Fitzmagic 2.0

jetsfan719

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The only game they lose is in New England.  Fitz 2.0 time.  

iBelieve! 

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Eek... I see them at 5-5 at the bye, 5-6 after they lose to the pats, possibly 7-6 as they beat two of the worst defenses in the league... And then the final stretch... All division games.... I think they lose them all.... finish 7-9...

Funny, so I actually think if they go 7-6 and have 3 games left Miami at home, @NE and Bills at home, they only lose the NE game away. There's too much on the line to lose the Miami game at home, NE is just too good to beat and the Jets will absolutely not let history repeat itself by losing in week 17 against the Bills and REX, ruining their playoff chances. At home, no less. That would put them at 9-7 with a shot at the wild card. 

Now, my concern is that the Jets lose one of the 'winable games' down the line. The margin of error is just so slim having lost 5 of their first 6 games. 

I'm gonna stay optimistic and go with 9-7 as my final prediction. I think they lose both Pats games and win the rest. But it will be really tough to do that and very much unlikely. Odds are they give a valiant effort but lose the Pats games and lose another random game they 'should' have won (maybe @SF) ending up 8-8, out of the playoffs and selecting somewhere in the late teens of the draft.       

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

You're good at sarcasm. Congrats.

And you're seemingly not very good at playing NFL General Manager.

Respectfully, dumping our three most talented players on the Offense is not how you improve a team, or protect a young developing Quarterback (like Petty, or Hack, or some other forthcoming Draft Pick).

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I too want to cut most of the talent we have on Offense for being supportive of their QB.

We're definitely better off with a cadre of young undrafted free agent WR's and just some guy at Center.

Because :Fitz:

And please, spare em the "it can't get worse" predictable reply.  It can, and it would.  Our "young" WR"s outside of Enunwa have been generally pretty weak in 2016 to-date, and Marshall-the-Younger's fumbleits cost us at least one win.

I wonder how many games Fitz cost? Hmmm...

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

So much more to hang on to, Fitzpatrick's stats are bad enough, no need to paint him as selfish and disloyal as those are two of his four strengths.

And when we are 5-5 in a few weeks, all shall be forgiven methinks.

SAR I

I guess. I would also assume that we could win our next 3 and go 5-5 as I watch Jets fans forgive Fitz, or should I say, ignore the fact that he would have played 4 teams below .500 in a row and pulled off wins. 

If that's not "Fitzpatrick 2.0", I dont know what is. lol. 

I'll be taking this one game at a time though. Knowing Fitzpatrick's history, he plays sh*tty after signing a big contract. I wouldnt be surprised if Cleveland's first win is against us given that Fitz cant do anything in the 2nd half of a football game. That didnt change. What did he do in the Ravens game in the second half? He completed 1 of 6 right? 

I guess that's better than 0 of 6 with an interception....so I guess its progress. 

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I'm sorry did you even listen to what he said and the context in which he said it?? It had nothing to do with the Jets Organization at all... He was speaking his mind that over the years when an owner, GM and Head Coach give up on you, you have to believe in yourself.  He wasn't condemning anyone. He was answering a question by saying you have to believe in yourself even if others don't...

I watched the post game presser and even posted it here on the forum. Hey, im used to watching Jets fans explain things away with players that they like yet condemn those they dont. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The way Geno was using Twitter wasn't exactly setting a high benchmark for "respecting the organization". 

Okay, but it surely wasnt "disrespecting the organization". Obviously a difference. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

You have an odd idea as to what disrespect means, or how a pro would take such comments.  You're far more butthurt than anyone IN the Jets Organization was.

The only thing im hurt over is watching the Jets resign this guy for 12 million instead of trading Wilkerson for Mike Glennon and some picks. 

Now we have the worst starting QB in the league at the helm again who's obviously made a deal with the devil given how other QB's around this joker continues to get hurt and our defense plays like crap anytime we try to force Wilkerson/Richardson/Williams on the field at the same time. 

It doesnt hurt my anus, but it does hurt my heart. 

There are multiple roster issues than just the QB position. Macc seems to have flown under the radar because of the QB situation. 

Our secondary is a hot mess our RB depth is non existent we are playing musical chairs with our LBer's and we failed to address the TE position until weeks ago. 

Is that the sign of a good GM. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There are multiple roster issues than just the QB position. Macc seems to have flown under the radar because of the QB situation. 

