Fanbase's reaction to a rebuild

UnitedWhofans

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You're joking.

I'm not.

Are you referring to Revis?  maybe Fitz?  

Not sure.  Because I dont know that Fitz was unanimous.  I sure as hell didnt want do anything with him and so did half this board.  And I remember plenty of us debating that Revis once again, wasnt worth QB money.  That and he retired. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

What has happened in the Mac tenure that was a PR move? 

Fitz is prime example.  The only reason to have brought him back was to satisfy that fan base and keep the team somewhat competitive.   They are rebuilding...we should be seeing what our younger QB's are worth.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

lol, and someone is sitting in 'your' seat next week.

The stadium treats fans like criminals because they act like criminals. I went to a PRE-SEASON game and people were fighting in the stands as if the game meant something AND that they weren't ALL Jets fans. They throw ice-balls at players and fans. they sexually harass women. you name it, and the fans at NFL games do it.

Seen some dumb stuff, but that's at every event where people gather and drink. People sadly do get drunk and fight. Truth is there is way more drinking at any concert than at any football game. And it's not close. 

The ice balls specifically was a Giants/Chargers game.

And the PC "women were harassed!" was nonsense. First, some local strip joint had a few skanks do a show in the parking lot. And then a few other ladies (may be some of the same ladies) under no force nor coercion choose to put on a show by removing their shirts in the spirals between halves. it wasn't PG entertainment, but to date nobody was arrested.Both might have been embarrassing, but enough with the whiny BS.  Apparently in 2016 babies are now conceived immaculately and seeing a topless woman makes some men scared. What a collection of complete pussies. 

My point is when you treat fans at every point as marks to be fleeced and inmates to be penned in, don't be shocked if they act exactly like prison inmates. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Seen some dumb stuff, but that's at every event where people gather and drink. People sadly do get drunk and fight. Truth is there is way more drinking at any concert than at any football game. And it's not close. 

The ice balls specifically was a Giants/Chargers game.

And the PC "women were harassed!" was nonsense. First, some local strip joint had a few skanks do a show in the parking lot. And then a few other ladies (may be some of the same ladies) under no force nor coercion choose to put on a show by removing their shirts in the spirals between halves. it wasn't PG entertainment, but to date nobody was arrested.Both might have been embarrassing, but enough with the whiny BS.  Apparently in 2016 babies are now conceived immaculately and seeing a topless woman makes some men scared. What a collection of complete pussies. 

My point is when you treat fans at every point as marks to be fleeced and inmates to be penned in, don't be shocked if they act exactly like prison inmates. 

Hmm, your point seems to suggest that fans at NFL games have no free will to act with dignity and class. I've been to games and haven't harassed anyone or gotten into a single fight. Then again, I haven't gotten blitzkrieg drunk either.

Bottom line: you act like a criminal and you're treated like one. Being at an entertainment venue doesn't give anyone the right to commit criminal acts, only college does.

Get CHAN GAILEY out of there!!!! Offensive Coordinator my a$$ !!! born in 1952 Old as dirt , his eyes are crossed.. I DON'T CARE he COACHED IN ONE SUPER BOWL !! I then wonder why we have horrible plays! I wonder why the plays that work are switched up none stop! No one is looking at the Offensive Coordinator !! The BILLS fired theirs and they game out like a whole new team with new plays!! and made REX and his brother look like Born Winners!! GET CHAN GAILEY OUT OF THERE.. YES I SAID IT!! GET HIM OUT OF THERE !!!! 

1 minute ago, JaimWang said:

Get CHAN GAILEY out of there!!!! Offensive Coordinator my a$$ !!! born in 1952 Old as dirt , his eyes are crossed.. I DON'T CARE he COACHED IN ONE SUPER BOWL !! I then wonder why we have horrible plays! I wonder why the plays that work are switched up none stop! No one is looking at the Offensive Coordinator !! The BILLS fired theirs and they game out like a whole new team with new plays!! and made REX and his brother look like Born Winners!! GET CHAN GAILEY OUT OF THERE.. YES I SAID IT!! GET HIM OUT OF THERE !!!! 

Strikes me as ageist

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Or maybe, it's both.  Fans were fed up with Idzik, and Idzik blew back to back drafts.

Maybe I'm giving Woody too much credit but I highly doubt a banner flying over the practice field made him realize that Idzick was a bum.  I'm pretty sure all he had to do was look at the product being the least talented teams in Football for 2 straight seasons in a row to figure that out. 

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Hmm, your point seems to suggest that fans at NFL games have no free will to act with dignity and class. I've been to games and haven't harassed anyone or gotten into a single fight. Then again, I haven't gotten blitzkrieg drunk either.

Bottom line: you act like a criminal and you're treated like one. Being at an entertainment venue doesn't give anyone the right to commit criminal acts, only college does.

Yes, they have free will. Again,if you treat your customers as badly as the Jets do, don't be shocked when they return the favor.

26 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Are you seriously going to defend Idzik?

Wait, we borrow $12mil from future cap years just to reach 6 or 7 wins? Interesting theory, except that bs. Rebuilds work totally the other way around. The way we are now, 2017 seems like a year we will be rebuilding in when we'll have no cap and QB. Whether you like it or not. Unless Fitz is benched and Petty comes in and plays well. 

5 million in future cap

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Someone said it was 5 million in cap for next year

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/23/ap-source-jets-restructure-carpenters-contract/82181868/

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_restructure_buster_skrines_contract_to_create.html

Im guessing you think Jets could've managed just fine without these restructures.

Just now, j4jets said:

You mentioned Fitzpatrick only. There is no proof that those were just for Fitzpatrick

Just the thought of having Macc & his scouts here for those Idzik drafts makes me wish there was time travel. A blind monkey throwing darts at a pre draft magazine could have drafted better than Idzik. Anyone of us closing our eyes & picking random names from ESPNs best available board would probably of had better results.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fitz is prime example.  The only reason to have brought him back was to satisfy that fan base and keep the team somewhat competitive.   They are rebuilding...we should be seeing what our younger QB's are worth.

Bowles named Fitz the starter the day after the choke job in Buffalo.  How was that a PR move?  They played "hardball" with him leaving the fans out to dry for 90% of the offseason.  And the fan base was clearly divided on if they should have brought him back and so was the National Media for the most part.  Many guys out there thought they should revisit Geno and move on from Fitz.  

The roster is loaded.  Far from a rebuild.  The only glaring hole is QB.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is why the Jets are where they are.

Pure and simple. You cant have a proper rebuild in NY. Idzik tried that and the fans wanted him out of there.

Idzik's problem was he drafted poorly. I think he would ok if he didn't bust on almost every pick he made aside from Richardson(suspension issues) and Enunwa.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You mentioned Fitzpatrick only. There is no proof that those were just for Fitzpatrick

Like I said:

Im guessing you think Jets could've managed just fine without these restructures.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Progress is not signing a 34 year old journeyman bum QB progress is a rookie making mistakes and learning from them for the future. 

Progress is drafting a rookie QB every season until you get one that hits, Progress is bringing in big name veterans to teach the young talent that you get in the draft. Progress is not throwing the season away before it starts so that you can draft a guy who might end up being okay to be your franchise qb. Fitz is here so we can fill every hole while we wait for our franchise QB instead of getting that franchise QB on a roster of bad players so we can ruin their confidence and have our fan base boo them out of NY

Archived