Jets back to talking with Braylon?

MarylandJetsFan

Alot of crow to go around once this happens!

Yeah, I'm sure the people who advocated not over-paying Braylon will be lining up to eat their words.

Last I saw he went from asking for 5 years / 50 million to 5 years / 25 million, then I saw something about a 1 year "prove it" deal. The longer the Jets ignore him, the cheaper he gets.

I hate being wrong.

This has to be for low money also, he got in trouble with the law at a bar being with his friends, he didnt do anything but he was still with them. Plus if this is true and we sign him i'd feel great, hes an awesome run blocker.

Remember the movie "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind"???

I'm hoping for the sake of JN folks that they can actually find doctors to erase memories because when Braylon is bye bye for good...we're going to have some heart broken bitches around here.

Seriously. I like Braylon Edwards as much as the next Jets fan but its not like we're losing Wesley Walker, Al Toon or Don Maynard in their prime here guys. :rolleyes:

Remember the movie "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind"???

I'm hoping for the sake of JN folks that they can actually find doctors to erase memories because when Braylon is bye bye for good...we're going to have some heart broken bitches around here.

Only for a little while. Then people will grow to love Plaxico. Then we won't re-sign him and people will bitch again.

He is unsigned due to money not due to not finding a happy spot. This is arguably the last place that will help him bring up his dollars after a 1-2 year deal. We're not a pass-first team and he'd be joining a crowded group of receivers.

For 1 year he should be someplace like Arizona who has 1 other guy and nothing else whatsoever, plus a crappy defense that will keep the team in pass-pass-pass mode every week.

Edwards is not a good fit here.

Even as a run first offense, Sanchez in his second year averaged I believe 30 passes a game, which is a decent amount. Braylon also placed in the top 20 of WRs. Assuming further improvement and a bigger commitment to the pass this year, as the CS is saying there will be, if he can crack top 10 statistically he will get a nice contract next year.

Provided he doesn't get thrown in jail at any rate, which he seems to be getting closer and closer to doing.

http://deadspin.com/5827404/

Braylon Edwards May Have Started The Nightclub Brawl He Allegedly Wasn’t Involved In

We told you yesterday about free agent wide receiver Braylon Edwards' most recent legal trouble—according to My Fox Detroit, Edwards was on the periphery of a brawl that broke out at a nightclub in Birmingham, Michigan.

Turns out Edwards wasn't on the periphery: He was the instigator.

"If it wasn't for Braylon and his ego, this whole situation never would have happened," a source who was present tells us.

The Observer and Eccentric reports today that "Edwards was more involved in the incident than originally reported," although no charges have been filed against Braylon. Here's more on that involvement.

According to our South Bar source, a bus boy will press charges against Edwards shortly. Our source tells us the busboy's "built like a linebacker," and Braylon charged him.

The whole thing began when Braylon and his cousins got heated with a group of men—our source says "thugs"—from Detroit. Bouncers asked the thugs to leave, and they did, but Braylon was still peeved, because the thugs had showed him up. "We basically saved Braylon's life by talking the thugs out of brawling with his crew," the source says.

Then, Braylon "decided to rush into the kitchen and attack the bus boy by throwing punches and throwing him to the ground." But Braylon and his entourage—according to the Observer and Eccentric, they were Braylon's cousins, Tre and Edmund Wright—were soon surrounded by bouncers. They responded by stabbing bar staff. (Both men have been charged with one count of felonious assault).

We're told bouncers held those two down until police arrived, but other elements of the entourage slipped away through the club's back door, and evaded interaction with the police.

An owner of South Bar declined to comment on these specific allegations. She said, "Braylon was present and involved." They're cooperating with the Birmingham Police, though they've told all the club's employees not to speak to the media.

The Birmingham Police Department has not returned a request for comment, and Edwards' attorney, Peter Frankel, was in court when we called. More as we get it.

Archived