Darrelle Revis has a few days to report

Maxman

IMO, that's the scariest thing to come out of this pre-season. You'd have to think that Rex would drive McKnight to the airport himself, but for some reason he's been guaranteed a roster spot. That can't make Rex happy, if McKnight is being forced down his throat.

Hard Knocks shows the give and take with Tannenbaum. Rex wanted Coles on the opening day roster, that seemed pretty obvious. Tanny was looking to move guys like TRich and Laury ($630K, really?) for financial reasons, we'll see what happens there today.

The GM saying his picks stick is not unusual, though.

Hard Knocks shows the give and take with Tannenbaum. Rex wanted Coles on the opening day roster, that seemed pretty obvious. Tanny was looking to move guys like TRich and Laury ($630K, really?) for financial reasons, we'll see what happens there today.

The GM saying his picks stick is not unusual, though.

Yeah, I remember reading those stories about Bill Parcells and George Young having screaming matches over keeping draft picks on the roster, which is where Parcells came up with his coach getting to "buy the groceries" philosophy. This one might hurt a little bit, though, if they end up having to dump a guy who is clearly more deserving (Washington) in favor of a guy in McKnight who has done everything he possibly can do to lose his job.

I say you put someone you know aint going anywhere for awhile and is a tenured Jet...like Cotch or Brick.

In reality, Woodhead is only a prospect as a slot receiver. He can't play in the backfield because he'll get Sanchez murdered trying to pick up the blitz and, with his size, he can neither block nor cover effectively on special teams. Now, if he develops as a slot guy, awesome, but this talk of versatility always leaves me scratching my head--it's like Woodhead fans are looking for a reason to justify keeping him on the roster. Myself, I'm a fan of giving the last couple of roster spots to either veteran leaders who might have a little left in the tank OR young, athletic freaks who don't really have a position. Woodhead is neither. He's simply and solely a nice story who will never make an impact for this football team.

Sha, as if B. Schitt actually leaves a RB in the backfield to pick up blocks.

Revis should be replaced with another defender - already two offensive players up there. Funny (funny-sad) that fans are having a tough time coming up with one.

Yeah that was real tough, nobody said Harris or anything. :rolleyes:

Add J-Co or Harris!

I am thinking that he should be replaced with someone with heart, who plays for the love of the game, not the love of money. You know what I mean. Someone like Danny Woodhead.

You want to really burn MEvi$? Put Vernon Gholston up there.

Revis should be replaced with another defender - already two offensive players up there. Funny (funny-sad) that fans are having a tough time coming up with one.

PACE, SCOTT, HARRIS, all are great players. Wilson and Cromartie too! How 'bout we just put the entire "D" up there? They are, afterall, the #1 D in the league :)

Darrelle and his agents I know you are reading this. Money is one thing, prestige is another. You have a few days to report. If you don't you will be removed from the JetNation.com banner forever (or until you apologize to me for the holdout).

Think about it. The Jets win the Super Bowl and Darrelle isn't in the banner. You have to admit, that is going to leave a mark.

You are on the clock.

:angry:

If I was you Max, I would have done it already F-CK Greedus Mevis!!!

Good point. Woodhead can go up for Sanchez then, lol.

Revis is pissing me off. The negotiations on the banner thing did not go well yesterday. He wanted a media blackout but I said no. Here is his latest demand:

He sits alone in the JN Banner, no other Jets player past or present is allowed in there with him.

I am beginning to think he has an inflated sense of self worth.

Jim Leonhard would be a good choice IMO.

No good. This would just upset Kerry Rhodes even more because of the ex-

Raven favoritism. I think we trade back for Rhodes and put him up their. He's very pretty and has the strong hyper-inflated sense of self worth perfect for a pin up model. We could nickname him Poo-Lander, be awesome.

Revis is pissing me off. The negotiations on the banner thing did not go well yesterday. He wanted a media blackout but I said no. Here is his latest demand:

He sits alone in the JN Banner, no other Jets player past or present is allowed in there with him.

I am beginning to think he has an inflated sense of self worth.

Screw the bitch!

I am thinking that he should be replaced with someone with heart, who plays for the love of the game, not the love of money. You know what I mean. Someone like Danny Woodhead.

Its not about heart. It is a entertainment business and thats really all the NFL is. Fans have a different perspective, but to the players its nothing more than a job that has little security and doesnt last very long. He is trying to make as much as he can before he cant do it anymore. Unfortunately, he is receiving some bad advice from his agent and family. If he sits out his value will drop and the Jets can keep him for less. If the lockout happens next year he will have lost 2 years of the prime of his career. He cant possibly expect to be offered the same kind of money being 2 years older and not playing.

Unfortunately, he is receiving some bad advice from his agent and family. If he sits out his value will drop and the Jets can keep him for less. If the lockout happens next year he will have lost 2 years of the prime of his career. He cant possibly expect to be offered the same kind of money being 2 years older and not playing.

You nailed it, Relle is making a big mistake. Pride goes before a fall.

Archived