Our secondary is a hot mess our RB depth is non existent we are playing musical chairs with our LBer's and we failed to address the TE position until weeks ago. 

Is that the sign of a good GM. 

You forgot the Oline...the biggest problem on this team by far. Has to be addressed hard in FA and draft.

40 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I guess. I would also assume that we could win our next 3 and go 5-5 as I watch Jets fans forgive Fitz, or should I say, ignore the fact that he would have played 4 teams below .500 in a row and pulled off wins.

If that's not "Fitzpatrick 2.0", I dont know what is. lol.

Bingo, exactly right. 

Once you resign yourself to the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback we could get to lead us to dominance over .500-and-under teams you begin to 1) understand last year and 2) see why we might be headed towards 7 or 8 wins this year.  The schedule is now set up for our defense to dominate weak offenses, our head coach's liabilities to be mitigated by weakly coached opponents, our running back to find daylight against weak defensive lines, and our quarterback to game manage all of the above.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo, exactly right. 

Once you resign yourself to the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback we could get to lead us to dominance over .500-and-under teams you begin to 1) understand last year and 2) see why we might be headed towards 7 or 8 wins this year.  The schedule is now set up for our defense to dominate weak offenses, our head coach's liabilities to be mitigated by weakly coached opponents, our running back to find daylight against weak defensive lines, and our quarterback to game manage all of the above.

SAR I

If not Fitzpatrick gets benched for a rookie and the Fitzpatrick era will be finally over here. 

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

You forgot the Oline...the biggest problem on this team by far. Has to be addressed hard in FA and draft.

The O-line is so far from the biggest problem on this team...I would make the argument that other than d-line the 0line is the least of our problems. 

While it's far from great, it's solid.  QB's have been given enough time be successful and holes are there for the RB's..We happen to have crappy QB play and a 30 year old RB that has clearly lost his burst.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I too want to cut most of the talent we have on Offense for being supportive of their QB.

We're definitely better off with a cadre of young undrafted free agent WR's and just some guy at Center.

Because :Fitz:

And please, spare em the "it can't get worse" predictable reply.  It can, and it would.  Our "young" WR"s outside of Enunwa have been generally pretty weak in 2016 to-date, and Marshall-the-Younger's fumbleits cost us at least one win.

Yeah, it's a mindset that seems to amount to any change is good, let's burn it all down with no real plan other than getting rid of those guys.  It's almost, or in fact is, nihilistic.

Kind of reminds me of... Nevermind.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The O-line is so far from the biggest problem on this team...I would make the argument that other than d-line the 0line is the least of our problems. 

While it's far from great, it's solid.  QB's have been given enough time be successful and holes are there for the RB's..We happen to have crappy QB play and a 30 year old RB that has clearly lost his burst.

If you don't think the Oline needs to be revamped, then I guess we are watching different teams.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Until we find a franchise QB or something close we will not be satisfied with Ryan Fitzpatrick he's not the answer. 

You guys will keep on doing what you do because it's what you do.  But I don't see the point about all this Fitz hate whining.  Whatever chance there was that the Jets would bring him back on another one year deal  next year is now between slim and none, and would even then depend entirely on a level of Qb play I don't think he's capable of.  You certainly don't think he's capable of that, either.

So what's the point of the whining?  It's not Fitz's fault that Smith got hurt. 

Some people just have to vent, I guess.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

If you don't think the Oline needs to be revamped, then I guess we are watching different teams.

getting revamped is one thing - but the play has been solid this year.  We aren't 2-5 because of poor 0-line play.

We are because our DB's can't cover anyone..our QB stinks and our vaunted D-line hasn't put consistent pressure on QB's...

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If not Fitzpatrick gets benched for a rookie and the Fitzpatrick era will be finally over here. 

That's what I'd prefer, mind you.  Once we went 0-1 and I knew our chances for a playoff berth were over I wanted Petty in there as soon as possible.

Our GM, HC, and owner have too much invested to keel over right now, so until we get that 6th loss it's going to be Fitzdueseason 3.0 in these parts.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

You guys will keep on doing what you do because it's what you do.  But I don't see the point about all this Fitz hate whining.  Whatever chance there was that the Jets would bring him back on another one year deal  next year is now between slim and none, and would even then depend entirely on a level of Qb play I don't think he's capable of.  You certainly don't think he's capable of that, either.

