Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

We get the most information from lynching Naeann, right? That way we find out if she actually had an investigation on DPR at all, and we'll know what her result was at least ...

I'm a little curious why she didn't make it very clear she had gotten an innocent result on him earlier in the day phase. I think there was one point where she said she was leaning town on him, but she also continued to poke at his reveal and question him as if she was pretty suspicious of him. Perhaps just residual from the previous game, though. Unless "yesterday" means literally yesterday, Sunday, and not yesterday as in the previous day phase.

I'm also a little wary of the self-vote move because if you're still worried about DPR as a potential GF (at least as evidenced by her continued questioning of him), why not vote him instead of yourself?

need to double check vote count before voting ...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he is town, there's always the possibility that we all discuss who he should shoot and decide on another townie. If we're to believe what we've heard so far this game, we've done nothing but accuse townies. I'm very confident that DPR's ability to hunt scum is way off this game (at least). I don't trust him with a gun.

But like I said, I'd switch to you or CTM. Or back to JiF.

I'm not voting Nae. Kill a townie to vet a townie, one with a dangerous power to the town to boot? No thanks.

Do you feel that confident that she's town?

What if I asked nicely for you to put aside differences and really play? We could use your genuine opinion. What do you make of the board right now?

What about the post you quoted doesn't seem like a genuine opinion?

You sure are looking for a bunch of reveals...wonder why, especially with the info potentially on the table. Interesting.

Given CTM's relationship with Pac, his prominence in the opening scene, his pivotal role in derailing DPR's lynch and outing Nae out of nowhere, you don't think he's a good choice to hear from with one reveal left for today?

You outed an investigative role, its what you were looking for when you started the train on her... yeah, she says she only had one investigation, but that is moot. You wanted to find a finder. I'm not talking about it from the position of hindsight - I'm talking about what your agenda was before she revealed.

But keep over-defending and spinning...

Damn....that was a really lame defense. Can somebody please get the shovel out of his hands before he manages to completely bury himself?

I think we need to lynch one of DPR, Nae and slats. They provide the most info imo. I am leaning Nae atm. If she flips innocent it tells us something about DPR. If she flips scum, it implicates slats and DPR imo as slats doesn't want Nae lynched and I don't see Nae going out of her way to derail a lynch on an innocent DPR as scum.

Anyone have an unofficial vote count?

Agreed. I dont really get the hold up. The smart play is to lynch Nae. My pride hurts because shes not scum, but its the smart play. It essentially clears DPR who at the moment has more value. I'm not good with running up another reveal and I dont like how Slats is encouraging that and derailing the lynch. Dont like a lot Slats has been doing this game...but thats besides the point. The smart play is lynch Nae for info.

Bonus if she's bluffing.

Hold on. Nae is suggesting we lynch her, and you think it's a scum move? Really? Noted.

yes.. While slats and ape are demanding people not to vote her.. You really think scum never fake self vote?

She could be exacty what she says but her self vote and then quick unvote don't clear her in my book

Do you feel that confident that she's town?

DPR thinks it would've been a great move from her as scum, but I don't buy it. Without that reveal -really, anything more innocuous- and DPR's the easy lynch today. I also don't think scum is self-voting that quickly.

So yeah, about as confident as I can be at this stage of the game.

We get the most information from lynching Naeann, right? That way we find out if she actually had an investigation on DPR at all, and we'll know what her result was at least ...

I'm a little curious why she didn't make it very clear she had gotten an innocent result on him earlier in the day phase. I think there was one point where she said she was leaning town on him, but she also continued to poke at his reveal and question him as if she was pretty suspicious of him. Perhaps just residual from the previous game, though. Unless "yesterday" means literally yesterday, Sunday, and not yesterday as in the previous day phase.

I'm also a little wary of the self-vote move because if you're still worried about DPR as a potential GF (at least as evidenced by her continued questioning of him), why not vote him instead of yourself?

Agreed, which is why I'm thinking there's an outside chance she's bluffing. If you have a one time reveal and you cleared the hottest topic in the game, you share that ******* information.

This is seriously a no brainer and I'm in awe at how stupid some people are.

DPR thinks it would've been a great move from her as scum, but I don't buy it. Without that reveal -really, anything more innocuous- and DPR's the easy lynch today. I also don't think scum is self-voting that quickly.

So yeah, about as confident as I can be at this stage of the game.

We've seen that plenty of times before ... scum self-votes knowing it'll give people pause to unvote, someone will undoubtedly say "hey now, don't self-vote yourself if you're town," she gets to unvote, etc.

What rings odd to me is she said DPR could still be a GF, she's been poking at him during this day phase, and yet she feels so strongly that he's town that she'd rather self-vote?

yes.. While slats and ape are demanding people not to vote her.. You really think scum never fake self vote?

She could be exacty what she says but her self vote and then quick unvote don't clear her in my book

And like I said, you have a one time investigation and you investigated the topic of conversation...you have to reveal that. Sorry Nae, if you telling the truth...but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

What about the post you quoted doesn't seem like a genuine opinion?

