Jets Raise 2016 Ticket Prices

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

1)"Good for u that u like them. I wish I did"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Value & Joy is relative.

2)"all the same resale value wise. The mezzanine is just too far away from the field to charge a premium price."

That's your first mistake right there. You'll never make your $ back and shouldn't expect to in a stadium w/80K seating capacity.  The "LIVE viewing experience" will always be trumped when compared to watching it at home on a flatscreen 4K w/all your home amenities. The REAL value of Season Tickets is intrinsic. I actually enjoy Tailgating and being able to/legally Yell my Lungs Out every game more than (up until this year, and ESPECIALLY compared to the '11,'12,'13,&'14 seasons) the actual PLAY & PRODUCT that was on the field. I got to, and still do when I attend all 10 games, realize my childhood dream. 

3)"As far as expensing them, that's cool I guess. Helps u justify anyway. Still have to pay for them though."

Like everything in life, there is a price that has to be paid.

4)"You u by any chance SARS 2nd handle . . . and u2 sound the same."

Fừck You for that statement. :-) I know who I am and don't need to belittle others to validate myself. I can't speak for him or the likelihood most would agree with what I just stated in the previous sentence.

Fair points. 

I love going  Tailgating, and yelling my lungs out also. I have been doing all those things for many years. But u don't need to pay a inflated price, bs psl, or pay full price for pre-season to do those things. For the 171/ per ticket I pay, I'd rather go to 5 games rather than 8 and sit in a good seat, and skip the preseason costs. The things u stated u love about going can be had without a season ticket. So where is the real value of having season tix for a team that doesn't sell out?

It does really bug me that when I sell for my sons football game I loose $ 

I apologize for the sar comment. And I'm glad u enjoy your seats. Enjoy the season.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Section 333 said:

There goes Sars main psl justification. 

Nope.

Read post above.  The past 7 years, had I paid an average of $50 more per seat per game, completely rational number considering how ticket prices had risen in the years prior in an ancient stadium, that's $3,500.  My PSL cost $4,000.

PSL's never happened. Investment Gold, indeed.

SAR I

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!!!

I love the view from your seats, but of the 4 corners we had the best view in 232A in OT against NE, Decker literally ran right at us.  That photo is from Row 10.  I almost fell out of my seat in Row 1.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nope.

Read post above.  The past 7 years, had I paid an average of $50 more per seat per game, completely rational number considering how ticket prices had risen in the years prior in an ancient stadium, that's $3,500.  My PSL cost $4,000.

PSL's never happened. Investment Gold, indeed.

SAR I

U wanna bring up that because of the psl u would have paid 50 / game more ?U can say that all u want, bottom line is your sh*t seats aren't worth the 125, let alone the xtra 50 per game. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

232ANENYJ_zpsxsphzdpc.jpg

I love the view from your seats, but of the 4 corners we had the best view in 232A in OT against NE, Decker literally ran right at us.  That photo is from Row 10.  I almost fell out of my seat in Row 1.

SAR I

U almost fell out of your seat cause u were squinting hard to see the ants that are 2 miles away from the god awefull mezzanine.

1 minute ago, Section 333 said:

U wanna bring up that because of the psl u would have paid 50 / game more ?U can say that all u want, bottom line is your sh*t seats aren't worth the 125, let alone the xtra 50 per game. 

Can you type English perhaps?

The Jets easily could have charged us all $50 to $75 more per seat per game simply based on the fact that we moved from the old Giants Stadium dump to a brand new facility.  Instead, they didn't raise tickets one penny.  That matters, matters a lot.  In effect, all the PSL noise was about nothing, not only was it chump change for 14,000 New Yorkers but it was almost completely mitigated by a price freeze for 7 years.  I've been worried about the first increase, thought it might happen now as we bounced back to a 10 win club.

And it's $5.  LOL.  A MetLife pretzel costs more.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Fair points. 

