel for the Jets game plus I think I was actually toking with some peoples that week...watched all but those 8 minutes...But that's even MORE reason to do as he was told and kick it out of bounds.

What exactly did he say to blame the kid? Did he say "this loss is on that f*ckin punter?" or anything direct like that? Or is this just what you're reading into it? What was the question that was asked to get him to mention the rookie anyway? I have alot of trouble believing this story the way you're telling it right now....I went google searching for this stuff and I'm not finding nothin.

As far as I remember it, he wasn't asked anything. He was expected to apologize for running onto the field like a moron after the punter while Jackson was still running the punt back. He walked up to the podium and said "I take full responsibility. The punter is a rookie..." and then did about five minutes on the punter not doing what he was asked and saying he had trouble with the snap and that's not what we told him to do, etc, etc, etc. All of this before he mentioned any of the other moronic plays and coaching decisions that it took to have that disaster.

In that case the #1 job of the punter is to get the ball off. A block, fumble or sack = lost game. A punt with an excellent return = OT. The entire organization sh*tting the bed = what happened.

Archived