Play clock

JetPotato

The play clock ran out on Taylor & the Bills like 4 times & they were called for one because Sheldon forced them to call it by pointing & waiving his arms! No way in hell Bowles didn't send those tapes to the league for scrutiny. 

Explain this "rule" to me again? I can't link to the video, but I saw on FB this morning that right before the Pats final FG, the play clock reset from 10 to 25. Can't find on YouTube either, but I know this has happened multiple times.

If it is on Facebook.......:rolleyes:

This seems to be an issue throughout the league, not just the Pats.  QBs pushing their hand up asking for a reset.  Refs always seem to grant the reset for some reason.  My guess is the officials grant it, as the league favors the offense, more points, etc.  The media and fans are scrutinizing this big time this season, I expect changes next season.  A lot of scrutiny last year over pick plays and Offensive pass interference.  The league has certainly taken notice this year.  You see offensive interference called every game now.

Explain this "rule" to me again? I can't link to the video, but I saw on FB this morning that right before the Pats final FG, the play clock reset from 10 to 25. Can't find on YouTube either, but I know this has happened multiple times.

This is actually not even the only issue. The other thing, which I still have not seen anyone except for myself pick up on, is this:

The Patriots called their first timeout with 2:10 seconds left in the 4Q after the play which resulted in a 1st and goal for the Giants. This led to a commercial break. After the commercial break, the Giants ran the ball into the line on 1st down, and Patriots burned another timeout. Look up at the clock, and it shows 2:10. 

So I went back on my DVR, and noticed that sometime during the commercial break, the clock was adjusted to 2:14 going into that first down play. There was no explanation given inside the stadium by the refs, nor to the TV audience via broadcast. The announcers didn't even mention it. 

Granted, the Giants lost that game on the two things that's always haunted them in the Coughlin/Eli era: punt coverage and crunch time clock mismanagement, but even if we were to keep the rest of the Giants play sequence the same, those 4 seconds before the 2 minute warning actually ended up giving the Patriots an additional 35 seconds on the other side of the 2 minute warning. As we all know, those 35 seconds were pretty helpful to them.

So, where did those 4 seconds come from? No outlet or sports writeup or fan has picked up on this, so I can't find an explanation. I'm sure it's probably something as innocuous as the refs didn't hear/see the initial timeout signal from the Pats or whatever, but regardless - it's always something with these Patriots.

This is actually not even the only issue. The other thing, which I still have not seen anyone except for myself pick up on, is this:

The Patriots called their first timeout with 2:10 seconds left in the 4Q after the play which resulted in a 1st and goal for the Giants. This led to a commercial break. After the commercial break, the Giants ran the ball into the line on 1st down, and Patriots burned another timeout. Look up at the clock, and it shows 2:10. 

So I went back on my DVR, and noticed that sometime during the commercial break, the clock was adjusted to 2:14 going into that first down play. There was no explanation given inside the stadium by the refs, nor to the TV audience via broadcast. The announcers didn't even mention it. 

Granted, the Giants lost that game on the two things that's always haunted them in the Coughlin/Eli era: punt coverage and crunch time clock mismanagement, but even if we were to keep the rest of the Giants play sequence the same, those 4 seconds before the 2 minute warning actually ended up giving the Patriots an additional 35 seconds on the other side of the 2 minute warning. As we all know, those 35 seconds were pretty helpful to them.

So, where did those 4 seconds come from? No outlet or sports writeup or fan has picked up on this, so I can't find an explanation. I'm sure it's probably something as innocuous as the refs didn't hear/see the initial timeout signal from the Pats or whatever, but regardless - it's always something with these Patriots.

They said on SNY last night that the Giants have lost 4 games this year when they had the lead with 2 min left in the 4th quarter..:wacko:

Are you people taking crazy pills?

First, the league, which seems hell bent on boning the Patriots, are in control of the clock.  Not the visiting Patriots nor even the home team Giants.  How did the Patriots cheat?

Second, the clock on TV is not the official game clock. 

Third, did the clock even reset from the previous play? 

Seeing Allen does the ref signal for reset, I am guessing the clock person did not reset the game clock.

I am sure they Patriots called in mother nature to blow from the west so Gostowkowski's FG did not hook to far left.  :rolleyes:

First, the league, which seems hell bent on boning the Patriots, are in control of the clock.  Not the visiting Patriots nor even the home team Giants.  How did the Patriots cheat?

Seeing Allen does the ref signal for reset, I am guessing the clock person did not reset the game clock.

I am sure they Patriots called in mother nature to blow from the west so Gostowkowski's FG did not hook to far left.  :rolleyes:

you guys cheat.

Pats fans insecurities coupled with their OCD need for validation from other fans is delicious. 

I could give an oven baked sh*t about JN opinion of the Patriots.

And..... where am I wrong?

You COULD?!?!?

Really though. You claim you don't care about "JN opinion", but then ask me where you're wrong. Like....forcereal?

Insecure much? Not getting the validation you need so you come to a Jets message board and directly ask an anonymous Jets fan for one? 

Wake me up when Brady and/or Belichick win something without a cloud of cheating/skirting/dishonesty hanging over their heads.

You might be the dumbest, most insecure person I have ever come across.

No objective person watches the NFL and thinks the league is "hell bent on boning the Patriots". That's just your paranoia bred out of a self-inflicted reputation that the Pats have earned. If anything, they get away with more than other teams.

The point of this thread was to ask for a clarification on the rule behind what happened. There is no questioning that the clock was reset from 25 to 10 seconds. There is video proof. Only a dope can't see past that. This is something that has happened in multiple games for multiple teams. Your head is so far up Brady's ass that you can't be bothered to understand that.

This is about why. That's all. Get over yourself. You sound like a child.

the league bones the Pats by letting them be champions, despite rampant cheating 

Pats fans get to be both victims and champions it's the most Boston thing ever 

Boston sports fans- specifically (but not limited to) the millennial variety- are just the absolute worst. 

Walking around as insecure as humanely possible by wearing superbowl champion hats and tshirts just to announce to their fellow bostonians that they're of the same kind and can validate and comfort each other as they search for that type of grounding elsewhere in their lives.

They play the brave face of arrogant champions until someone calls them on it and uses anything higher than an 8th grade equivalency to prove them wrong, to which they cry the victim.

For, to them, their sports teams' success is their own success, and regardless of every other reason why they're absolute losers in life, they are still winners overcoming all odds, because tom brady is a winner despite the entire league conspiring against him. And tom brady lives in every one of them.

This is the new age of boston sports fans.

Boston sports fans- specifically (but not limited to) the millennial variety- are just the absolute worst. 

Walking around as insecure as humanely possible by wearing superbowl champion hats and tshirts just to announce to their fellow bostonians that they're of the same kind and can validate and comfort each other as they search for that type of grounding elsewhere in their lives.

They play the brave face of arrogant champions until someone calls them on it and uses anything higher than an 8th grade equivalency to prove them wrong, to which they cry the victim.

For, to them, their sports teams' success is their own success, and regardless of every other reason why they're absolute losers in life, they are still winners overcoming all odds, because tom brady is a winner despite the entire league conspiring against him. And tom brady lives in every one of them.

This is the new age of boston sports fans.

Nothing new about it. It's been around for as long as the Red Sox and their imaginary "rivalry" with the Yankees.

Please bring store bought cookies to the JN Christmas party.

Of course. 

the league bones the Pats by letting them be champions, despite rampant cheating 

Pats fans get to be both victims and champions it's the most Boston thing ever 

Is this NY calling the kettle black?

The Ref has the discretion to add more time to the play clock.

All teams get that benefit.

Archived