Great article comparing '10 Jets to '86 Mets

jgb

I kind of like the comparison to the U better. Flying around, couldn't care less about unsportsmanlike penalites, an outspoken coach. Just an all around swagger. I love it.

I love it. It's a shame their football team has lulled lately. They'll be back though! They need some more of this attitude!

Awesome article, you've just got to absolutely love this team. I also thought this quote from Trevor Pryce was pretty cool:

"It was out of sight. We did some stuff I’ve never seen a football team do. We flooded coverages, had man schemes that looked like zone, and zone that looked like man. Our first reaction was, ‘How are we gonna do this? How is this gonna work?’ I mean, 14 years in the NFL, and I’d never seen anything like it. Rex came up with some Madden [expletive], like it was a video game."

In the end it just reminds you that despite all of the bravado and antics, Ryan REALLY knows what he's doing out there.

Awesome article, you've just got to absolutely love this team. I also thought this quote from Trevor Pryce was pretty cool:

In the end it just reminds you that despite all of the bravado and antics, Ryan REALLY knows what he's doing out there.

great point. goes to show you that when people criticized herm for being a "player's coach" they were probably diplomatically saying he's a dummy

Guest Jpf4671

Good read but his facts are defiantly off, he ripped Sanchez for bad qb play,( did this guy watch the game ) and Edwards for dropping passes. Ok whatever, but to say Jesse Orosco was an upstart in 86???? Sorry gotta call b.s. On that one.

It is certainly a compliment for this group of Jets to be compared to probably the greatest team in NY sports history.

:rl:

The 86 Mets were very lucky to squeak past the astros and the Red sox. if that idiot stanley doesnt throw that wild pitch the game is over. Buckner would have been holding the runner on and mookies ball was a harmless dribbler to first base.

To call the 86 Mets the greatest team in ny sports history is laughable. try the 98 Yankees ;) to win 3 world series in a row and go to a 4th in the new format will probably never ever be done again. it's so much harder now a days to just win a world series (like your heroes from 86 just barely did in the old format). I doubt that 86 Mets team would have even made it past the nlcs in todays playoff format.

But then again every time I see a ''Mets classic'' on sny its always a 1986 highlight reel, so I can see why you adore them. :lol: and the video from 69 is still too grainy.

I dont think there is a better game planner in the league. And I'm being honest. The sh*t this dude has done over the last 2 weeks is nothing short of genius. Completely outcoaching BB. Out witting Mannign and Brady. That sh*t doesnt happen.

Dude is good. Real good. It makes me think back to what Suggs said mid week...Can the Jets beat the Patriots? "Absolutely, they have Rex Ryan."

:rl:

The 86 Mets were very lucky to squeak past the astros and the Red sox. if that idiot stanley doesnt throw that wild pitch the game is over. Buckner would have been holding the runner on and mookies ball was a harmless dribbler to first base.

To call the 86 Mets the greatest team in ny sports history is laughable. try the 98 Yankees ;) to win 3 world series in a row and go to a 4th in the new format will probably never ever be done again. it's so much harder now a days to just win a world series (like your heroes from 86 just barely did in the old format). I doubt that 86 Mets team would have even made it past the nlcs in todays playoff format.

But then again every time I see a ''Mets classic'' on sny its always a 1986 highlight reel, so I can see why you adore them. :lol: and the video from 69 is still too grainy.

Did you just suddenly lose a sense of humor.

Did you just suddenly start reading JetNation?

I find it best not to read Jetnation...but to post witout any knowledge of facts, prior posts, or any valid opinions. I think I speak for most here when I say that this is the best method of communication, here and everywhere else. Please get with the program, my friend. Being informed is so 2005.

Archived