Rex Ryan is a jerk***

joseph montana

I went out and spent an hour running around Barnes and Noble to find this guy's new book, then drive an hour out to the city to see Rex on Centerstage on the Yes network filming. After the show ends I stand right at the door of his Escalade limo, and plead with him to sign it. He ignores me and doesn't even make eye contact with a single person, and actually goes out of his way to walk around to the other side of the limo just to avoid confrontation. I come to find out after Centerstage, he drove out to NJ to go sign copies of his book at a paid book signing. Does this guy really need the extra money? He only cares about fans if they give him their money?? What a d*ck! I'm going to throw the book in the Hudson with the rest of the trash. He ain't no peoples person like he claims. Loves his job, but hates fans? So fake.

It might not be what people want to hear, but his job is to be head coach of the NY Jets, not pander to every fan he sees. Consider that, particularly when in the NY / NJ area, this is a guy who probably gets constant attention and questions and requests every day of his life. For sanity purposes, people like that just have to learn to ignore it and completely phase people out. As far as I'm concerned when you're dealing with any type of celebrity, if they're one of those types that is willing to stop what they're doing for every fan they see that's great, but if they're not then you just have to accept it and move on. These guys are paid to do a job, not spend every waking moment of their lives catering to their fans. sh*t happens, it certainly doesn't make Rex a bad person.

It might not be what people want to hear, but his job is to be head coach of the NY Jets, not pander to every fan he sees. Consider that, particularly when in the NY / NJ area, this is a guy who probably gets constant attention and questions and requests every day of his life. For sanity purposes, people like that just have to learn to ignore it and completely phase people out. As far as I'm concerned when you're dealing with any type of celebrity, if they're one of those types that is willing to stop what they're doing for every fan they see that's great, but if they're not then you just have to accept it and move on. These guys are paid to do a job, not spend every waking moment of their lives catering to their fans. sh*t happens, it certainly doesn't make Rex a bad person.

No it doesn't. But hiring an insane offensive lineman to kick Gholston's a$$ in training camp makes him questionable at the very least. Not that ther's anything wrong with that.:Nuts:

No it doesn't. But hiring an insane offensive lineman to kick Gholston's a$$ in training camp makes him questionable at the very least. Not that ther's anything wrong with that.:Nuts:

If the person in question was anyone but Vernon Gholston I might agree with you, but under the circumstances I see no issue with it. :-P

There is a time and place for everything. So Rex isn't aloud to have a personal life ?

a personal life? he was going to sign the same book i had in my hand but somewhere else and for $$. how is that a personal life? Thats him squeezing dollars out of his fans who already pay a fortune to watch the games.

I went out and spent an hour running around Barnes and Noble to find this guy's new book, then drive an hour out to the city to see Rex on Centerstage on the Yes network filming. After the show ends I stand right at the door of his Escalade limo, and plead with him to sign it. He ignores me and doesn't even make eye contact with a single person, and actually goes out of his way to walk around to the other side of the limo just to avoid confrontation. I come to find out after Centerstage, he drove out to NJ to go sign copies of his book at a paid book signing. Does this guy really need the extra money? He only cares about fans if they give him their money?? What a d*ck! I'm going to throw the book in the Hudson with the rest of the trash. He ain't no peoples person like he claims. Loves his job, but hates fans? So fake.

Honestly dude, what do you think it looks like to him (or any celebrity) when a guy shows up outside a studio he is filming at camping out next to the limo with items looking for an autograph? You look like one of those jerkoffs who go around hounding people for autographs just to sell them on ebay or whatever. Celebrities get it all the time. I was with a semi famous person at Sirius radio and when we walked out after the show their was a handful of these douches there. I bet that if you were a kid, or brought your kid, he would have signed it.

And seriously, who needs to spend hours running around to grab a book and drive into the city in search of an autograph?

a personal life? he was going to sign the same book i had in my hand but somewhere else and for $$. how is that a personal life? Thats him squeezing dollars out of his fans who already pay a fortune to watch the games.

Are you actually a jets fan? Between the username and the fact that you created an account here just to b##ch about this, it looks suspect.

a personal life? he was going to sign the same book i had in my hand but somewhere else and for $. how is that a personal life? Thats him squeezing dollars out of his fans who already pay a fortune to watch the games.

Yeah Okay. Love big Rex but it does seem like a dooshie move. Maybe he has carpal tunnel. Very painful writing free autographs with such a malady. Cash is a great anti-inflamatory. Also works as an aphrodesiac for foot-hookers.

I assume that being a celebrity is not easy. I assume it can suck sometimes. Especially when you are trying to get in your car, catch a movie, eat dinner at a restaurant, shop at a mall. The thing is, if he were to stop and sign this book, a slew of other autograph seekers would rush the Limo and ask for the same. The floodgates open. His schedule is messed up. Sorry, but that's just the way it goes. He's working.

Unless your an 8 YO kid, he doesn't owe you crap. In view of the way you are reacting I guess you are probably an 8 YO so maybe you have a bitch

You look like one of those jerkoffs who go around hounding people for autographs just to sell them on ebay or whatever.

When I was in Cleveland for the game last year, these jerkoffs were across the street from the hotel the Jets were staying in with boxes of sh*t waiting for players to come out! I can see why folks would use some discretion, especially if he were in a hurry.

When I was in Cleveland for the game last year, these jerkoffs were across the street from the hotel the Jets were staying in with boxes of sh*t waiting for players to come out! I can see why folks would use some discretion, especially if he were in a hurry.

Who wouldn't you try to avoid someone carrying a box of sh*t?

I call BS on this troll post. Rex has always been great with fans, but if he's on a tight schedule, he doesn't have time to stop and sign every single book, especially when they don't even go to the official signing. He's not going to just cater to the dude that stands next to his limo like a jackass acting like he owes you something. You want your book signed, go to an actual book signing or meet and greet. Don't stalk him in the streets like some paparazzi punk.

Stop bitching, do you think people want to be hounded all the damn time for autographs? I would think that is an annoying side effect of being a star, sometimes you wanna be left the fck alone! Someone throw this guy a super absorbent tampon for his ailing vagina.

Jerkoffs carrying boxes of sh*t.

this visual just trumped the snake-eating centipede in the visuals I'd rather forget category.

I was behind a guy at JETS training camp years ago at the Modells tent in line for a Greg Buttle signing, he had boxes of stuff. When it was his turn he put down at least 8 cards. GB said pick 2 and the guy became angry and billigerant. GB signed 2 cards and bent the corners. I laughed and said nice job.

I've never understood the whole autograph-as-memento thing. A lock of hair? Sure. A bicuspid? Absolutely. But an autograph? Where's the intimacy?

Personally i like to keep semen filled condoms from my favorite athletes in my basement freezer. They're a whole lot more personal.

Archived