Braylon Edwards signs with 49ERS

Morrissey

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are going to love Mason mid season if this happens.

Watch.

If Mason can pull off another year at his age and be fresh in the playoffs as well, Ill be damn happy . I dont give a damn if he has 1500 yards and 10 TD's if he hits a brick wall in the playoffs, its all about the playoffs. What Im trying to say is a 37 year old is a hell of a gamble for a SB contending team. Adding him to a team thats already established in the WR dept Like say the Colts, Packers or the Saints is another story. The way I see it a 37 year old WR is playing on borrowed time and has been extremely lucky to have such a career. I looked at his stats over the last 4 games and the playoff game and he did nothing special I dont even think he broke 50 yards. SO again if hes going feast on the trash of the league then get his a$$ handed to him by the elite defenses in the playoffs where do we stand in that situation ?

If Mason can pull off another year at his age and be fresh in the playoffs as well, Ill be damn happy . I dont give a damn if he has 1500 yards and 10 TD's if he hits a brick wall in the playoffs, its all about the playoffs. What Im trying to say is a 37 year old is a hell of a gamble for a SB contending team. Adding him to a team thats already established in the WR dept Like say the Colts, Packers or the Saints is another story. The way I see it a 37 year old WR is playing on borrowed time and has been extremely lucky to have such a career. I looked at his stats over the last 4 games and the playoff game and he did nothing special I dont even think he broke 50 yards. SO again if hes going feast on the trash of the league then get his a$$ handed to him by the elite defenses in the playoffs where do we stand in that situation ?

If he had an injury history, I'd see it as a gamble. He doesnt, he's the epitome of consistent.

If he had an injury history, I'd see it as a gamble. He doesnt, he's the epitome of consistent.

Injury history and hitting a wall are 2 different things. Example Last year LT played great for half the season then hit a wall. Mason's numbers seemed to decline the end of last year.

I thought he wanted to go to a winning team with a good QB. I don't know how he thinks he will get that in San Fran. Maybe they make the playoffs but really...I don't know, as crappy as those teams are they've all improved more than the Niners will with this move. At least they will probably have 2 teams without losing records this year.

I dont think anyone is disregarding the talent possibilities. Its a 16 game season that worries me. Will these guys have much left in the tank in the playoffs when things get real physical ? I cant believe how easily people dismiss the age of the guys were discussing. Football players have to recover from bumps and bruises every week this is not easy for guys this age and if you think it is your not paying attention or just have your Jets blinders on

BOOM!!! That right there. I'm starting to get a little worried about injuries, especially with Plax tweaking the angle already.

I really want to see one of our young receivers really step up. It's about time for The Jets to produce a home grown #1 type receiver...Jeremy Kerley I'm looking at you!!

Any word on how him, and Patrick Turner are looking like so far in practice? Are any of the other guys showing anything?

As far as Edwards, something is telling me he wasn't signing anything less than a four year contract with the Jets with money comparable to Holmes. I can see him taking a mill or two less than him, but I think the guys ego is so big and he would have felt disrespected if he signed the deal here that he did with San Fran.I'm probably wrong of course. Also I'm thinking that we're going to see a four game suspension here soon this season so that's why he got nothing. He finally bowed down took a one year deal at low money, get this season out of the way, then start fresh with a contract of his liking next year...That is if he produces on the field. Something's gotta give in San Fran, maybe BE is the missing piece to the Alex Smith puzzle.

I'm just happy that we're not seeing him in a Patsy jersey this year and to a lesser degree Miami. The Bills, I could handle I guess, as it's not like him going to them was gonna turn things around. I expect we win both Bills games this season, even if they had him. It does kinda bother me that Smith went there though.

So you are more concerned with "hitting a wall" than with a guy that is already injured and unable to play? More concerned with projecting when a guy's career should end than with the statistical fact that Cotchery has been missing games and consistently dinged the last couple of years? I'll take my chances with old over bad back any day.

It happens every year where players take less money from new teams than they would have accepted from their incumbent team. Call it pride, but you can't assume he would have given the Jets the same deal and almost assuredly wouldn't have when we signed Plax.

So you are more concerned with "hitting a wall" than with a guy that is already injured and unable to play? More concerned with projecting when a guy's career should end than with the statistical fact that Cotchery has been missing games and consistently dinged the last couple of years? I'll take my chances with old over bad back any day.

Dom Im fine with Cotch going (I like the personality more than the player) and I agree every year its another nagging injury with him. I only have issue with signing Mason UNLESS something is in the works we dont know about.

Dom Im fine with Cotch going (I like the personality more than the player) and I agree every year its another nagging injury with him. I only have issue with signing Mason UNLESS something is in the works we dont know about.

Exactly I agree, Mason isnt a replacement for JCo.

How far did Braylon Edwards fall? Deal with 49ers is 1yr, $1M, with no guarantees. Only reaches $3.5M max with 90 catches/Pro Bowl. Yikes

I seriously think Braylon Edwards is an alcoholic. Not joking around, I think he's the real deal. And I think the league knows it.

His assault in Cleveland was alcohol related, his DUI, his early morning one car accident, the bar brawl that just happened. Guy has a serious pattern going here.

1 million guaranteed the rest is incentives. The 9ers lucked out.

There is 0 guaranteed, that 1 mil is just the base salary. The 9ers can cut him before the season start if he starts acting up and lose nothing. That's sad for a player who is supposedly so amazing.

There is 0 guaranteed, that 1 mil is just the base salary. The 9ers can cut him before the season start if he starts acting up and lose nothing. That's sad for a player who is supposedly so amazing.

Did you watch him last year? It's a joke he couldn't get more money than that.

Did you watch him last year? It's a joke he couldn't get more money than that.

Yes because all 32 franchises are wrong and you are a genius who clearly should be running one. There is clearly a lot more off the field stuff then we know and it has scared every team in the league. He has serious problems.

I seriously think Braylon Edwards is an alcoholic. Not joking around, I think he's the real deal. And I think the league knows it.

His assault in Cleveland was alcohol related, his DUI, his early morning one car accident, the bar brawl that just happened. Guy has a serious pattern going here.

Yep I think hes got a major issue as well. Shame

So, basically you have a problem with signing a proven vet? We don't even know the terms of the offer or if he'll accept. Signing Mason seems like exactly the kind of deal you are calling for - a proven vet as insurance in case the NONE of the unknowns pan out. I am fine with cutting Cotch if they DON'T sign Mason or make any other moves. Too many vets is often a bad thing. Let them play. Remember when everybody was whining that Cotchery never got a chance under Herm?

Looks like the entire league, including the team that signed him, cares.

If he wasn't an immature drunk, he would've landed a 5yr/$40M contract without trying.

Group think at it's best. The 9ers are gonna be very happy with their money spent. Thats a hell of a WR corps they have if you count Davis.

Archived