•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

So where the heck do the Mets go from here?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 23,252 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Is Alderson a goner?

The team is abysmal. Luckily no one is really noticing with the Knicks and Rangers being so relevant and the Jets always in the news. Baseball has fallen off dramatically in this town...but good god do the Mets stink.

#2 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,408 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Rivera has as many saves as the Mets have wins.....

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#3 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Rivera has as many saves as the Mets have wins.....

Should this really be a surprise to anyone though?

The Mets roster is awful.

#4 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,500 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think they are doing the right thing, dumping big contracts and developing youth.  Santana's comes off the books next season.  They have a solid starting rotation, just no bullpen.  They have zero hitting but I like the emphasis on building through the farm.  They are a work in progress but I actually think they've got some up and coming talent.

Similar situations as the Jets really.  A new/er GM cleaning up the old GM's mess. 

Posted Image

#5 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think they are doing the right thing, dumping big contracts and developing youth.  Santana's comes off the books next season.  They have a solid starting rotation, just no bullpen.  They have zero hitting but I like the emphasis on building through the farm.  They are a work in progress but I actually think they've got some up and coming talent.

Similar situations as the Jets really.  A new/er GM cleaning up the old GM's mess. 

Exactly.  Alderson tore things down at the ML level to focus on the farm system, a cleanup that was long overdue.  The best Mets teams in their history were the ones with great homegrown pitching.  They need to get back to that, and not spend on any more big-name free agents that cost them draft picks. 

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#6 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Exactly.  Alderson tore things down at the ML level to focus on the farm system, a cleanup that was long overdue.  The best Mets teams in their history were the ones with great homegrown pitching.  They need to get back to that, and not spend on any more big-name free agents that cost them draft picks. 

You can get contributing MLB players on the FA market without spending big bucks. I don't know how you can defend what Alderson has done on the ML level other than bringing up Harvey...

Tank for Teddy.

#7 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

They should try sharing a stadium with the Yankees.

#8 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

You can get contributing MLB players on the FA market without spending big bucks. I don't know how you can defend what Alderson has done on the ML level other than bringing up Harvey...

I can't defend what he's done at the ML level but if the farm system is improved we'll see results in the next few years.  If not he's gone and they try again with someone else. 

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#9 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I love how Francesa is trying to paint Ike Davis sucking as a big story. 

#10 gqxluvx

gqxluvx

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Francesa sucks...but man Ike has completely fallen off the map...

#11 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

I love how Francesa is trying to paint Ike Davis sucking as a big story. 

It's a story. Ike was a pretty good player last year and he's fallen off a cliff.

Tank for Teddy.

#12 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

It's a story. Ike was a pretty good player last year and he's fallen off a cliff.

Davis stinks. He never been that good and the media talks as if he wa the next coming of Donnie Baseball.

Rink Ankiel? Come on

#13 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Davis stinks. He never been that good and the media talks as if he wa the next coming of Donnie Baseball.

Rink Ankiel? Come on

He was great his rookie year and it's actually underrated how good Duda is too.

Tank for Teddy.

#14 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

He was great his rookie year and it's actually underrated how good Duda is too.

http://www.baseball-...davisik02.shtml

you sure?

#15 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

http://www.baseball-...davisik02.shtml

you sure?

Thats a pretty damn good rookie year for a young kid in a huge ballpark and he was even better the next year before he got hurt. He was on his way to at least being a serviceable starter at 1b till this season

Tank for Teddy.

#16 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Problem will always be the Wilpons. They should be forced to sell, but not as long as Selig is in charge of MLB. If anyone ahs any doubt that Alderson is here to watch over the finances given the loans the Mets have outstanding to MLB, look no further than the mets' outfield,  You cannot point to the futre constanlly when you don't field competent MLB players spare Wright and Harvey.The Mets over 2 seasons have failed to resign an NL batting chmapion and dealt Cy Young winner for....what exactly? Darnaud, please. It was all simply to cut salary.

Edited by Bugg, 14 May 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#17 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

The Mets will regret not trading Wheeler for Justin Upton...

Tank for Teddy.

#18 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,842 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

This. Cubs are doing the same thing right now, and doing it better IF I do say so myself. These two loser franchises might actually develop a rivalry next decade in the NL if things go well for both.

Edited by SenorGato, 16 May 2013 - 11:34 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#19 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Mike Francesa needs a new pair of pants after this game. Harvey is a beast.

Tank for Teddy.

#20 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,855 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

The Mets will regret not trading Wheeler for Justin Upton...

no

they'll regret not bringing up Wheeler to start the season due to arbitration 

cheap bastids

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#21 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,855 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Should this really be a surprise to anyone though?

The Mets roster is awful.

they have the best starting pitcher in baseball not named Felix and they have the best 3rd basemen not named Miggy

it's not as bad as you think

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ike sucks and the Mets sold him to us the same way they tried to sell Daniel Murphy to us--as elite young talents that will develop into perennial All-Stars. Fick the Mets. F*ck Wilpon. F*ck Alderson.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#23 HeavyFog

HeavyFog

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

they have the best starting pitcher in baseball not named Felix and they have the best 3rd basemen not named Miggy

it's not as bad as you think

Ummm ... Clayton Kershaw??? He's the best pitcher.  Period.

Posted Image

#24 HeavyFog

HeavyFog

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Though I do love me some Matt Harvey for sure.

Posted Image

#25 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,855 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ummm ... Clayton Kershaw??? He's the best pitcher.  Period.

okay so a CLOSE 3rd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users