#26 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Mark sucks.

Geno is worse than sh1t.

McElroy couldn't throw a football through a wet paper bag. 

At least Simms has a cannon for an arm. He would at least make it amusing at times.

#27 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't think anyone is saying Simms will be great - but he has certainly earned getting a look against higher competition to see if he can do it.

#28 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

He shouldn't be starting because he shredded the giants 4th or 3rd string defense. But he does deserve to make the squad. He has way more upside the Mcelroy.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#29 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 495 posts

I would agree that we should keep Simms. Probably not start him because of good performances against 3rd and 4th stringes. He does have an arm though. I would actually be OK with Geno, McElroy and Simms as QBs and let Sanchez go find personal fufillment somehwere else.

#30 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

I don't think anyone is saying Simms will be great - but he has certainly earned getting a look against higher competition to see if he can do it.

It would be foolish for us not to take him seriously. He is the only one not throwing INTs, not getting sacked, and not making terrible decisions. Worse thing hes done is be off the mark on a few throws. But even then, its been in space and not to the fatties on the other team.

#31 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,481 posts

Not until Ratliff gets his shot.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#32 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

I would agree that we should keep Simms. Probably not start him because of good performances against 3rd and 4th stringes. He does have an arm though. I would actually be OK with Geno, McElroy and Simms as QBs and let Sanchez go find personal fufillment somehwere else.

We are paying Sanchez regardless, and since we don't have anything concrete we should hold onto him. Don't get me wrong, I would cheer if we cut him, but still. McElroy can go now. I wanted to see him get reps, but I am excited by simms.

#33 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
  • Locationa city near you. :)

I mean he had the best pass of the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

Edited by GATA, 24 August 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#34 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

I think he isn't scheduled to get out of rehab til 2024.

#35 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

I mean he had the best pass off the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

EXACTLY!!! He made some really nice throws, with incredible velocity. Having a QB who can throw the ball would be great. Sanchez/Geno/McElroy make me miss Favre.. and Favre is a cockgoblin that I couldn't care less about.

#36 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, I mean Ratliff did good against the 3's and never amounted to much - but that doesn't mean Simms will be the same. He could excel, or he could be Ratliff. We won't know until he gets a shot.

#37 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, I mean Ratliff did good against the 3's and never amounted to much - but that doesn't mean Simms will be the same. He could excel, or he could be Ratliff. We won't know until he gets a shot.

Exactly +1

#38 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I mean he had the best pass of the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

She is right. I was at the game tonight and Simms was by far the best qb. He has a higher ceiling than McElroy. Drop McElroy and keep Simms. If we put him on PS someone will pick him up... Possibly bellicheat....

LL
Posted Image Fat Head!

#39 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

I cannot believe that as Jets fans we are jinxing Simms with comparisons to the dude who's name rhymes with Batliff. 

#40 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

You sure you want that? I imagine Simms is the hope a lot of Jets fans are holding onto right now. If he ends up sucking ass, which he probably will seeing as how he's been fighting for the third string qb job, then I imagine all hope will be crushed. This board will turn into a board full of misery and despair. Either that or you'd guys would start calling for Mcelroy.

#41 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

You sure you want that? I imagine Simms is the hope a lot of Jets fans are holding onto right now. If he ends up sucking ass, which he probably will seeing as how he's been fighting for the third string qb job, then I imagine all hope will be crushed. This board will turn into a board full of misery and despair. Either that or you'd guys would start calling for Mcelroy.

Dude, this board is already misery and despair. It doesn't get worse, no worries. 

#42 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

Man, my eyes are getting bad in my old age.  I thought you wrote "so many titties".  All worked up for ugatz.

LOL That's what I read too. And I have great eyes.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#43 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

This board lives off of the misery and despair. No matter what choice is made we still complain and whine about it being the wrong decision. On that note give him a shot. Today, was the first game Geno started and the fIrst game we saw Simms, who looked better. Its that simple.

#44 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Dude, this board is already misery and despair. It doesn't get worse, no worries.

Bahaha I said the same thing

#45 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Bahaha I said the same thing

We lived through years and years of complete failures of teams, implosions, and head scratching incompetence.. but Simms not being Jesus is going to make us collapse? Yeah, I'm not thinking thats the case.

#46 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

Let's be logical here. Simms played well. Geno did not. Give Simms a chance to start. You never know.
Posted Image Fat Head!

#47 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse if all are qb's suck. 

Edited by artemusclyde, 25 August 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#48 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

We lived through years and years of complete failures of teams, implosions, and head scratching incompetence.. but Simms not being Jesus is going to make us collapse? Yeah, I'm not thinking thats the case.

Nothing is more depressing then picking first in the draft.

#49 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse if all are qb's suck. 

I don't. I actually think it will get even funnier. Some of the best forum humor comes out when we are all trying to laugh through our blinding tears.

#50 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Nothing is more depressing then picking first in the draft.

Sure there is. Picking twice in the first round, and taking a corner who couldn't wash two fours car, and then taking another D Lineman for the tenth year in a row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users