I saw progress

JohnnnyBONES

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somone on another board posted the overthrow to Cumberland during the Raiders game from the All 22 cam. Cumberland was running half speed. If he's sprinting its a TD.

We desperately need a deep threat. Geno has the arm.

There are other boards?  

It is strange.  I can see loafing a bit if the QB is the type to just flop and not get the ball out, but Geno is able to heave it and while his pocket presence is not the best, he does have the ability to extend plays.  I expect guys like Holmes to loaf, but not Cumberland, and these guys.  They are supposed to be gritty lunchpail types.  

There are other boards?

It is strange. I can see loafing a bit if the QB is the type to just flop and not get the ball out, but Geno is able to heave it and while his pocket presence is not the best, he does have the ability to extend plays. I expect guys like Holmes to loaf, but not Cumberland, and these guys. They are supposed to be gritty lunchpail types.

Not sure if it's loafing or just not getting the offense.

Not sure if it's loafing or just not getting the offense.

Ah.  I think was commenting on a different post.  Somebody had mentioned that guys are giving up on plays when Geno is flushed, pressured or they aren't the read.  I mixed that with your comments when I responded. Not the failure to sprint on everything. Geno does a good job of not underthrowing people.  Compared to other QBs is more likely to lead guys deep.  Maybe that is why these guys are not still sprinting?  I don't know. 

After seeing the game again. I feel less depressed and encouraged for the future!

Plus:

Tommy B!

Decker - a real WR

Geno - a franchise QB in the makings.

D Davis - breakout game?

Powell - really good performance

Kerley - reliable as always

Milliner - a real Dr Jekyll / mr Hyde game. Did he get tired? I say that one is on the coaches who played him too much, and him for not saying so when he felt it. Good first half anyway.

Colon - no penalties! :)

Bad:

#67 - he has ways to go

Sudfeld - not bad, worse than bad play on the INT. Steven Hill bad...

Milliner - second half

Pryor - rookie game

MM - STFU

Rex Ryan - order in the class room please

Mo - be a pro

I recommend you to see it with fresh eyes for yourself.

After seeing the game again. I feel less depressed and encouraged for the future!

Plus:

Tommy B!

Decker - a real WR

D Davis - breakout game?

Milliner - a real Dr Jekyll / mr Hyde game. Did he get tired? I say that one is on the coaches who played him too much, and him for not saying so when he felt it. Good first half anyway.

Bad:

#67 - he has ways to go

Milliner - second half

Pryor - rookie game

MM - STFU

Mo - be a pro

They played well.  Dont really see how anyone can say different.  A couple of bad breaks, some bizarre sh*t and just a crazy finish to an otherwise good game for the Jets.  They need to tighten some things up and get consistent play for 4 quarters.

They're playing above their talent level.  Truly think if they can put it all together, they can beat anyone.

They played well. Dont really see how anyone can say different. A couple of bad breaks, some bizarre sh*t and just a crazy finish to an otherwise good game for the Jets. They need to tighten some things up and get consistent play for 4 quarters.

They're playing above their talent level. Truly think if they can put it all together, they can beat anyone.

Lol, so you found it.. Agree again but maybe you're a bit too high saying we could beat anyone. Top 5 in the league will be too much to ask for. Most important is that we can beat the pats home and away this year!

Lol, so you found it.. Agree again but maybe you're a bit too high saying we could beat anyone. Top 5 in the league will be too much to ask for. Most important is that we can beat the pats home and away this year!

I dont know man...when they were clicking on all cylinders in the first half....that was some pretty awesome Football.  This place was going mental.  Read the first 10 pages of the game thread.  Everyone wanted to **** everyone.  

They keep that up for 4 quarters and they blow the Packers out and a lot of other teams in the league too.

Again, they had a great shot to tie it up missing their best players on both sides of the ball and the offense going into a comma for 30 minutes. 

Sucks they lost, but they looked a lot better than I expected doing it. 

I dont know man...when they were clicking on all cylinders in the first half....that was some pretty awesome Football. This place was going mental. Read the first 10 pages of the game thread. Everyone wanted to **** everyone.

They keep that up for 4 quarters and they blow the Packers out and a lot of other teams in the league too.

Again, they had a great shot to tie it up missing their best players on both sides of the ball and the offense going into a comma for 30 minutes.

Sucks they lost, but they looked a lot better than I expected doing it.

You're right but I can't get into my head that they can repeat that picture perfect start again this year. I have never seen that before from the Jets, ever! So to ask for that AND the rest of the game is for me like 1+1=100.

Plus:

Tommy B!

Decker - a real WR

D Davis - breakout game?

Bad:

#67 - he has ways to go

Milliner - second half

Pryor - rookie game

MM - STFU

Mo - be a pro

Can we add Kyle Wilson to the bad, I've never disliked a Jet so much, except maybe Holmes.

No of course not. Can he be one though? After the ps and the first two games I would say yes.

Well it depends on what u think a franchise qb is. . Mine is people like manning Brady Rodgers

So for me he probably won't be . He can be good but he's to inconsistent for me yest. He was 10-13 to start after that he was 6- 19 .

