The Burress Thread- Merged 3X

nj meadowlands

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

#Jets are "expected to make big pitch" for Plaxico Burress, according to @EdBouchette. #nyj

BobGlauber Bob Glauber

RT @EdBouchette: jets expected to make big pitch for Plaxico. He's unlikely to re-sign w/giants sources say so it's Jets vs #steelers

judybattista Judy Battista

RT @EdBouchette: #jets expected to make big pitch for Plaxico. unlikely to re-sign w #giants sources say so iit's Jets vs #steelers again.

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

RT @EdBouchette: jets expected to make big pitch for Plaxico. He's unlikely to re-sign w giants sources say so it's Jets vs steelers again.

Per Manish Mentah

I can confirm @EdBouchette's report #Jets are interested in Plaxico Burress. #NYJ had internal discussions about him yesterday.

web • 7/30/11 12:04 PM

Looks like Plax unless he is using us to up Steelers offer, Giants are out.

both Buress and Floyd would be an upgrade over Braylon and not as much money so we can also sign a CB and another TE and maybe even another OLBer-which is what I've wanted all along instead of Asomugha

You're clinically insane if you think Burress and Floyd are better than Braylon Edwards

both Buress and Floyd would be an upgrade over Braylon and not as much money so we can also sign a CB and another TE and maybe even another OLBer-which is what I've wanted all along instead of Asomugha

Have you seen the list of free agent LBs? Hate to say it but Channing Crowder moves to the front of the line.

Phillip Buchanon looks to be on the verge of signing.

Are u happy with Revis, Wilson, Buchanon, Strickland, Cole at CB. I can live with it.

And if Plax comes on the cheap we still need a FS, think Rex and Tanny have something up there sleeve with the extra cash? Or maybe Cullen Jenkins?

LMAO@ this sh!t. Tanny & Rex are really sh*tting the bed right now. Let's sign a dude who is fresh out of having his a$$hole taken daily by his prison husband; a guy who hasnt played a down of football in 2 years over a guy we already have who is waiting to be had, who already knows the system. Plaxico is in no way an upgrade of BE17.

A 33 year old criminal who hasn't played in 2 years. I can't see where this could possibly go wrong.

how can the risk be any higher than what we would have to pay Braylon with 2 strikes against him now. Burress has a clean slate-he's paid his debt and will be hungry to make good

Are u happy with Revis, Wilson, Buchanon, Strickland, Cole at CB. I can live with it.

And if Plax comes on the cheap we still need a FS, think Rex and Tanny have something up there sleeve with the extra cash? Or maybe Cullen Jenkins?

I don't think there is extra cash.. I think they will accelerate some cap hits to boost up to the # this year in order to help for future years... having Cap$ doesnt mean they will use it on a new player.

No way in hell. Who plays opposite Revis? This team is weaker than the team that made it the AFC Championship game last season.

No way in hell. Who plays opposite Revis? This team is weaker than the team that made it the AFC Championship game last season.

I strongly disagree with you on Wilson, let's leave it at that, and I think we will find out who is right, let's just hope it's me cause if he is #2 were both Jets fans and want to see them succeed.

On Cromartie I think the Jets feel they got played by his and Aso's agents (they did IMO) and are gonna move on, also his price tag for the Jets is much higher now.

I strongly disagree with you on Wilson, let's leave it at that, and I think we will find out who is right, let's just hope it's me cause if he is #2 were both Jets fans and want to see them succeed.

On Cromartie I think the Jets feel they got played by his and Aso's agents (they did IMO) and are gonna move on, also his price tag for the Jets is much higher now.

+1

Excellent point. All trust is gone there. Same agent for Braylon, too.

I know alot of people hate this guy and yes he is wrong most of the time but for what its worth incarcerated bob is "reporting" that Burress agreed to terms with Jets

Enough with analyrapedbob, ever here the expression "don't feed the animals"

On Plaxico, I remember hearing that he never studied the play book and had to be told his route on the play in the huddle, anyone else hear this, and if it's true I want nothing to do with him.

Yes.

He also missed/fell asleep in meetings and pretty much relied on raw talent to succeed...

On Plaxico, I remember hearing that he never studied the play book and had to be told his route on the play in the huddle, anyone else hear this, and if it's true I want nothing to do with him.

But he actually made Eli Manning look good for a year or two.

He's worth it just for his upside alone. If we're not going after Braylon, then I prefer giving it a shot with Burress than these other guys.

But he actually made Eli Manning look good for a year or two.

He's worth it just for his upside alone. If we're not going after Braylon, then I prefer giving it a shot with Burress than these other guys.

Is Burress in any kind of playing shape? There isnt all that much time.

Archived