Given CTM's relationship with Pac, his prominence in the opening scene, his pivotal role in derailing DPR's lynch and outing Nae out of nowhere, you don't think he's a good choice to hear from with one reveal left for today?

I guess I'm just not that big a fan of simply running up trains for reveals. I can see the use in certain situations, but this early in a game doesn't strike me as one of them.

Agree completely jif .. Been on phone so haven't been able to look yet but I really don't know why she wouldn't have cleared dpr earlier.. Plus I seem to remember her not trusting him but that could've been day 1 .. When I get home shortly I'll research it

Btw, Ape, CTM may have been pushing against DPR's lynch for a while, but it was Nae's claim that truly derailed it for me. Also, you are saying some silly things right now.

My bad. Next time I will go to my death in total silence instead of sharing info I had. ;)

We've seen that plenty of times before ... scum self-votes knowing it'll give people pause to unvote, someone will undoubtedly say "hey now, don't self-vote yourself if you're town," she gets to unvote, etc.

What rings odd to me is she said DPR could still be a GF, she's been poking at him during this day phase, and yet she feels so strongly that he's town that she'd rather self-vote?

Well, that's what happened to her last game. I wouldn't blame her for being skittish. DPR's evolving reveal continues to reek to high heaven.

Too risky a move for her, IMO. Besides, that's why we lynch her now...

Agree completely jif .. Been on phone so haven't been able to look yet but I really don't know why she wouldn't have cleared dpr earlier.. Plus I seem to remember her not trusting him but that could've been day 1 .. When I get home shortly I'll research it

Last game she was all, "Nope. Try again," etc. to signal that she had an innocent result on someone. All she's done today is one line where she agreed with Verbal that she was leaning town on him, and then questioning DPR's revised reveal as though she didn't trust it. Which is fine, if she's actually thinking he's a GF ... but then don't self-vote.

True. If she is a 1-time investigation, then she should have just blurted it out and not let me, slats and him go at it for a whole 2nd day.

Well, that's what happened to her last game. I wouldn't blame her for being skittish. DPR's evolving reveal continues to reek to high heaven.

You remember the woman that stalked David Letterman, for like, 14 years? She had nothin' on you. Nothin' at all.

The skittishness I understand. What I don't understand is the contradictory move of self-voting. Self-voting only makes sense if you're positive he's town. Which she's clearly not (positive).

Damn....that was a really lame defense. Can somebody please get the shovel out of his hands before he manages to completely bury himself?

What are you talking about "defense?" I've got nothing to defend. I've been saying the same thing about CTM's agenda since he started the train on Naenn. All I did with that post was re-explain it, because he is intentionally mangling my words in hopes that my tendency to repeat myself will drown out the actual points I'm making... so far he's right.

You people need to open your eyes.

At this point, I firmly believe the most logical play is to lynch Nae. If she can somewhat vet DPR (assuming he isn't a GF for purposes of this post), we'd have a confirmed townie with a vig kill. How is this not pro-town?

Hell, we can even assure that he follows the town's lead on his shot, making it a reasonably informed kill.

Please feel free to poke holes in this.

Official Vote Count

Slats (2) - Verb, DPR

AVM (1) - Crusher

JC (1) - Sharrow

DPR (8) - Ape, Smash, JC, TomShane, Slats, JVOR, Vic, Wombat

Nae (6) - CTM, Hess, AVM, JiF, BG, SMC

with 20 maricons alive, it takes 11 to lynch

HAHAHA!!

What do you think of the board right now?

I didn't like the quick Nae train above.

I always feel pretty good about Hess, others are citing concerns about AVM, and I could've put JiF (in fact I did), BG, and SMC on my poo-throwing list before this train developed. If I was looking for scum, I'd start looking there - which is why my vote is currently on CTM.

I guess I'm just not that big a fan of simply running up trains for reveals. I can see the use in certain situations, but this early in a game doesn't strike me as one of them.

I'm a fan. I think the limited reveals hurt the town. I think if we can clear more townies, that will help to win the game in the end - as it will be tough for scum to keep up killing them off if they only have one kill a night and/or miss once in a while.

I don't think they're both scum. Pretty sure of that. That said, I don't think Nae is scum, because why would she put herself on the block like that, and save DPR from a lynch if she were scum? Doesn't make sense. She didn't even have to reveal there, she just had to add her thoughts. So either DPR is a godfather, or both are town. Voting for Nae here is worthless, imo.

What are you talking about "defense?" I've got nothing to defend. I've been saying the same thing about CTM's agenda since he started the train on Naenn. All I did with that post was re-explain it, because he is intentionally mangling my words in hopes that my tendency to repeat myself will drown out the actual points I'm making... so far he's right.

You people need to open your eyes.

Honestly, I think you should follow DPR's advice right now.

Archived