Well it depends on what u think a franchise qb is. . Mine is people like manning Brady Rodgers

So for me he probably won't be . He can be good but he's to inconsistent for me yest. He was 10-13 to start after that he was 6- 19 .

True. I would say up there or just below. A reliable starter who can make all the throws, awareness, ice cool, leader.

Have faith.

Ah.  I think was commenting on a different post.  Somebody had mentioned that guys are giving up on plays when Geno is flushed, pressured or they aren't the read.  I mixed that with your comments when I responded. Not the failure to sprint on everything. Geno does a good job of not underthrowing people.  Compared to other QBs is more likely to lead guys deep.  Maybe that is why these guys are not still sprinting?  I don't know. 

This is the play btw...

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D0350999271123346828658626560_2b062c5c868.5.1.17892219362651196900.mp4?versionId=HEN._kzuar1SoJlZ6bEYj2osLH5gnhiA

Yeah.  I remember that one.  It is pretty obvious that Cumberland thinks he is supposed to be sitting down in the zone.  It's hard to tell who is at fault.  It might be something as simple as Cumberland missing the preseason and he and Geno needing to get used to each other.  If he is takes it up hard looking over his inside shoulder he may be running into Branch,  Looks like Rogers blew it biting so hard on Amaro.

Yeah.  I remember that one.  It is pretty obvious that Cumberland thinks he is supposed to be sitting down in the zone.  It's hard to tell who is at fault.  It might be something as simple as Cumberland missing the preseason and he and Geno needing to get used to each other.  If he is takes it up hard looking over his inside shoulder he may be running into Branch,  Looks like Rogers blew it biting so hard on Amaro.

Just going off of our first two games...or receivers are still well below  average. 

Yes of course! I forgot to add him and Vick to the bad. :)

Another guy I would add to the bad is Jeff Cumberland.  The guy just cannot block.  Several times in this game on running plays to the perimeter, it looked like Johnson had a running lane on the cut back, only to have Cumby miss his block and a potential big play became a 2 or 3 yard gain.

Another guy I would add to the bad is Jeff Cumberland.  The guy just cannot block.  Several times in this game on running plays to the perimeter, it looked like Johnson had a running lane on the cut back, only to have Cumby miss his block and a potential big play became a 2 or 3 yard gain.

Had hope with  CUmberland as a receiver...and obviously the team has too....but this guy just seems to be a JAG. And you're right he is a terrible blocker. Another guy who's stunting Geno's growth.

Had hope with  CUmberland as a receiver...and obviously the team has too....but this guy just seems to be a JAG. And you're right he is a terrible blocker. Another guy who's stunting Geno's growth.

Cumby fooled me last year.  I expected big things out of him, I thought he was ready for a breakout year as a receiver, but it just hasn't worked out.  It looked to me like his blocking last night was brutal and was a huge factor in the lack of a perimeter running game.

I can't even fault Geno for the pick yesterday. He got hit as he threw. We've seen it happen to much better QBs over the years many, many times. That was more a bad break than a bad performance from Geno.

Rodgers threw a completely awful and ridiculous INT and he is a seasoned vet. he just lucked out because of a dumb penalty.we have to lighten up on the INTs. All QBs have them. If Geno has 16 or 17 after 12 games, I will be scratching my head. I expect him to have some clean games this year.

Can we add Kyle Wilson to the bad, I've never disliked a Jet so much, except maybe Holmes.

He's one of those guys everyone here will keep defending, then we'll cut him and he'll be out of the league. And then everyone will finally admit he sucked the whole time.

Just admit he was a sh*tty pick and move on, Bellicheck would've cut him 2 years ago.

He's one of those guys everyone here will keep defending, then we'll cut him and he'll be out of the league. And then everyone will finally admit he sucked the whole time.

Just admit he was a sh*tty pick and move on, Bellicheck would've cut him 2 years ago.

The Klecko law

What kills me, and why I hated the Amaro pick, if you want to run the ball draft OL and blocking TE.  Last year I wanted Womack and they pick Milliner.  This year they need a WR and pick pass receiving TE (which they already had) instead of WR.  There needs to be a plan - there just doesnt seem to be one.

Rodgers threw a completely awful and ridiculous INT and he is a seasoned vet. he just lucked out because of a dumb penalty.we have to lighten up on the INTs. All QBs have them. If Geno has 16 or 17 after 12 games, I will be scratching my head. I expect him to have some clean games this year.

I dont hink that's true - He knew he had a free play and was trying to hit one down the seam - it was a gamble and he knew it.

What kills me, and why I hated the Amaro pick, if you want to run the ball draft OL and blocking TE.  Last year I wanted Womack and they pick Milliner.  This year they need a WR and pick pass receiving TE (which they already had) instead of WR.  There needs to be a plan - there just doesnt seem to be one.

Rex gets the defensive player he wants in round one and then we throw darts.

Only a select few desperate-to-defend-Rex slackjaws defend the Kyle Wilson pick.

Archived