Last year some Jets fans wanted the Jets to lose to the Chiefs...

Jet Moses

i don't know if i follow you.

a jets loss would had put them at 3-13 and given them the #3 overall pick. We would not had drafted Dorsey- an undersized guy for the 3-4.

i'd much rather have McFadden than Gholston at this point. the future could prove me wrong, and i still have faith Gholston will turn out to be a solid pass rushing LB for us, but McFadden's going to be a top back in this league.

i don't know if i follow you.

a jets loss would had put them at 3-13 and given them the #3 overall pick. We would not had drafted Dorsey- an undersized guy for the 3-4.

i'd much rather have McFadden than Gholston at this point. the future could prove me wrong, and i still have faith Gholston will turn out to be a solid pass rushing LB for us, but McFadden's going to be a top back in this league.

McFadden was taken already even if we had (intentionally or otherwise) lost to the Chiefs.

McFadden was taken already even if we had (intentionally or otherwise) lost to the Chiefs.

Actually Moses, I think you are mistaken. I admit, I was one of those people who said losing to KC last year would be better in the long run then winning. I saw 4 or 5 sure shot blue chippers on the board and with a win there was a chance we could fall as far as 7! I (and many others) had our sites set on either C Long, Ryan or DMC (for me it was DMC I wanted). A loss would have landed us the #3 pick...ahead of oakland who took DMC at 4. A loss to KC last year and DMC is in our backfield right now. No way either Miami or St L take a RB at 1 and 2.

IMO, sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture rather than the instant gratification. That week 17 win meant nothing yet cost us serious draft position. I don't do it often, but there are occassions where I root against them...in 1996 for the last 10 weeks so they would fire Kotite is a good example.

Actually Moses, I think you are mistaken. I admit, I was one of those people who said losing to KC last year would be better in the long run then winning. I saw 4 or 5 sure shot blue chippers on the board and with a win there was a chance we could fall as far as 7! I (and many others) had our sites set on either C Long, Ryan or DMC (for me it was DMC I wanted). A loss would have landed us the #3 pick...ahead of oakland who took DMC at 4. A loss to KC last year and DMC is in our backfield right now.

IMO, sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture rather than the instant gratification. That week 17 win meant nothing yet cost us serious draft position. I don't do it often, but there are occassions where I root against them...in 1996 for the last 10 weeks so they would fire Kotite is a good example.

I hear ya.

I know it means nothing to alot of people, but it means alot to me to say the Jets never lost to Herman Edwards.

I hear ya.

I know it means nothing to alot of people, but it means alot to me to say the Jets never lost to Herman Edwards.

I hear ya Moses...and I think you know there is NO ONE who hates Hermy more then me. I screamed for 4 years that the guy was a fraud and took a lot of heat for it. But we were (are) a team that lacks any type of game breaking thresat on O. IMO, we need SOMEONE that the D is scared of. And to me DMC was that guy. The loss to KC I wouold have gotten over the first time I saw DMC break a 75 yard TD in green and white!!!

I hear ya Moses...and I think you know there is NO ONE who hates Hermy more then me. I screamed for 4 years that the guy was a fraud and took a lot of heat for it. But we were (are) a team that lacks any type of game breaking thresat on O. IMO, we need SOMEONE that the D is scared of. And to me DMC was that guy. The loss to KC I wouold have gotten over the first time I saw DMC break a 75 yard TD in green and white!!!

Let's see, the Herm bashers HOF:

MsGold

Bugg

Sperm Edwards

Jetman67

Tom Shane

Who did I miss?

:lol:

IMO, we need SOMEONE that the D is scared of. And to me DMC was that guy. The loss to KC I wouold have gotten over the first time I saw DMC break a 75 yard TD in green and white!!!

Sometimes it backfires, though. Alot of fans wanted us to lose to the Bills two years ago to draft Reggie Bush, because they thought he was "that guy".

;)

Actually, if the Jets would have lost to the Chiefs, the Jets would have been in the No. 3 position rather than No.5 because they would have been 3-13 and the Rams and the Falcons would have been 4-12 and the Chiefs 5-11. The Jets lost 3 draft positions by that victory.

At 3-13, the Jets would have had a choice between DMC and Ryan.

The funny thing about Dorsey is that everyone considered him the best defensive prospect in the draft. It's still early though.

Yup. Glenn Dorsey was never going to be a Jet. He doesn't fit our system. I still wish we lost against the Chiefs and picked up McFadden.

That victory was pointless and ended up costing us 3 spots on the draft board. We went through hell last year for a ****ty moral victory? I"m not saying Gholston is a bust, just that i'd much rather have had DMC than Gholston.

I wanted Chris Long or McFadden. The last player I wanted from this draft is none other then Vernon Gholston.

I was worried about Gholston being a workout warrior, still am. I remember the more it becamse obvious that we were going to end up drafting him, the more I tried to convince myself he'd be a great OLB.

I still would have taken Matt Ryan, DMC or Chris Long ahead of him though.

I wouldn't give up on Dorsey or Gholston, yet.

How foolish for anybody to give up on ANY rookie after 6 games. Defensive players especially.

Yep. The thing is, there's no "character issues" with these 2 which would raise major red flags. So they'll have time to develop without them sabotaging their own careers.

I was worried about Gholston being a workout warrior, still am. I remember the more it becamse obvious that we were going to end up drafting him, the more I tried to convince myself he'd be a great OLB.

I still would have taken Matt Ryan, DMC or Chris Long ahead of him though.

I understand the concern about Gholston being a workout warrior, but he did have the resume to back it up. It wasn't like DRob who became the 4th overall strictly by what he did at the Combine.

My order was Long, DMC, Gholston. Long has not looked good either.

Kinda wonder if Dorsey is hurt by playing for a dolt like Edwards. We KNOW Dorsey is learning nothing about what he's suppsoed to do, with Edwards obsessing over gap coverage or some similar nonsense. Dorsey might very well be a player if you plopped him in front of a coach who knows what he's doing.If you put him on the Browns, with Crennel(may be not a great coach but I guy who knows defenses) he probably is servicable and then some. Also suspect as with any Herman Edwards team,conditioning is kept to a minimum and not stressed.

The irony is that after the draft, KC was getting high praise for their haul (I too thought they did a good job), but the thing is, with drafts like that, it is using the NEXT HC and GM that reaps the benefit because the HC and GM that select them usually get fired with the growing pains.

Archived