How's everyone gonna' feel when Bill Belichick retires

AFJF

It's starting to look like that's the popular opinion.

I hate BB as much as the next guy, but the last time he didn't have Brady he won 11 games with a guy who hadn't started a football game since HS.

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow cheated his way to the 11 wins, but he still get 'em and they still count.  Whatever he's doing that's against the rules is likely being passed down to his kid. 

I hate BB as much as the next guy, but the last time he didn't have Brady he won 11 games with a guy who hadn't started a football game since HS.

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow cheated his way to the 11 wins, but he still get 'em and they still count.  Whatever he's doing that's against the rules is likely being passed down to his kid. 

They won 11 games, but missed the playoffs and didnt win the division for the first time in forever and Cassel was taking over the best offense in the history of the league from the year before.  Also, that D was still stacked, Brusci, Vrabel, Seymour, Harrison, Warren, Thomas, Wilfork, etc.

Cassel also went on to win 10 games with the Chiefs so its not like BB was the only won to get wins out of him.

BB will retire with Brady because he knows damn well he owes his career to him and is a complete and utter failure without him.

His sons success will hinge on whether or not he can luck out on a 6th round project qb who somehow is actually one of the best ever

This!

I don't care who's their coach - if they have an all time great QB he'll win - if he doesn't have a franchise QB they won't.  

IMHO Bellichick is incredibly overrated. As a HC he has a losing record without Brady yet outside of this board it's never even mentioned.

41 wins and 55 losses...

Year Regular Season Post Season Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win %
Result
CLE 1991 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC Central – – – –
CLE 1992 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central – – – –
CLE 1993 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central – – – –
CLE 1994 11 5 0 .688 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
CLE 1995 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC Central – – – –
CLE Total 36 44 0 .450   1 1 .500  
NE 2000 5 11 0 .313 5th in AFC East

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow cheated his way to the 11 wins, but he still get 'em and they still count. Whatever he's doing that's against the rules is likely being passed down to his kid.

oy!... ridiculously weak schedule... which is why they missed playoffs and Miami got in only to be made to look like a peewee team...

Archived