Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How come I just got ninja'd on Siragusa? What just happened? I thought I pick after LAD? @Dcat

LAD missed his pick for the 2nd time... Sarge stepped in for Vikings, Dcat stepped in for Dolphins. He was selecting Siragusa for the Dolphins last pick (#97). You're still on the clock at 121...

Edited by NYJetsVets91

18 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

@HessStation

Thanks again for giving Bears to me. But the next 2 days, I will be in all day meetings and I won't be able to make the 5th, 6th and 7th round picks. Since I got Bears from you, I would like to offer it to you first. If by rule, you can't have more teams than you currently have, I will kindly ask @Dcat decide on the taker. 

@HessStation bowed out.  Bears have no 6th round pick so there is only 2 picks left.  I think NYJetsvets91, Lith and me can take care of those if no one else wants it.  

Does anyone with only one team want to take on the Bears' final two picks: pick 147 (5.03) and 221 (7.03)?

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How come I just got ninja'd on Siragusa? What just happened? I thought I pick after LAD? @Dcat

If you want Siragusa, you can have him... especially since that's who you seemed to want.  I can easily pop a different player in for Miami's abandoned pick #97 from yesterday.  Do you want Siragusa?  If so, he's yours.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If you want Siragusa, you can have him... especially since that's who you seemed to want.  I can easily pop a different player in for Miami's abandoned pick #97 from yesterday.  Do you want Siragusa?  If so, he's yours.

Yes, please. I've been too busy to trade up for him all morning - but him and Josh Jones were the guys I'd been targeting all morning waiting for hte 4 picks in front of me. I don't have time to revisit who to take now, and don't want to hold things up. Thanks.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yes, please. I've been too busy to trade up for him all morning - but him and Josh Jones were the guys I'd been targeting all morning waiting for hte 4 picks in front of me. I don't have time to revisit who to take now, and don't want to hold things up. Thanks.

you got it !!! 

• Upvote 1

Just changed the Dolphins pick #97 to Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M.  I gave Siragusa,G, to Integrity because he was targeting him and there was no need to put Integrity back OTC a second time for the same pick.  I also didn't realize that LAD had already chose a DT for them yesterday, so forget the DT I picked and instead go with the 4-3 DE.

I think we are finally done with this Miami Dolphins/Minnesota Viking GM fiasco.  Thanks Idzik... Thanks Tanny... Thanks Obama and Thanks LAD.

• Upvote 1

Love the Carlos Henderson pick. Was one of my sleepers before the combine. Not a sleeper anymore.   @King P    If I had not taken Mike Williams in the first, that pick would have really pissed me off.  On the other hand, if I had not take Williams in the first, Henderson probably would not have made it to this pick.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Love the Carlos Henderson pick. Was one of my sleepers before the combine. Not a sleeper anymore.   @King P    If I had not taken Mike Williams in the first, that pick would have really pissed me off.  On the other hand, if I had not take Williams in the first, Henderson probably would not have made it to this pick.

Yep, I think he's gonna be real good.

I was torn between him and another player. With the run on WRs though, I'm glad I made the right choice

What do you guys think of Noah Brown for the Ravens?  I watched the kid tear it up at  Pope John High School here in Sparta before he was recruited by the Buckeyes.  Pope John has great coaching.  He's a big kid with good hands. Will win jump ball contests, can shield against defenders in the Red Zone.  Very young, a bit raw and had that terrible broken leg in 2015.  Tremendous upside, but I'm biased since he is practically a home town boy (he comes from Flanders/Mt. Olive.)  Should make a great replacement for Wallace, whose contract ends after 2017. 

Fibonacci can not finish the draft for the Bears.  

The Bears have only two picks left in this draft: 5.03 (pick 147) and 7.03 (pick 221). 

The GM's tagged below have only one team.  Can one of you step up and complete the final two picks for the Bears draft?    

@section314, @PepPep, @Paradis, @New York Mick, @j4jets, @Integrity28

Or anyone else who has not yet joined in as well.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

The Bears have only two picks left in this draft: 5.03 (pick 147) and 7.03 (pick 221). 

The GM's tagged below have only one team.  Can one of you step up and complete the final two picks for the Bears draft?    

I'm barely keeping up with 1 team. Sorry, busier couple weeks than I anticipated.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I can take it. Hand it over to your peppep...

By the way, does anyone get the Pep Pep reference?

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I can take it. Hand it over to your peppep...

By the way, does anyone get the Pep Pep reference?

Cheers.

Nope.  But Google brings up Tim & Eric.  My son would get it.  And I keep confusing you with another poster who goes by PowPow.  PepPep and PowPow. BamBam and Pebbles.  And to think people actually take us all seriously.

You are now the Bears' GM.

@Paradis Love the Hansen pick.  I was very divided in picking between Hansen and Noah Brown for the Ravens.

Hansen certainly more polished and experienced. I'd expect Hansen to contribute more than Brown in their first seasons.   Brown built more like Kelvin Benjamin.  I wanted a bruiser for the Ravens since I gave them Ross in round 1.  This is likely Wallace's last season in Baltimore, so they needed a pair of WRs and since Wallace will hang around another season, Noah Brown can develop.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@NYJetsVets91

Tell us about this Idaho kid.  

watched him tear up Wyoming's defense last season in person... He's a dual threat back, racked up nearly 1,000 receiving yards and 11 receiving TDs over his 3 year career, although he only played in 6 games his freshman season so it mostly came in his last 2. He has a lot of power for his size, doesn't mind taking on defenders, perfect combo of power and speed. decent pass blocker as well. Good all-around back. He'll be a good complement to Powell after Forte is gone which will most likely be after this season... (We can cut Forte next offseason with only a 1m dead cap hit while saving 3m).

Edited by NYJetsVets91

Just now, NYJetsVets91 said:

His burst is extremely impressive at 214, especially catching out of the backfield.

ugh you drafted McNichols for the Jets?!... man, we are different moons you and I -- this guy is not an electric RB in my opinion. I used D. Booker in another thread, but this guy is a true Booker copy in my mind. Nothing but average. 

In a class this loaded, if HE'S the running back we come away with, i'll be furious. Not to deal on you, but there's nothing special about him IMO. Over Gallman? Jones, McGuire, and even J Williams?... Gotta go with your gut i guess, but I think we need to shoot higher.