Are the Jets running out of patience in Shonn Greene?

Ryno the Jet

I never want to see Tebow on the field as a down field target ever again. He has zero awareness catching the ball.

The ironic part is that it was a 5 yard pass Sanchez can't even hit. The ball was supposed to be in his gut, not on top of his helmet. Sanchez's accuracy sucks. It always will suck. It's now 4 years and his accuracy still sucks. Not saying Sanchez can't pull off some big games or that he can't play all together. He's just never, ever winning anything without a top 5 defense or rushing attack. He's a subpar NFL starter who's a better fit as a back up. He's not a leader, he's not a big guy, he seems like a good kid/teammate who's a decent athlete with a decent arm. Stick him on a great team and he'd be fine but I don't see him ever "carrying" a team anywhere special.

He actually fits the Jets philosophy well. D and ground and pound...but he's still way overpaid which hurts their efficiencies elsewhere.

The ironic part is that it was a 5 yard pass Sanchez can't even hit. The ball was supposed to be in his gut, not on top of his helmet. Sanchez's accuracy sucks. It always will suck. It's now 4 years and his accuracy still sucks. Not saying Sanchez can't pull off some big games or that he can't play all together. He's just never, ever winning anything without a top 5 defense or rushing attack. He's a subpar NFL starter who's a better fit as a back up. He's not a leader, he's not a big guy, he seems like a good kid/teammate who's a decent athlete with a decent arm. Stick him on a great team and he'd be fine but I don't see him ever "carrying" a team anywhere special.

He actually fits the Jets philosophy well. D and ground and pound...but he's still way overpaid which hurts their efficiencies elsewhere.

What I found discouraging was the OL provided him a relatively clean pocket on Sunday and he still was inconsistent. Unfortunately, that wasn't the biggest thing that pissed me off. With Sanchez, you could see from the start that he didn't want to be there. Same ole "sucks to be me" attitude we've seen in the past. I'd agree he fits a team with a ground and pound philosophy...only wish we had a ground and pound team.

More passing, more Powell.

Bilal has three catches for 40 yards, while Shonn has two catches for 9. Powell is averaging 4 ypc to Greene's 2.8. I don't understand how there can even be any question who they need to have in there more.

To their credit, and something we never saw with Schottenheimer, I liked seeing Greene and Powell on the field together. More of that, and a lot less of Tebow and Sanchez on the field together would be good.

I'm a Greene guy. I know everybody is down on him and this season it's been with good reason. Last year he did a more than adequate job and people wanted to dump him.

That being said, Powell looks better right now. I don't see the problem. Powell has been outperforming him and Powell's touches have been going up. Powell will continue getting more and more touches until either he proves he can't handle it or Greene steps up his game. I think Sparano has been handling it pretty well. I wasn't in love with many of the play calls Sunday, but slowly adding more Powell to the mix seems the right way to handle this. I'd expect to see him in the first or second series Sunday unless Greene is really killing it.

I'm a Greene guy. I know everybody is down on him and this season it's been with good reason. Last year he did a more than adequate job and people wanted to dump him.

That being said, Powell looks better right now. I don't see the problem. Powell has been outperforming him and Powell's touches have been going up. Powell will continue getting more and more touches until either he proves he can't handle it or Greene steps up his game. I think Sparano has been handling it pretty well. I wasn't in love with many of the play calls Sunday, but slowly adding more Powell to the mix seems the right way to handle this. I'd expect to see him in the first or second series Sunday unless Greene is really killing it.

Yeah, I do have to say, I've been happy with how quickly Sparano has been willing to move to giving Powell more carries with Greene struggling. Playing the hot hand seems like such a simple concept, but is something this offense seemed incapable of grasping for years, particularly when it came to younger players.

"But they're totally expecting me to run to where there are no defenders!"

In his defense, Reuland ran right through that hole and decided to block the back of Brandon Moore as opposed to the unblocked Miami defender that was their ready to the plug that hole. Maybe Greene is a prophet?

The run could've been called to that side...Even so he just doesn't have the physical ability to be a starting NFL RB.

If were calling plays for Greene to cut back there's even bigger problems. But nah, I think he just messed up here. This was designed to go behind Ruland.

Archived