Bob Sanders released by Colts

Matt39

Sanders is an amazing talent. He is ALWAYS hurt though. How many games has he missed in the past few years?

Agreed he did sit most of the year and could be well rested added to the right conditioning program we might be able to resurrect his career. Hes similiar to Ed Reed. I really see the NYJETS interested in him for the right price.

Sanders is an amazing talent. He is ALWAYS hurt though. How many games has he missed in the past few years?

The better question would be how many games has he actually played in the last few years? The answer is 9. Bob Sanders has only played nine games in the last three seasons. He has missed 39 games over that span.

He has never played a full 16 game schedule in 7 years in the NFL. He's only played more than 6 games twice - 14 in 2005 and 15 in 2007.

With that being said. He's worth taking a flier on because he is low risk/high reward at this point in his career. He can't possibly command a large salary due to his injury history but if he can stay healthy - HOLY CRAP!! The dude is a monster player.

Rex Ryan has always wanted Ed Reed as his Safety here in NY Bob Sanders is the next best thing.

The next best thing has played 9 games in the last 3 seasons. Bringing him to the Jets would be stupid. Rex Ryan isn't stupid.

The next best thing has played 9 games in the last 3 seasons. Bringing him to the Jets would be stupid. Rex Ryan isn't stupid.

He would have to pass a physical first and foremost. This guy healthy is a beast. He barel played last season. We should at least see what hes got and at what price. B. Poole was too often injured we gave him a shot here and it worked out ok. Wheres all those E.Smith, B Poole haters now? Geez

The NYJETS regardless of their appearance in the AFC Championship game have some glaring needs and alot of free agents. A guy like Bob Sanders could be that hard hitting defensive safety team leader this defense needs. Rex will leave no stones unturned this off season when looking to improve.

The NYJETS regardless of their appearance in the AFC Championship game have some glaring needs and alot of free agents. A guy like Bob Sanders could be that hard hitting defensive safety team leader this defense needs. Rex will leave no stones unturned this off season when looking to improve.

That trade on Madden worked out well for you, did it?

Actually this would be a smart signing if you ask me. Especially since he would NOT COST ANY DRAFT PICKS. Wouldn't be expensive. And if he gets hurt before final cutdown at training camp, we simply cut him. There is no risk that I can see. And, have I mentioned, HE WONT COST ANY DRAFT PICKS.

Agreed and repped.

Archived