I love going  Tailgating, and yelling my lungs out also. I have been doing all those things for many years. But u don't need to pay a inflated price, bs psl, or pay full price for pre-season to do those things. For the 171/ per ticket I pay, I'd rather go to 5 games rather than 8 and sit in a good seat, and skip the preseason costs. The things u stated u love about going can be had without a season ticket. So where is the real value of having season tix for a team that doesn't sell out?

It does really bug me that when I sell for my sons football game I loose $ 

I apologize for the sar comment. And I'm glad u enjoy your seats. Enjoy the season.

That's the ULTIMATE choice you have to make every year upon renewal (I know I've debated it at times) and the BEAUTY of STUBHUB nowadays to CherryPick the games WORTH seeing in person. The Price is accordingly at a premium in that SAME regard when you do StubHub.

The REAL VALUE of being a STH is intrinsic -  "determined through fundamental analysis without reference to its market value." You can't look at it through a $ point of view, you'll always lose out that way.

The REAL VALUE for me is that the 6 year old kid from Marble Hill in the Bronx still inside of me gets to see the NewYorkJets LIVE IN PERSON instead of a fuzzy rabbit ears antenna in a household full of Giants fans.

Enjoy the season PSL brother, and stop by for a beer & a J-E-T-S cheer on me.

Enjoy the season as well. 

2 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

U almost fell out of your seat cause u were squinting hard to see the ants that are 2 miles away from the god awefull mezzanine.

Mezz A corner seats are amongst the best in the house from a view/value standpoint, I'm thrilled to own them.  Most importantly, I'm thankful for having the choice of any seat in the building I wanted after decades of being blocked out by squatters and scalpers in the old place.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Mezz A corner seats are amongst the best in the house from a view/value standpoint, I'm thrilled to own them.  Most importantly, I'm thankful for having the choice of any seat in the building I wanted after decades of being blocked out by squatters and scalpers in the old place.

SAR I

ugh . . . . let's not bicker over trivial and SUBJECTIVE matter. But I MUST concur with the above statement. 

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

ugh . . . . let's not bicker over trivial and SUBJECTIVE matter. But I MUST concur with the above statement. 

120620-300-level-landing-header-low-as-5

But be careful; the folks in the 300s who sit 200 feet above us with an oxygen tank and a telescope paying popcorn money for tickets don't like our view. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

This year's opponents are really prime and we are coming off a winning season even though we didn't make the playoffs. Timing makes sense if you ask me but the problem is, the ticket prices are pretty expensive as it is so they should first find a good starting point before talking price increase. 

Besides the Seahawks who else is a big draw?

10 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Of course I don't like paying more for my seats, but for me it's a $3 increase. I can live with that. If we were talking $10, $15, $20 increase then I might consider possibly giving them up. 

But for 2016 I will be there every week in 347 getting loud

I keep having visions in my head of Joe Nolan saying "and that is a Jets first dowwwnnnnnnn" and then I lead us in the J E T S JETS JETS JETS chant.  Anyone on this board looking for reasonably priced tickets in a fun section come to 347.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

So my total invoice for two lower level end zone seats is now $3004 including green parking.

Add in the yearly PSL stuff and I can say that these tickets are expensive.

Money bags.  Does this mean you're going to ask me for my email address to sell to some marketing company?

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But be careful; the folks in the 300s who sit 200 feet above us with an oxygen tank and a telescope paying popcorn money for tickets don't like our view. 

SAR I

Meh, I've sat in both, for the extra$ believe me, yours aren't much better. Actually a 300 level seat 1st 7 rows between the 40s are actually much better than mine or yours. Which is why yours can had tomorrow but the 300 prime are sold out!

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I sit in the upper level and never complained about people having PSLs.  We live in the USA spend your money how you wish. 

If you weren't such a pompous ass I wouldn't be so tempted to post your job here again.  There are no legal implications for me doing so.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

when was the last price increase ?

jets are middle of the pack in cost http://247wallst.com/media/2015/10/23/the-nfls-most-expensive-and-cheapest-tickets/

The price increase wasn't so much in the PER TICKET cost to get IN the new stadium, as it was the "privilege" to have a right to BUY the the ticket. 

