Osi Available (For 2nd Round Pick?) - MERGED

visajets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presuming the NYJETS win the Super Bowl this season. That pick would be #32. Id take a chance on Osi for it this guy is a pass rushing demon regardless if its a 4-3 or 3-4. Come on guys this isnt Vernon Gholston.

Considering the system we already have in place, I think it makes little sense to waste a 1st round pick and a big contract for a player who doesn't fit the system and we would have to adjust the system around him then. (If he really doesn't make the conversion)

You better get used to moves like these when Visa and Smash are running the team next season.

Let me tell you something. Rex wants a pass rusher. Based on the market id be certain they will give Osi a look or two. Heres a guy who can walk in and instantly upgrade this defense regardless if its 3-4. This defense strives for a legitimate pass rusher. Osi is that man. TRADE FOR THIS BEAST

A first? Ha. **** them.

A 3-4 DE that the Giants weren't so high on that is shooting his way out of town? I'd offer a 5th. He's going to need a contract. Nice to have, but a luxury and I don't think the Giants liked the way he played the run. That means Rex would hate it. Redskins were demanding a 1st for Haynesworth too.

A first? Ha. **** them.

A 3-4 DE that the Giants weren't so high on that is shooting his way out of town? I'd offer a 5th. He's going to need a contract. Nice to have, but a luxury and I don't think the Giants liked the way he played the run. That means Rex would hate it. Redskins were demanding a 1st for Haynesworth too.

I disagree. How many pass rushing DEs are available as we speak?

What other legitimate pass rusher is available to the NYJETS as we speak? Everyones been crying for this team to get a pass rusher. The JT experiment failed miserably. You want a guy who will bring the heat to Manning, Brady and Big Ben look no further. We are in the win now mode.

I've been saying for the past week in other threads that the Jets should inquire about Osi.

The guy is a tremendous pass rusher and can play OLB in the 34 and come up to the line on Rex's 4 and 5 man fronts.

The question is at what price?

He's under contract for 2 more years and he's slated to make $3.1M this year, and $3.975M next year, after which point he beccomes an unrestricted FA.

However, he's probably going to want to rework his deal, which is why he's unhappy now with the G-men.

I think a #1 is high for a guy who has had a history of being a malcontent and could "holdout" in any given year.

I think a #2 is reasonable.

That said, I would not spend $10M a year on him in a renegiotated deal.

Presuming the NYJETS win the Super Bowl this season. That pick would be #32. Id take a chance on Osi for it this guy is a pass rushing demon regardless if its a 4-3 or 3-4. Come on guys this isnt Vernon Gholston.

SuperBowl? What happened to the guy that wanted a detailed account of the teams that have lost more than the Jets have lost, even though at the point you asked the only guy we'd lost was Brad Smith...?

I disagree. How many pass rushing DEs are available as we speak?

Man, just stop it. The Jets are not giving up a first round pick for a 30 year-old 4-3-only DE who wants $10M/year so he can be converted into an OLB who is used only as a situational pass-rusher.

Stop infecting the board with your idiocy. Improve or I will have BP sit on your face a week after he ran out of toilet paper. Or ban you. One of those two things.

SuperBowl? What happened to the guy that wanted a detailed account of the teams that have lost more than the Jets have lost, even though at the point you asked the only guy we'd lost was Brad Smith...?

I still ask that question and since then ive been given answers in the form of Plax and Cro. Next question?

Man, just stop it. The Jets are not giving up a first round pick for a 30 year-old 4-3-only DE who wants $10M/year so he can be converted into an OLB who is used only as a situational pass-rusher.

Stop infecting the board with your idiocy. Improve or I will have BP sit on your face a week after he ran out of toilet paper. Or ban you. One of those two things.

Why are you spoiling the fun?

What other legitimate pass rusher is available to the NYJETS as we speak? Everyones been crying for this team to get a pass rusher. The JT experiment failed miserably. You want a guy who will bring the heat to Manning, Brady and Big Ben look no further. We are in the win now mode.

Not everyone. I am not even slightly concerned about the lack of a pure pass rusher.

For the record I also don't believe that Jason Taylor failed miserably. I think they had to use him more than they'd have liked, but they just want a 3rd down guy. A luxury. Not a first rounder and a huge contract.

Archived