•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

~ ~ " Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets " ~ ~

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,259 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets

nyj.gifCould former New York Giants starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw trade in his "Big Blue" colors for a "Gang Green" jersey next season ?

According to the two-time Super Bowl champion, he is not ruling out a chance to stay in the New York area."Whoever I feel that I can get a better chance of playing and helping which team," Bradshaw said on the NFL Network Tuesday. "The New York Jets are a team that I've kinda been thinking about, just to stay home, not make a big move from New York. It's just right across the street from
where I am now."

If this is the case, the offensively-challenged Jets would be silly not to listen.Bradshaw is the type of explosive tailback the Jets are looking for.He rushed for 1,015 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry last season. Jets leading rusher Shonn Greene, who lacks big-play ability, is an unrestricted free agent and probably won't return.

But there are two issues for the Jets to consider: health and money.Bradshaw has battled injuries the past two seasons, and durability could be a concern. The Jets also began the offseason about $19 million over the cap and might not have enough wiggle room to afford Bradshaw in
free agency.

i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~ :beer:

#2 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I don't see how it would make sense. Too much money and this team isn't getting near the SB in the next few seasons.

#3 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,594 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Pass on Bradshaw.

Guy has been a good player for the Giants, but I think his time is close to done.  Multiple leg injuries for a RB is not a good sign.

There are plenty of good RB’s in the mid rounds of this years draft.  Take one

#4 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Pass on Bradshaw.

Guy has been a good player for the Giants, but I think his time is close to done.  Multiple leg injuries for a RB is not a good sign.

There are plenty of good RB’s in the mid rounds of this years draft.  Take one

Except the Jets need 2 RB's. Bradshaw isn't getting a big contract because of his feet. The Jets should sign him PLUS draft a RB in the 3rd/4th.

Tank for Teddy.

#5 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,029 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'd look at Bradshaw after his price comes down, but even then my interest would only be lukewarm. Powell, McKnight, and a high/mid draft pick isn't a terrible group.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#6 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

sign em!

#7 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Make it happen tann---um, Idzik!!!!

These type of signings(low cost, high upside) are all we can hope for with our salary cap, even after we dump the 3 major contracts to get under the cap.  See Landry, Laron 2012.

#8 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

ain't contending next year - rebuild via draft.

#9 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'd look at Bradshaw after his price comes down, but even then my interest would only be lukewarm. Powell, McKnight, and a high/mid draft pick isn't a terrible group.

Not sure how you define terrible. That would probably be the worst backfield in the NFL if the draft pick isn't a home run.

Tank for Teddy.

#10 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,029 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Not sure how you define terrible. That would probably be the worst backfield in the NFL if the draft pick isn't a home run.

I'm generally against giving veteran RBs their second contracts. If a guy like Steven Jackson wanted to come here, I'd be interested, but Bradshaw is no Jackson.

I'd love for the Jets to take a RB in the second or third this year, and yes, I'd be hoping for a home run. But I don't think Powell and McKnight are terrible. I'm hoping Mornhinweg can get something out of McKnight, in particular.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#11 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm generally against giving veteran RBs their second contracts. If a guy like Steven Jackson wanted to come here, I'd be interested, but Bradshaw is no Jackson.

I'd love for the Jets to take a RB in the second or third this year, and yes, I'd be hoping for a home run. But I don't think Powell and McKnight are terrible. I'm hoping Mornhinweg can get something out of McKnight, in particular.

Bradshaw isn't Jackson... He's better, and almost 3 years younger and has 40% of the carries Jackson does on his tires. He's had a better DVOA 3 years in a row even playing through injuries ntm having a much better career YPC. The only thing Jackson does better is catch the football.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,052 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Bradshaw isn't Jackson... He's better, and almost 3 years younger and has 40% of the carries Jackson does on his tires. He's had a better DVOA 3 years in a row even playing through injuries ntm having a much better career YPC. The only thing Jackson does better is catch the football.

Tires?  The guy has bad feet.  There comes a time when this "wear and tear" debate goes beyond stupid.  One guy has broken down, the other hasn't.  Isn't DVOA related to the amount of time played?  The guy can't carry a team because you can't count on him.  Jackson is a better RB.  You are seriously going to compare playing RB for the Rams with the Giants where teams are scared sh*tless of the passing game?  I think they should kick the tires on Bradshaw in a Kenny Phillips, Laron Landry way - like the article posted on Schwartz.  See if you can get him on a cheaper prove himself type of deal.  If not, pass. 

BTW, I am fully aware that the response to my last 3 sentences should be "duh"

Edited by #27TheDominator, 12 February 2013 - 01:50 PM.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#13 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Tires? The guy has bad feet. There comes a time when this "wear and tear" debate goes beyond stupid. One guy has broken down, the other hasn't. Isn't DVOA related to the amount of time played? The guy can't carry a team because you can't count on him. Jackson is a better RB. You are seriously going to compare playing RB for the Rams with the Giants where teams are scared sh*tless of the passing game? I think they should kick the tires on Bradshaw in a Kenny Phillips, Laron Landry way - like the article posted on Schwartz. See if you can get him on a cheaper prove himself type of deal. If not, pass.

DOVA isn't effected by playing time. He's only missed only 3 games more than Jackson has in the last 5 years since he came in the league and he's played at a higher level. You're saying that Jackson having almost 1400 more carries than Bradshaw does in his career thats not something that should be taken into account?

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#14 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,368 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Bradshaw is the type of veteran player we need here. His health is a huge risk, but if we add him and a rookie all-purpose back in the draft, and split the load while the kid is groomed, I think it would do a world of good.

Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#15 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,368 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I agree with this, 100% of the time.

This wouldn't be the second contract for Bradshaw though, right? Would be more like 3rd or 4th? I can't recall, but I do think he's a worthwhile addition as a veteran on the cheap.

Second contracts for RBs are where teams tend to pay their stud for what they accomplished on their rookie deal. Like Chris Johnson. Nobody wants that here.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#16 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

i got hopes for mcknight this year

#17 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

What are you smoking?
Tank for Teddy.

#18 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

What are you smoking?

hey from what i saw he showed more then powell. He wasnt a great rb but did show flashes of what he can do in space

he can end up being a playmaker

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 12 February 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,692 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Powell is the new Bradshaw, maybe.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 February 2013 - 02:38 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#20 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Powell is the new Bradshaw, maybe.

Without that pesky speed, tackle breaking ability and shiftyness.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,692 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Without that pesky speed, tackle breaking ability and shiftyness.

Nope. No one knows Bradshaw for his moves and they ran almost the exact same 40 with the advantage to Powell. Powell has better hands.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#22 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,029 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

What are you smoking?

McKnight's an excellent kick returner; you don't become an excellent KOR without speed and skill in space. I may not see him as an every down back, but I do like him as a nice change of pace/third down type back. I like him on screens or as an outlet receiver. I think there's still a lot of untapped potential there.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#23 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,259 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Bradshaw is the type of veteran player we need here. His health is a huge risk, but if we add him and a rookie all-purpose back in the draft, and split the load while the kid is groomed, I think it would do a world of good.

Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly.

" ...Bradshaw is supposedly a heart and soul of the locker room type of guy. We need that sh*t badly. "

~ ~ agreed ! !

if we can sign him for reasonable $ ;  cool ~ ~ ~

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~ :beer:

#24 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,629 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

If the price tag is reasonable, guys with something to prove can't be overlooked.  This team has a huge lack of talent.  Bradshaw has some left still.

#25 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,962 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

At a resonable price I would take him- we need more guys with desire and fight like him

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users