John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good moves Idzik has made have Rex written all over them

LOL! The truth finally comes out. Another thread by a Wrecks dead-ender, desperately attempting to deflect blame anywhere else for the current state of the team.

The talent level on this team has deteriorated for the entire 6 years Wrecks has been here. He took the roster Mangini assembled and ran it into the ground.

Idzik so far looks like a bust as GM, and I'd fully support his firing this offseason (provided Wrecks gets the axe too), but Rex should be universially viewed is the most culpable for our current woes. To deny that is to be blinded by his cult of personality.

Lastly, as I've been saying ad nauseam, the only reason we're stuck with Idzik to begin with is because no top shelf GM candidates would take the job with Rex attached. Wrecks is responsible for Idzik being here; without him, a better GM candidate takes the job instead.

Dude I think Rex should be fired so I have no idea what your talking about. I just think Idzik should be fired too. He's the Rich Kotite of NFL GM's.

"The only good moves have Rex written all over them" says it all really. Wrecks is a buffoon who ran this team into the ground, and his presence as HC is the sole reason we couldn't land a more qualified GM.

Amazing how incompetence gets rewarded in Jet-land. Idzik has the worst draft in 30 years (saying something) on the heels of another draft that was not good either and then neglects to fill holes on both offense and defense while saving $20+ million in cap room so we can resign Jeff Cumberland and give Mike Vick a $5 million deal to hold a clipboard. And this is the guy to lead us to the promised land?

Amazing how incompetence gets rewarded in Jet-land. Idzik has the worst draft in 30 years (saying something) on the heels of another draft that was not good either and then neglects to fill holes on both offense and defense while saving $20+ million in cap room so we can resign Jeff Cumberland and give Mike Vick a $5 million deal to hold a clipboard. And this is the guy to lead us to the promised land?

I have never seen anyone in my 54 years of watching NFL grade a draft 5 weeks into season. 3 of the guys are hurt, 2 on IR. You blaming a GM for not having a crystal ball?

It's all good. Most of the Jets fans defending Idzik's incompetence were the same fans who were loving the moves that sunk this season (i.e. - passing on Cro, DRC or Revis for D'Mitri Patterson; passing on Desean Jackson for Jacoby Ford and David Nelson; using big bucks to sign Vick to be a backup).

Idzik's negligence and incompetence during the off-season is the #1 reason why we're going 4-12 this year. Instead of signing Revis or Cro and another WR like Desean Jackson the man sat on his hands and signed bargain bin trash like D'mitri Patterson and Jacoby Ford. We drafted defense in the first round the 50th year in a row and we didn't even take the right player. And then to top it all off the one big FA splash outside of Decker was Mike Vick and his $5 million deal. Rex and the coaching staff all need to go but I'm becoming a Giants fan if Idzik is allowed to stay and hire some scrub assistant from Seattle whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Pete Carroll.

Stop it. 

The theory is that the money will roll over and young guys like Wilkerson will get extensions without putting so much strain on the future cap.

Honestly, I am, for the most part, a cap idiot and I know this. It's not that hard to grasp.

they have 1 player worth planning for. That doesn't explain all cap room. Let's not pretend like there's a half dozen All Pros that need extensions. 1 guy (who they have under control until 2016) doesn't explain all the room.  they have the franchise tag too. 

I have never seen anyone in my 54 years of watching NFL grade a draft 5 weeks into season. 3 of the guys are hurt, 2 on IR. You blaming a GM for not having a crystal ball?

McDougle missed last year. He missed a year in high school. It's kinda what he does. 

The theory is that the money will roll over and young guys like Wilkerson will get extensions without putting so much strain on the future cap.

Honestly, I am, for the most part, a cap idiot and I know this. It's not that hard to grasp.

There is no reason to save money to give "young guys like Wilkerson" extensions.  WIlkerson is literally the only one worth keeping.  Who else do we even care about? Demario Davis?  The rest of those guys suck. 

they have 1 player worth planning for. That doesn't explain all cap room. Let's not pretend like there's a half dozen All Pros that need extensions. 1 guy (who they have under control until 2016) doesn't explain all the room.  they have the franchise tag too. 

