• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,783 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

It's not final cutdown. IIRC they should be cutting to 75 by the 31st. This should get them there. Coles didn't make it that far because they didn't want to guarantee his salary. I think that if they sign him after the first game they could hang on to him and cut him when Holmes comes back without having to pay his salary for the year. Interesting that they cut Allison. Despite all the hate, Clowney is probably still the #3 option until Holmes comes back. Clowney was ahead of Brad Smith last year. Also, if they are done, they still have Brooks Foster the WR they picked up from the Rams last week in addition to Taylor and Clowney. Foster should be practice squad eligible because he spent last year on the IR.

Good call, forgot all about that.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#27 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,230 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

I see Rex is saying they may try to sign him back after the first game.
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#28 Guest_Jpf4671_*

Guest_Jpf4671_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Coles never made sense,you need the 4th or 5th wr to play specials, he was a familiar name so everyone,myself included in this criticism, thought it was worth a shot to bring him back,in reAlity a young no name 5th wr who contributes on specials is the way to go.

#29 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

CAN we add A.T., final four rules-wise?

Not for nothin and maybe I'm high on crack but I love Westerman. I hope he gets some more reps now. I personally think he may/could become the best pass rusher on the team.

#30 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

Not for nothin and maybe I'm high on crack but I love Westerman. I hope he gets some more reps now. I personally think he may/could become the best pass rusher on the team.

I like Westerman, I just figure the more the better given how crummy our pass rush was last season.

#31 Falcon63

Falcon63

TRN'B

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

What about Shawn Springs and KEVIN MAWAE, any chance we get either of them? Not as much Shawn Springs, but either way, Springs could definitely help attempt to make up for a missing Revis. 1-2 year deal for both.

I'd recommend not laying any coin on the Celtics Friday night

113-96 Boston

#32 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,939 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

What about Shawn Springs and KEVIN MAWAE, any chance we get either of them? Not as much Shawn Springs, but either way, Springs could definitely help attempt to make up for a missing Revis. 1-2 year deal for both.

Yes, we need to inject Kevin Mawae into the Revis situation. Purely from a player standpoint, I'd be more than ok with adding him for C/G depth. But unless they can sign him without his mouth, the Jets - like 31 other teams - have passed.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users