Like a club, the cost of drinks were relatively the same, but the COVER PRICE to GET THROUGH the DOOR went up. 

Sucks, but as @Lot K Tailgaters accurately stated, free country in how one chooses to dispense their capital. 

40 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Besides the Seahawks who else is a big draw?

Baltimore fans are HARD CORE and most likely will train/drive up the mere 5 hours. 

I have a feeling Long Lost L.A. Rams fans/LA Tools in general, will want to "rep" their newfound team and wack ass city. "Cali Hella represent, yo!"

Indy fans travel well and the 1 hour flight isn't too much of an obstacle for them. I recall a fair number of them showing up for the Preseason game alone. should be the Indianapolis Cults. :-) 

37 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Meh, I've sat in both, for the extra$ believe me, yours aren't much better. Actually a 300 level seat 1st 7 rows between the 40s are actually much better than mine or yours. Which is why yours can had tomorrow but the 300 prime are sold out!

I don't know how old you are, but from 1988 to 2001 I could not get season tickets to the Jets, was on a God forsaken waiting list, was at the mercy of scalpers and brokers, spent an average of one Sunday a year wandering around a parking lot in New Jersey looking for a ticket and driving home empty handed, listening to the first half on a scratchy radio.

We should all be happy.  You and I have seats we love at prices we think are reasonable.  Tens of thousands of Jets fans paid a high price for the freedoms you enjoy now.  No need to be nasty. 

SAR I

Everyone should send emails to their representatives on the ticket renewal link and tell them to credit their Rewards points towards their season tickets bill . I did this yesterday and the rep called me back in two hours telling me it couldn't be done . I laughed in his face and said "I TOOK A SHOT " . Everyone should pound them with emails since the reps have to respond . The Rewards program is garbage and they should be made aware of this .

34 minutes ago, no psls said:

Everyone should send emails to their representatives on the ticket renewal link and tell them to credit their Rewards points towards their season tickets bill . I did this yesterday and the rep called me back in two hours telling me it couldn't be done . I laughed in his face and said "I TOOK A SHOT " . Everyone should pound them with emails since the reps have to respond . The Rewards program is garbage and they should be made aware of this .

People care about rewards programs enough to actually get this angry?  We should bombard the Jets about a plastic mug that we can buy at Modells for $4?

This should be a day of recognition, of thanks to Woody Johnson and the NY Jets for keeping our ticket prices this low for so long.  When the Jets raised my mezzanine ticket prices from $80 to $125 in an 8 year period in an ancient stadium, there was no outrage, no one said a word.  Now the Jets are raising my mezzanine ticket prices from $125 to $130 after a 7 year period of no increases in a brand new stadium and everyone's upset?

#jetslivesmatter

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

People care about rewards programs enough to actually get this angry?  We should bombard the Jets about a plastic mug that we can buy at Modells for $4?

This should be a day of recognition, of thanks to Woody Johnson and the NY Jets for keeping our ticket prices this low for so long.  When the Jets raised my mezzanine ticket prices from $80 to $125 in an 8 year period in an ancient stadium, there was no outrage, no one said a word.  Now the Jets are raising my mezzanine ticket prices from $125 to $130 after a 7 year period of no increases in a brand new stadium and everyone's upset?

#jetslivesmatter

SAR I

Thank Woody for what ? NO PLAYOFFS FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS ? **** HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look at this as a greedy gesture by the ownership of the New York Jets and whoever else is in charge. The team has not been to the playoffs since 2010. I get it that they were 10-6 but they still didn't make the playoffs. I also get it that the NFL is a business that always wants to make money. I sincerely hope that they are relevant next season as well because next years schedule is tougher. If last seasons success was a mirage then it will be "Same Old Jets" all over again. Whatever happens happens I have seen this over and over again. I expect playoffs but if it doesn't happen again for them then I will wonder what the heck else needs to go right.

4 hours ago, no psls said:

Thank Woody for what ? NO PLAYOFFS FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS ? **** HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weren't you one of the Rex Ryan lovers who didn't want Woody to let him go 3 years ago like he should have?

SAR I

Archived