I typed out my response and never hit send.  Basically what I was saying.  Save cap space for Jeremy Kerley?  Are people ******* kidding me?

What's your theory, that Woody is trying to win games by spending 30 million dollars less than everyone else? 

I don't have theory, I have facts. 

Facts are Woody had no role in the unspent 20+ million in Cap Space.  The GM he hired and put in charge of his football team was 100% responsible for that group of decisions.  And that GM caes about more than winning games in 2014, clearly.

I don't need to create conspiracy theories when the truth is so amazingly basic:  Idzik went cheap because Idzik missed a few players he wanted (1.) and because he wanted to save additional cap space to work with in 2015, after he saw what his first round of rebuilding did in 2014 (2.) 

Basic, standard, conservative GM stuff.  He tried to fix the roster with reasonable cost veterans to plug holes (and we had a lot of holes when he got the job).  He took a flier-of-opportunity on Geno, and that flier is going to last two years because why the **** not, it's not like there were ten Peyton Manning's just sitting there for him to acquire.  Was a good decision, just didn't work out because Geno is dogsh*t.  Idzik had one generally good draft and one generally bad draft, and the bad one is almost exclusively bad in the late rounds, where most drafts are bad.  Still, combined, the two drafts have netted a number of long-term Jets Starters, so it's hardly all bad.

Rex, in the one decision I think Woody WAS involved in, will be sh*t-canned, rightfully so because he's proven he runs an ineffective, outdated, undisciplined team, in a human clown-car as a Head Coach, and a guy whose system might have worked in 1978, but not in 2014. 

What is amazes me is how absolutely utterly average all this is for a team at the bottom.  Like, barely news, frankly. 

And yet some of you are running around making the wildest of wild conspiracy-like accusations, demanding owners be removed by the league (lol), and worse.

Relax, we're a bad team in transition.  We certainly might remain bad, and if we do, Idzik too will go.

But right now, Idzik will go into 2015 with a shiny new "his-guy" Head Coach, and a massive bucket of cash to throw at whomever he wants.

I don't have theory, I have facts.

Facts are Woody had no role in the unspent 20+ million in Cap Space. The GM he hired and put in charge of his football team was 100% responsible for that group of decisions. And that GM caes about more than winning games in 2014, clearly.

I don't need to create conspiracy theories when the truth is so amazingly basic: Idzik went cheap because Idzik missed a few players he wanted (1.) and because he wanted to save additional cap space to work with in 2015, after he saw what his first round of rebuilding did in 2014 (2.)

Basic, standard, conservative GM stuff. He tried to fix the roster with reasonable cost veterans to plug holes (and we had a lot of holes when he got the job). He took a flier-of-opportunity on Geno, and that flier is going to last two years because why the **** not, it's not like there were ten Peyton Manning's just sitting there for him to acquire. Was a good decision, just didn't work out because Geno is dogsh*t. Idzik had one generally good draft and one generally bad draft, and the bad one is almost exclusively bad in the late rounds, where most drafts are bad. Still, combined, the two drafts have netted a number of long-term Jets Starters, so it's hardly all bad.

Rex, in the one decision I think Woody WAS involved in, will be sh*t-canned, rightfully so because he's proven he runs an ineffective, outdated, undisciplined team, in a human clown-car as a Head Coach, and a guy whose system might have worked in 1978, but not in 2014.

What is amazes me is how absolutely utterly average all this is for a team at the bottom. Like, barely news, frankly.

And yet some of you are running around making the wildest of wild conspiracy-like accusations, demanding owners be removed by the league (lol), and worse.

Relax, we're a bad team in transition. We certainly might remain bad, and if we do, Idzik too will go.

But right now, Idzik will go into 2015 with a shiny new "his-guy" Head Coach, and a massive bucket of cash to throw at whomever he wants.

stop being so rational.