So what's the point of the whining?  It's not Fitz's fault that Smith got hurt. 

Some people just have to vent, I guess.

Not whining at all.............you are rudley mistaken where have you been the last 47 years.  

We want a franchise QB or something close to one not an imposter who has failed 5 other teams in the NFL 

I will support him as he wears a Jets uniform but far from satisfied that he's remotely close to any answer here id rather see an unproven rookie instead a veteran failure. 

This is a message board where posters are entitled to their opinions. 

So what were you whining about? 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what I'd prefer, mind you.  Once we went 0-1 and I knew our chances for a playoff berth were over I wanted Petty in there as soon as possible.

Our GM, HC, and owner have too much invested to keel over right now, so until we get that 6th loss it's going to be Fitzdueseason 3.0 in these parts.

SAR I

Our GM and head coach are under scrutiny from our owner if they so choose to go down with Fitzpatrick so be it. I wont shed any tears. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not whining at all.............you are rudley mistaken where have you been the last 47 years.  

We want a franchise QB or something close to one not an imposter who has failed 5 other teams in the NFL 

I will support him as he wears a Jets uniform but far from satisfied that he's remotely close to any answer here id rather see an unproven rookie instead a veteran failure. 

This is a message board where posters are entitled to their opinions. 

So what were you whining about? 

I rest my case.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It depends when the 6th loss happens (if it does, heh).  In the next game?  Yeah, not only would I be on board for that big time, but I think even the CS might.

But if they do win the next 3, when would a sixth loss trigger that result?  That becomes less clear. If the Jets get to 5-5, lose to NE but it is not clearly Fitz's fault, then I can see the CS letting him start the 12th game.  Which the Jets could well win.

Of course this is disturbing because a playoff berth is unlikely to say the least, and we are in general agreement here (tough to do wiith this fanbase) that the team needs to let Petty play in real games, maybe Hack, too.  But despite that it is a very plausible scenario that could end up putting that off til just the last couple of games, and still not make the playoffs.

That being the worst of both worlds, something tells me it just might happen.

31 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah, it's a mindset that seems to amount to any change is good, let's burn it all down with no real plan other than getting rid of those guys.  It's almost, or in fact is, nihilistic.

Kind of reminds me of... Nevermind.

If it were up to a goodly number of Jets Fans, we'd literally be in "Full Rebuild" mode every single off-season, cutting half out talent, trading anyone good for draft picks, having three rookie QB's, etc, etc, etc.

As you say "burn it all down".  I'd guess we'll hear alot of that, along with the usual "Jets should try and lose out for draft picks" talk the rest of this season.

The fact both are 100% unrealistic are irrelevant to our "Madden GM" type fans.

20 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

That's a guy who stands behind his team 100%.

You are right and Folks don't get it.  

I have no problem with players supporting each other. People act like it is so "easy" to play professional anything!!!

It is not. 

You want to be a professional piano player, actor, dancer, choreographer, basketball, baseball or football player it is hard work and the folks in the know, who are smart, respect those other professionals around them.

These individuals are not fans but colleagues and that is a big difference.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If it were up to a goodly number of Jets Fans, we'd literally be in "Full Rebuild" mode every single off-season, cutting half out talent, trading anyone good for draft picks, having three rookie QB's, etc, etc, etc.

As you say "burn it all down".  I'd guess we'll hear alot of that, along with the usual "Jets should try and lose out for draft picks" talk the rest of this season.

The fact both are 100% unrealistic are irrelevant to our "Madden GM" type fans.

Unrealistic and when do you really see it happen, anyway?  Even when say a Chip Kelly does something like not bringing back DeSean Jackson as part of his revamp, how many real roster changes were there from year to year?  The point being even a team going through a rebuild/revamp does not involved burning down the whole team.

(And I am compelled to mention my example of Kelly and Jackson is useful because it was a stupid move.)

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Is that when he dreams of the Backson?

Scary stuff...

Honestly I have no idea where it's from. i just know it as a gif that's used in reply when someone posts something so funny you die of laughter... A more graphical lmao, if you will :cheers:

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz Magic?  Never understood what magic? We didn't make the playoffs and we didn't win a Super Bowl/ What magic?

I highly suggest you look at the productivity of the quarterback position from 2011-2014 before uttering something so ludicrous again.

SAR I

Archived