F**K the Patriots!

HT2112

Here we go again, another Jets playoff game, another round of experts all saying the Jets will lose. Although, I seem to remember the Jets beating the Patriots this year. The second matchup was a victory, aka SLAUGHTER, for the Patriots, so we are now one for one.

The Jets loss against the Patriots was beyond ugly, there's no denying that. on a side note it also cost me a bet that made me keep the Pats logo as my profile picture on Facebook, as well as a big concession/eat crow speech as my status for an agonizing 24 hrs.. UGH!

On that note here's a few things worth mentioning about that loss:

-Jim Leonhard got hurt late in that week during practice. That was a big hit to us. It took a little while to overcome this loss. Eric Smith, Brodney Poole and Dwight Lowery have all stepped up in recent weeks and filled in nicely.(Poole was great Saturday night)

-That was the first time the Jets faced a Randy Moss free Patriots. The Jets were out game planned, plain and simple. We looked like a bunch of deer caught in headlights!! They had no film on the new offensive formations the Patriots would use. They did not react well. Not going to happen this round! Rex is all over the films from that debacle of a game.

Let's take a look at Tom Brady's numbers this year:

36 TD, 4 INT, 3,900 Yards and he was sacked 25 times. Pretty damn impressive, but In 2007 the year the Patriots were undefeated, Tom Brady had even better numbers: 50 TD, 8 INT, 4,806 Yards and he was only sacked 21 times.

Why mention 2007 you may be wondering? Because the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl that year. Remember Brady snickering at the prediction by Plaxico Burress, as that high powered offense proceeded to put up 14 points against the Giants.

Great defenses have a funny way of leading teams to victories. Has the Jets defense been great this year? No, but they will have a chance to change that verdict on Sunday. Expect Rex Ryan to continue to evolve this defense. Last week against the Colts it was defensive back central!! Vernon Gholston and Joe McKnight were both inactive so they could carry extra DBs. Rex showed a different defense that had more guys in coverage, and safeties deep. Revis was still an "island" but they worked on solving the problem covering receivers in the middle of the field. They dared Peyton to run the ball with the defensive fronts the Jets showed.

What the Jets need to do? here's the wish list:

-On defense, hit the receivers over the middle.Make them pay.

-Play more zone defenses. You aren't going to stop Brady. Use the same mentality they had last week and minimize big plays.

-On offense, make sure Sanchez gets off to a good start. Get him completions early. He has been atrocious in the first half of games at times. Build some confidence.The stress from those throws last week were giving us all heart failure!

-Whatever speech Rex, Schotty or Callahan gave to the Offensive Line at half time last week, give that speech again! It seemed to work wonders for them. The line was extremely dominant in the second half. If the Jets are going to walk away with a win, they will need to run the ball with authority. Rawr! Who's your daddy!!

-PLEASE don't let Santonio return punts.Tell me you weren't scared as the ball rolled through his legs last week? I was screaming at the tv!!

The Jets gave the Patriots half their losses this season. 50% of Tom Brady's interceptions were thrown to the Jets! Yea baby!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Last weeks big Colts win once again hammers home the fact that these are NOT the same old jets...but it IS the same old naysayer Bullsh*t talk again this week.. Blah Blah Blah... tune them all out and have faith my fellow Jets fans...the Jets can and will win this game..

Here we go again, another Jets playoff game, another round of experts all saying the Jets will lose. Although, I seem to remember the Jets beating the Patriots this year. The second matchup was a victory, aka SLAUGHTER, for the Patriots, so we are now one for one.

The Jets loss against the Patriots was beyond ugly, there's no denying that. on a side note it also cost me a bet that made me keep the Pats logo as my profile picture on Facebook, as well as a big concession/eat crow speech as my status for an agonizing 24 hrs.. UGH!