The confusing thing about this apparent conservative approach...why sign Vick? He clearly doesnt care....was this a ploy to get butts in seats? CJ too? Just a big name to sign for the hell of it?

Locking up a kicker too...

Because why the **** not?

1. We clearly needed a #2 QB.

2. Vick was the best (by most accounts) available on the market AND willing to be a #2.

3. Vick was affordable for a QB, especially in an era when your #1 is still on a low-cost Rookie deal.

4. Vick has history with the O-Co, successful history.

5. Vick was one of Geno's Idols, and Vick was viewed last year as a positive influence on the Eagles QB.

Signing Vick, much as I loathe him, was an almost no-brainer decision given this team and where it stood.  So much so most of us saw the signing coming from a mile away, frankly, I know I did (dreading it every second, because **** Vick that Dogkilling ****).

I know, with the glory of hindsight, we should have draft "whichever QB was in that draft who will be considered good ten years from now", or Idzik was an idiot.  Got it.

Because why the **** not?

1. We clearly needed a #2 QB.

2. Vick was the best (by most accounts) available on the market AND willing to be a #2.

3. Vick was affordable for a QB, especially in an era when your #1 is still on a low-cost Rookie deal.

4. Vick has history with the O-Co, successful history.

5. Vick was one of Geno's Idols, and Vick was viewed last year as a positive influence on the Eagles QB.

Signing Vick, much as I loathe him, was an almost no-brainer decision given this team and where it stood.  So much so most of us saw the signing coming from a mile away, frankly, I know I did (dreading it every second, because **** Vick that Dogkilling ****).

I know, with the glory of hindsight, we should have draft "whichever QB was in that draft who will be considered good ten years from now", or Idzik was an idiot.  Got it.

Because were paying him like he's a starter. 5 mil for one year? It doesnt add up.

My two cents: Idzik needed to get WR help on this team and proceeded to draft what is looking like 3 complete busts.  He didn't miss on 1 or 2, he missed on 3 WRs.  There are rookie WRs doing good things for various teams around the league and we picked 3 guys who can't get on the field and we're trotting out Nelson and Salas (again). 

That's my problem with Idzik. 

Because were paying him like he's a starter. 5 mil for one year? It doesnt add up.

Again, so?

5 mil for one year is nothing, especially a year in which we have room to work and out young test-drive starter makes very, very little.

It adds up just fine.  If you know anything about math, that is.

Typical Jets Fan, we get the best available, most O-Co and system appropriate, #2 QB, a desperate need given Geno last year.....and somehow it's still was wrong (in hindsight only, of course).

Actually, Idzik signed Vick just to piss you off.  He'll be pleased when I tell him how well it worked.

To say  "Didn't know he was this bad"  in regards to Cromartie's season   borders  on silly.   He and Peterson so far this season are in the conversation for the best CB tandem in the NFL.   Yes they are both off a very bad game, but they are on a team that plays mostly man coverage, with a high blitz % much like Rex's D.  

They are 3-1 and before last week  were beating some pretty good QB's.   Lets see what Manning and Demaryius Thomas do to his replacement Patterson this week..............Oh wait

So now Peterson is in the mix,  a guy who could never have been signed by the JETS. Cro was torched for 200 yards last week against Manning. I am glad he is not here. Now our DB's may not be stellar this year due to injury et al but we are finding out a lot of the young talent we have. Allen displayed some moxie at CB position with very little reps. In the long run we are better served. Short term you can crib and cry.

Again, so?

5 mil for one year is nothing, especially a year in which we have room to work and out young test-drive starter makes very, very little.

It adds up just fine. If you know anything about math, that is.

Typical Jets Fan, we get the best available, most O-Co and system appropriate, #2 QB, a desperate need given Geno last year.....and somehow it's still was wrong (in hindsight only, of course).

Actually, Idzik signed Vick just to piss you off. He'll be pleased when I tell him how well it worked.

What is wrong with you? If you want to be a cocksucker bark up another tree.

Archived