behind the scenes Rex/Pettine

bitonti

that said, the idea that Woody is blackmailing his employees, and letting them go if they're not going along with it, is seriously disturbing.

I don't think it's blackmail. He asked Pettine to replace his friend, and he said no. I can believe that ... more than the Mike finally got sick of being in Rex's shadow theory. I also don't think Rex would ever fire Mike outright. There must have been something in that extension (offered months ago), language about becoming the HC that Mike didn't want to sign.

The Bills DC job isn't really a better job than the Jets DC job. It's not like he's going to a better team. He was forced out the question is why and by whom.

If Woody really felt that way about Rex and was so ready to fire him, why the hell is he making his new GM keep him? This article is BS.

that's a really good question.

the premise of the "article" (post) is that they wanted to keep the Jets 3-4 Rex Ryan defense without Rex Ryan. Learn the chef's recipes and ideas and ditch the chef for someone cheaper/more controllable. It was the plot of an entire season of Breaking Bad.

Well, I cannot picture Woody as some evil puppetmaster with a brutal streak. The part I find interesting is this idea that Rex might be an emotional wreck. Ever since he got into the heavy lying at mid-season, his demeanor has become nervous. He has looked incredibly shaky and has lost his sense of humor. So I do buy that something is troublling him. The stuff he said the other day about being dangerous and nobody wanting to play us was Rex-like, but it lacked the inherent bravado that Rex has displayed during his tenure. It is just hard to believe that Rex is turnng on a spit here, after Woody licked him up the other day. Pettine does not impress me as a devious guy, either. It does seem like he is leaving for some secret reason, not just to "make it on his own".

Well, I cannot picture Woody as some evil puppetmaster with a brutal streak. The part I find interesting is this idea that Rex might be an emotional wreck. Ever since he got into the heavy lying at mid-season, his demeanor has become nervous. He has looked incredibly shaky and has lost his sense of humor. So I do buy that something is troublling him. The stuff he said the other day about being dangerous and nobody wanting to play us was Rex-like, but it lacked the inherent bravado that Rex has displayed during his tenure. It is just hard to believe that Rex is turnng on a spit here, after Woody licked him up the other day. Pettine does not impress me as a devious guy, either. It does seem like he is leaving for some secret reason, not just to "make it on his own".

Rex is the type of dude that will over-flow with anxiety whenever he's in a position where he can't be honest. Being disingenuous comes natural to a slimeball like Woody, but Rex for all his faults, is a genuine dude. It's what makes him tick and he's in a position now where he can't be himself.

Rex is the type of dude that will over-flow with anxiety whenever he's in a position where he can't be honest. Being disingenuous comes natural to a slimeball like Woody, but Rex for all his faults, is a genuine dude. It's what makes him tick and he's in a position now where he can't be himself.

That is scary because it is true.

You are making a lot of sense. REx is like a little kid when he lies. He cannot think of a good reason for the lie so he says it is a gut feeling or it is his decision. Completely unstaisfactory anwers. That is why Woody's "sophisticated" remark was so hilarious. Woody has no trouble lying because he thinks he is better than the rest of us riffraff.

• 1 year later...

Archived