Jets will not resign Ihedigbo

MikeJetsWord

This is continuing the pattern that has been going on all offseason. Young or old, if they're well liked by the fans, have true passion for winning and play their hearts out... SAY GOODBYE!

Also, why keep Ighedibo when you can keep an older, more injury prone and just as medicore mercenary like Pool around?

Seeya Jerricho, Shaun, James.

This is continuing the pattern that has been going on all offseason. Young or old, if they're well liked by the fans, have true passion for winning and play their hearts out... SAY GOODBYE!

Also, why keep Ighedibo when you can keep an older, more injury prone and just as medicore mercenary like Pool around?

Just curious, but which category do Mangold, Dbrick, Harris, Revis or Smith fall under?? Would it be that they aren't well liked, don't play their hearts our or don't have passion for winning??

Actually not a fan of this one. Dude's like a Swiss army knife on ST's and in the secondary. Rex put in a lot of time with him. Puzzling.

Agreed. Only thing I can think is the Jets felt like they needed to make some sort of change at safety and so it became an either/or situation with Smith and Ihedigbo. They're the two most similar players the Jets had back there, so if you're going to let one guy go to make room for someone else, it makes sense for it to be one of the two of them. Of course that would also mean doing something else at the safety spot as well, which hasn't really happened.

Just curious, but which category do Mangold, Dbrick, Harris, Revis or Smith fall under?? Would it be that they aren't well liked, don't play their hearts our or don't have passion for winning??

Mangold, Brick and Mevi$ aren't relevant, since they weren't free agents this year.

Harris is a very quiet player, pretty good, certainly not as good as Patrick Willis (despite the fact that he's now making more than him), but I'm glad to have him back.

Mangold, Brick and Mevi$ aren't relevant, since they weren't free agents this year.

Harris is a very quiet player, pretty good, certainly not as good as Patrick Willis (despite the fact that he's now making more than him), but I'm glad to have him back.

How would you like to go bowling with me and visa?

@DWAZ73

Dennis Waszak Jr.

The #Jets will not re-sign @JamesIhedigbo, a source tells the AP, so the hard-hitting safety will be playing elsewhere this season.

sh*t day today for my favorite players lol

Thats some bullsh*t. This dude is tough as nails. I guess we'll be hearing Taylor Mays name tomorrow.

Lets hear some of your football analysis. This ought to be good all that spews out of you is ridicule and mockery.

I think he is a special teams ace who plays hard to make up for his lack of skill. He was a valuable member of this team and was capable of making a play to charge the team up but ultimately wasn't a necessity when it comes to the success of this team. Strickland and Coleman played the same role as digs and did well. My assumption is with Strickland back they felt digs wasn't a necessity as E.Smith can make plays in special teams as well. I still find the move odd as he was a nice little tool to keep in the toolbox of the NYJETS.

He's also no Braylon.

I think he is a special teams ace who plays hard to make up for his lack of skill. He was a valuable member of this team and was capable of making a play to charge the team up but ultimately wasn't a necessity when it comes to the success of this team. Strickland and Coleman played the same role as digs and did well. My assumption is with Strickland back they felt digs wasn't a necessity as E.Smith can make plays in special teams as well. I still find the move odd as he was a nice little tool to keep in the toolbox of the NYJETS.

He's also no Braylon.

What would it take for him to be considered a nice big tool in the toolbox? :rolleyes:

I mentioned him today and nobody seems to think hes worthy.

Who did you mention, Mays?

I think he's a tremendous athlete. I know that he can play both Safety and LB in nickel packages. Dude ran a 4.24 at the combine too so that means that he can close up on the line of scrimmage from deep. That's f'ing freak speed right there.

I think we can use a talent like that in a Rex defense given that Rex will play to a players strength, not force the player into a mold thats not necessarily their skill set.

I'd be happy if he was a Jet. He likes to hit ALOT. We really dont have an intimidator on our team in that sense. Taylor Mays potential is thorugh the roof....but its just that, potential.

He's on the block. It wouldnt hurt to get him. Many of us wanted to draft him. Why the the 49'ers release him? It cant be cap issues, dude is a one year player. Hopefully he isnt a cancer.

He's also no Braylon.

TROLL

I think he's a tremendous athlete. I know that he can play both Safety and LB in nickel packages. Dude ran a 4.24 at the combine too so that means that he can close up on the line of scrimmage from deep.

I think we can use a talent like that in a Rex defense given that Rex will play to a players strength, not force the player into a mold thats not necessarily their skill set.

I'd be happy if he was a Jet. He likes to hit ALOT. We really dont have an intimidator on our team in that sense. Taylor Mays potential is thorugh the roof....but its just that, potential.

He's on the block. It wouldnt hurt to get him. Many of us wanted to draft him. Why the the 49'ers release him? It cant be cap issues, dude is a one year player. Hopefully he isnt a cancer.

What wasn't mentioned was he was heralded as the second coming of Ed Reed.

I think for a 6th he could present a nice project player. Some mentioned having him add some weight and try him at LB. I'd like to see that if he didn't lose too much speed.

What wasn't mentioned was he was heralded as the second coming of Ed Reed.

I think for a 6th he could present a nice project player. Some mentioned having him add some weight and try him at LB. I'd like to see that if he didn't lose too much speed.

What was said. The kid is a beast. With the right coaching he could be the next Ed Reed.

I think he's a tremendous athlete. I know that he can play both Safety and LB in nickel packages. Dude ran a 4.24 at the combine too so that means that he can close up on the line of scrimmage from deep. That's f'ing freak speed right there.

Taylor Mays is their Vernon Gholston.

We do not want him.

What is the plan here? Special teams is already hurting and we lose another key player, doesn't make sense to me at all.

Are we really talking about Taylor ******* Mays...really?

We have like $10 mill in cap space, obviously this thing is not over.

visa is talking about Taylor ******* Mays.

Now we are stuck with nothing but guys with talent!

Actually not a fan of this one. Dude's like a Swiss army knife on ST's and in the secondary. Rex put in a lot of time with him. Puzzling.

Swiss army knife in the secondary? I guess after the tang for coverage is broken off at the base. You want to cover TEs and backs out of the backfield? Ihedigbo isn't going to help. He provides similar skill set to Eric Smith. I like him. So did the FO. That's why they made him an offer. He is fairly easily replaced, so there is no reason to overpay.

Over the last few years the coaching staff has done a pretty good job (from my perspective-maybe excluding Shott). Whether some or most of the fans don't like or question some of the moves, none of us studies the games films, practices, interaction among the players like the cs or mgt. They are not cutting or releasing players or avoiding other players becaue they dont like their names-there is a plan in place and while I don't want to be an apologist for their moves, they've earned our confidence.

LOL

yup, some people thgink the NFL roster should be 90 players and we have no cap like in baseba;ll so we can have 'fan favorites' even though the ydont fit what coach is looking for anymore. Tanny and Rex have given us 2 AFC champ games in a row. At what point do you trust their judgement???

some people NEVER happy.

Archived