-Jim Leonhard got hurt late in that week during practice. That was a big hit to us. It took a little while to overcome this loss. Eric Smith, Brodney Poole and Dwight Lowery have all stepped up in recent weeks and filled in nicely.(Poole was great Saturday night)

-That was the first time the Jets faced a Randy Moss free Patriots. The Jets were out game planned, plain and simple. We looked like a bunch of deer caught in headlights!! They had no film on the new offensive formations the Patriots would use. They did not react well. Not going to happen this round! Rex is all over the films from that debacle of a game.

36 TD, 4 INT, 3,900 Yards and he was sacked 25 times. Pretty damn impressive, but In 2007 the year the Patriots were undefeated, Tom Brady had even better numbers: 50 TD, 8 INT, 4,806 Yards and he was only sacked 21 times.

Why mention 2007 you may be wondering? Because the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl that year. Remember Brady snickering at the prediction by Plaxico Burress, as that high powered offense proceeded to put up 14 points against the Giants.

Great defenses have a funny way of leading teams to victories. Has the Jets defense been great this year? No, but they will have a chance to change that verdict on Sunday. Expect Rex Ryan to continue to evolve this defense. Last week against the Colts it was defensive back central!! Vernon Gholston and Joe McKnight were both inactive so they could carry extra DBs. Rex showed a different defense that had more guys in coverage, and safeties deep. Revis was still an "island" but they worked on solving the problem covering receivers in the middle of the field. They dared Peyton to run the ball with the defensive fronts the Jets showed.

-Play more zone defenses. You aren't going to stop Brady. Use the same mentality they had last week and minimize big plays.

-On offense, make sure Sanchez gets off to a good start. Get him completions early. He has been atrocious in the first half of games at times. Build some confidence.The stress from those throws last week were giving us all heart failure!

-Whatever speech Rex, Schotty or Callahan gave to the Offensive Line at half time last week, give that speech again! It seemed to work wonders for them. The line was extremely dominant in the second half. If the Jets are going to walk away with a win, they will need to run the ball with authority. Rawr! Who's your daddy!!

-PLEASE don't let Santonio return punts.Tell me you weren't scared as the ball rolled through his legs last week? I was screaming at the tv!!

The Jets gave the Patriots half their losses this season. 50% of Tom Brady's interceptions were thrown to the Jets! Yea baby!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Last weeks big Colts win once again hammers home the fact that these are NOT the same old jets...but it IS the same old naysayer Bullsh*t talk again this week.. Blah Blah Blah... tune them all out and have faith my fellow Jets fans...the Jets canand will win this game..

You have a filthy mouth! You really wrote all that? I'm glad. For a second there I thought you were another 128 alias with better fake pictures!

Last weeks big Colts win once again hammers home the fact that these are NOT the same old jets...but it IS the same old naysayer Bullsh*t talk again this week.. Blah Blah Blah... tune them all out and have faith my fellow Jets fans...the Jets canand will win this game..

Mark Sanchez has played two game in Foxboro. He has thrown 1 TD and 7 INT's.

Mark Sanchez has played two game in Foxboro. He has thrown 1 TD and 7 INT's.

Well there you go. The Jets don't have a chance. Although Sanchez beat the Pats and actually outplayed Brady in the two games the teams have played at the Jets home, your overwelming evidence obviously points out that there is something about Foxboro that Sanchez will never be able to deal with. Could be the smell of clam chowder in the air. Maybe the field is slightly tilted and Brady knows how to adjust. Maybe he sees Barney Frank in the stands and gets freaked out. It must be something about Foxboro.

I love how this week is shaping up

the pats are invincible, the jets can't win, and all the media attention is on what rex is saying

for me, it's perfect

oh, and **** the cheatahs !!!!!

As far as the pats being invincible, all I have to say is ...

18-1

As far as the pats being invincible, all I have to say is ...

18-1

So?

On February 3rd 2002, taunts like that lost all relevance.

Have the Jets ever had an 18-1 stretch in their history? Doubtful.

99% of the Jets' portion of this board have not experienced their team in a Superbowl.

