Derrick Mason visiting Jets

Matt39

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is something I had hoped to see... but honestly thought it was a pipe dream.

Mason is one of my favorite non-Jets, fiery guy that has fought and busted his a$$ to make it in this league.

If we end up trading Cotchery, this is one veteran player I'm happy to see replacing him. As tough as it will be to palette, since Cotch has been a terrific Jet. :(

Jerricho is on the PUP list TS-we have to do something there. Today Rex was pretty much imploring Braylon to take less money and come back to the team.

Is it possible Cotch is on the PUP list to keep him healthy and away from the team while he is shopped around?

Is it possible Cotch is on the PUP list to keep him healthy and away from the team while he is shopped around?

I had heard that this was the case.

I also heard (ESPN radio) that Cotchery has essentially no trade value right now.

They may end up releasing him outright.

Probably wouldn't fetch much. I doubt they'd do that, knowing he won't get too much interest, and risk him being rusty if we can't move him in time. Shortened off-season. Willfully keeping guys out would be a bad move.

LOL. Where did that troll go... Jets are making moves like crazy, I kinda want to make him list what teams have lost what we have lost... :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to delay my inevitable banning. The more infractions I have against visa, the more paper work, the longer it takes. :cool:

Guest Jpf4671

Not trying to be sarcastic,.what am I missing here? I know cotch is on PUP right now but why would any of us be ok with cutting him for a 37 year old?

Mason is 37 and had over 800 yards last year. Just looked him up and he has about 4,000 yards receiving the past 4 years. That is pretty amazing. I wouldn't want Cotchery to go though....

Agreed. My guess is that they would/could carry enough DB's/LB's to be all right on ST's. But that's 4 out of 5 WR's who couldn't play punt or ko, right. But then you have Kerley who seems too small and would just be the return guy. So if they kept Cotch and it was (Holmes, Plex, Cotch, Mason, Kerley) That's 5 guys who aren't running downfield to make a tackle. Wonder how it'd work out. They've always seemed to have one or two guys who could do that. Then to compound that I don't know if McNight or Powell are the types either.

Nobody is going to trade a draft pick for Jerricho at this point in his career, injured, on the PUP, coming off a season where he had 10 dropped passes (according to Pro Football Focus answering my question as to how many). In the minds of NFL teams J-Co is on the steep decline. Plus, it's going to be another Chad Pennington type deal-teams are just going to wait for his inevitable release from the Jets then someone will take a chance on him.

I would not mind Mason, but I actually feel bad for Cotch. I always liked him and he always seemed to bust his a$$ for the team. It would be a shame to see him just get dropped like this.

I'd hate to see him dropped as well.

But, don't feel too bad for him. Bellichick will snap him up the minute he's cut.

LOL. Where did that troll go... Jets are making moves like crazy, I kinda want to make him list what teams have lost what we have lost... :rolleyes:

Derrick Mason? Over Cotchery? Are you kidding me? For years he was the only WR in Baltimore, all the yards. Hes older than dirt this reminds me the Art Monk signing. Whos next Rick Mirer. And yes Id rather have the much more productive Braylon Edwards.

Not a big fan of trading Edwards and Cotchery for Mason an Plaxico

Right? What happened? Plax just wasn't old enough for us? Everyone is applauding these signings like they're an improvement. They are stop gap measures and plax is a HUGE question mark. Cotch is a warrior and true Jet. I would hate to see him go.

Archived