•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NY Jets Minicamp - Day Two

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

That's a good point, and I think there's a very careful line there though.  When a play isn't there, it's definitely much, much better to take advantage of his speed and make a positive play out of potentially bad situation.  That said, you need to be careful and not push him too much in the opposite direction either, as you don't want a guy who is tucking and running all of the time.  It never seems to work out too well for QBs in the NFL with that method (with injuries being one of the primary concerns).  Geno still needs to be a passer first and foremost, and if he can't do that then he's not going to be the answer for the Jets.

Early as we are here in his career, I'll take him giving up on the pass a little early here and there if the result is a reduction in turnovers. I think that's what we saw late in the season last year. And really, that's pretty much Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson's game. For a guy who really didn't run in college, I thought he did a nice job with it.

Obviously, you want him to develop as a passer. That's the key. But if he can get first downs with his feet in the short term, I'll take it. I think we might see a little less of that with Chris Johnson on the field, though. Why run it yourself if you can safely dump it off to a pair of speedy, reliable hands?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users