99% percent would gladly take that 18-1 versus never experiencing a Superbowl in their lifetime.

I have experienced 6. Yeah, 18-1 is bringing me to tears. :rolleyes:

So?

99% of the Jets' portion of this board have not experienced their team in a Superbowl.

99% percent would gladly take that 18-1 versus never experiencing a Superbowl in their lifetime.

It would never work for us, we don't like taint.

So?

Ooooh. Did I hit a soft spot? I would love 18-1 unless we were 18-0 and then lose the SB to a 9-7 team. That's the game that counts. Glad you are over it. How much was the therapy?

The Pats are by far the best team in the league and the best franchise in all of sports. They are beyond perfect in every way shape and form. There HC is god's gift to coaching. He invented winning by developing the only successful recipe for winning at the NFL level. Tom Brady is perfect and Wes Welker is the best WR in the league. Danny Woodhead is possibly the best Patriot RB ever. Patriots fans are the greatest fans in the world and they directly impact the outcome of the game. They are the epitome of how a winning fan base should carry themselves.

The Jets should feel fortunate just to even step foot on the same field as the Patriots. Its a privilege.

Ooooh. Did I hit a soft spot? I would love 18-1 unless we were 18-0 and then lose the SB to a 9-7 team. That's the game that counts. Glad you are over it. How much was the therapy?

A free trip to Iraq. It was easy to move on. ;)

Not knowing your age even though given your DMaynard reference I am assuming you have seen the Jets in the Superbowl.

I find it hard to believe a Jet Fan that has never experienced a Superbowl would think the same. Kind of a "it is better to have Love and Lost then to have never loved at all" thing.

As much of a kick in the nuts it was at the time, I remember the that year and 1986 and 1996 as well. The runs to the Superbowl are awesome. Granted, it is better when you win. ;)

Last weeks big Colts win once again hammers home the fact that these are NOT the same old jets...but it IS the same old naysayer Bullshit talk again this week.. Blah Blah Blah... tune them all out and have faith my fellow Jets fans...the Jets can and will win this game..

Really interested to see what the Jets do with Revis and how the Safeties respond this time around. Good point on losing Leonhard so close to the game. That one hurt...

Also anytime you mention the Patriots, please refer to the fact that Bill Belichick stole a million dollars from a dying man back in the day.

The Pats are by far the best team in the league and the best franchise in all of sports. They are beyond perfect in every way shape and form. There HC is god's gift to coaching. He invented winning by developing the only successful recipe for winning at the NFL level. Tom Brady is perfect and Wes Welker is the best WR in the league. Danny Woodhead is possibly the best Patriot RB ever. Patriots fans are the greatest fans in the world and they directly impact the outcome of the game. They are the epitome of how a winning fan base should carry themselves.

The Jets should feel fortunate just to even step foot on the same field as the Patriots. Its a privilege.

I guess my presence on these boards is FINALLY paying dividends.

);p

I guess my presence on these boards is FINALLY paying dividends.

);p

Personally I measure this sites existence in two ways. Before you came here and after you came here. It was lifeless for so long. Thanks for showing us the light. :D

You have a filthy mouth! You really wrote all that? I'm glad. For a second there I thought you were another 128 alias with better fake pictures!

I chose that title with the "F" word with Rex in mine.. he would have said it like that... guess that was missed lol..

:)

I agree here. Jets need more LB action in this one than they had against the Colts. They need big bodies in there, in zone, to matchup with the Pats TE's and beat down Welker and Woodhead.

This is one of my biggest complaints about Schottenheimer. He often seems more intent to fool the opponent than to just get his young QB some easy completions - especially early. To his credit, he called a couple great games against Pittsburgh and Chicago. Hopefully that continues. His MNF game against the Pats was his (along with the rest of the team's) worst. They need the running game and short passing game to keep Brady off the field and produce points this Sunday.

Overall, a good post Helaine. We should date.

Archived