Bob Sanders - set to sign with the Chargers...

yankees2022

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIGN THIS BEAST

Former Colts safety Bob Sanders visiting Jets, according to report

Published: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 10:15 AM Updated: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 11:09 AM

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Follow

Thomas Campbell/US PresswireFormer Colts safety Bob Sanders was the AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2007 but has been plagued by injuries the past three seasons.

Former Colts safety Bob Sanders, who was released last month, is visiting the Jets today, according to a report by ESPN.

Since his release, Sanders also visited Jacksonville and Buffalo. The 30-year old was a two-time All-Pro selection with the Colts and the 2007 AP Defensive Player of the Year. But he has been oft-injured since signing a five-year, $37.5 million contract at the end of the 2007 season, playing just nine regular-season games over the past three seasons.

The Jets have a need at the safety position. Jim Leonhard is on his way back from a fractured tibia sustained in practice in December, and Eric Smith, Brodney Pool and James Ihedigbo will be free agents. Smith and Ihedigbo received restricted free agent tenders from the Jets Tuesday, but they may be unrestricted free agents under a new collective bargaining agreement.

The Jets also have Dwight Lowery, a cornerback/safety hybrid, under contract.

It amazes me the bitching moaning and groaning that goes on when the NYJETS try to improve the team. Its the same people who also complain about the current players in those positions. If Bob Sanders can get healthy and stay healthy he could help this team immensely.

It amazes me the bitching moaning and groaning that goes on when the NYJETS try to improve the team. Its the same people who also complain about the current players in those positions. If Bob Sanders can get healthy and stay healthy he could help this team immensely.

Exactly.

That's a big IF. If he signs, I hope they give him an incentive based contract because you don't wanna sign a FA to big money just for him to go down with an injury a couple of weeks into the season like Jenkins.

It's because everyone thinks they can run a team better than the people actually running the team. I blame it on Madden and his damn football game.

One thing Rex has done is make us more attractive to play for to most players-that I give him credit for.

Exactly and this will give us leverage with players like Bob Sanders. He knows this team is hungry and built to win. What player wouldnt want to be part of that? Get him here and get him healthy and we have a dominating hard hitting Safety.

**NFL BREAKING NEWS**Source: After meeting with FA Safety Bob Sanders the Jets will make an offer (If he passes Physical) Rex likes him alot

-IncarceratedBob's twitter

there goes Incarcerated Bob throwing crap up at the wall again on Twitter hoping something sticks

there goes Incarcerated Bob throwing crap up at the wall again on Twitter hoping something sticks

It's brilliantly phrased though. The pending offer is conditional and dependent on Rex's approval. If there's no offer/signing, Bob can make it out to be that Rex didn't sign off...because there's no way Rex is going to release a statement revealing his feelings towards Sanders. Looks like some got himself his GED while in the pen.

All kidding aside, if the contracts are going to be fairly similar from most of his suitors, a team that's made it within one game of the superbowl the last two years and is run by a coach that is widely loved and respected as a defensive genius, i can definitely see Sanders signing here. 100% boom or bust, but if we hit with this one, it'll pay off ten fold.

Imminent Wes Welker trade!

Braylon Edwards to be cut by Tuesday!

Revis out for season (after week 1 2010)!

Jets to get Haynesworth in 3-way deal with 'skins getting Vincent Jackson!

G.O.B. likes girls!

Max will run a 5K race!

#27TheDominator will get a JN calendar magnet!

Archived