**The Official Chargers @ Patriots gameday thread**

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, Miami is now 0-2

Yeah, they're done for. No chance at the playoffs yet again. Only 12% of teams have made the playoffs after starting off 0-2. But you know what? The Jets, Patriots and Bills all starting off 2-0 makes it just about IMPOSSIBLE for the Dolphins to sneak into the playoffs. Miami's season is OVER... Before it started ahaha.

Yeah, they're done for. No chance at the playoffs yet again. Only 12% of teams have made the playoffs after starting off 0-2. But you know what? The Jets, Patriots and Bills all starting off 2-0 makes it just about IMPOSSIBLE for the Dolphins to sneak into the playoffs. Miami's season is OVER... Before it started ahaha.

And the fans are losing it. Its a meltdown over on Finheaven. They're talking about how Sporano needs to be fired tomorrow and how the team should move. Its great.

And the fans are losing it. Its a meltdown over on Finheaven. They're talking about how Sporano needs to be fired tomorrow and how the team should move. Its great.

Fin fans should be in an uproar.

The Fins are 1-9 in their last 10 home games.

The takeaway from this game; if you give Brady time, he will kill you as the receivers open up the longer a play goes. THE Jets have 2 great corners, but the Pats' TEs and the 2 lil'sh*ts will find openings in the middle of the field unless you hurry or sack Brady.

Holy crap I didn't see it the first time around, but Wilfat swung his legs to trip him (which is what caused Tolbert to get held up). No flag and it was ridiculous.

Wow! Really?

Tolbert did a cardinal sin or suffers from Maroneyitis. If he kept going forward....who knows what happens.

Wow! Really?

Tolbert did a cardinal sin or suffers from Maroneyitis. If he kept going forward....who knows what happens.

Yeah, I don't even blame Wilfat. What Tolbert did was epically stupid. Norv Turner pulled his inner Coughlin on the sidelines to him about it.

Also, Chockers stick to form and McCourty has gotten torched more than the pig at a Luau. He has gotten worse as the weeks have passed.

Yeah, I don't even blame Wilfat. What Tolbert did was epically stupid. Norv Turner pulled his inner Coughlin on the sidelines to him about it.

Also, Chockers stick to form and McCourty has gotten torched more than the pig at a Luau. He has gotten worse as the weeks have passed.

We will see on McOurty.

He has been matched against guys with six inches and 30 pounds on him.

He is a good young player, but he is not that good. It is not like Revis did not get help over the top against Moss. ;)

Wow!   Really?

Tolbert did a cardinal sin or suffers from Maroneyitis.  If he kept going forward....who knows what happens.

I'm hardly defending Tolbert. Just an awful play for him.That doesn't absolve Wilfat for - while fully laying on the ground - lifting up both legs to trip the runner. Inexcusible to not call that and would have given that dumbass Tolbert a mulligan.

I'm hardly defending Tolbert. Just an awful play for him.That doesn't absolve Wilfat for - while fully laying on the ground - lifting up both legs to trip the runner. Inexcusible to not call that and would have given that dumbass Tolbert a mulligan.

What is he going to do, trip him in the gut? It was not an out and out leg whip.

Could they have called one? Maybe, but it was clear they were letting things go as Brady took a few hits at the knees which I thought was illegal as well.

It's not so much the secondary that worries me (and trust me it does) that lack of pass rush is especially concerning. 3-4, 4-3, new personnel, same sh*t.

Next week Buffalo. Another high scoring td fest. Combined points total 107.

Thank goodness for Brady. Only way the Pats win in the early part of the season is with Brady playing like superman. I mean, try putting Sanchez on this team right now. Yowza....and could you imagine this Pats d on the Jets? Yowza.

It's not so much the secondary that worries me (and trust me it does) that lack of pass rush is especially concerning. 3-4, 4-3, new personnel, same sh*t.

Thank goodness for Brady. Only way the Pats win in the early part of the season is with Brady playing like superman. I mean, try putting Sanchez on this team right now. Yowza....and could you imagine this Pats d on the Jets? Yowza.

That's ultimately the Pats' Achilles' heel. Brady is an all-world player and the team needs him to be great all the time. When he's not, like against the Jets in 2 games last year and the Browns game, the Pats lose by 2 TDs. I don't see any difference between this team and last year. The Pats could go 14-2 again and still be in jeapordy of going 1-and-done.

BTW, **** the Chockers. So much talent, but they constantly shoot themselves in the foot in this big games.

They did it last year against the Pats and again this year. Eight boneheaded TOs in 2 games against the Pats. Yesterday, 4 of them were within the Pats' 35 yd line.

BTW, **** the Chockers. So much talent, but they constantly shoot themselves in the foot in this big games.

They did it last year against the Pats and again this year. Eight boneheaded TOs in 2 games against the Pats. Yesterday, 4 of them were within the Pats' 35 yd line.

Not for nothing, but didn't the Cowboys (Romo) shoot themselves in the foot against the Jets a week ago?

Anyway, a win is a win....but there is plenty of concern. Sure, Gates was a no-show....but Vincent Jackson was a Fantasy football geeks dream come true yesterday.

Right, those are called WR's.

Touche.

All I am saying, while most (all?) teams might have a 6'5/225+ guys as wideouts, not all of them are as talented as Jackson or Marshall.

With that being said, it is something he needs to figure out.

I would love to see Sanchez behind that offensive line and throwing out of a spread offense, as opposed to getting battered behind the Swiss cheese line we have this year... and running the Schotty offense.

I would love to see Sanchez behind that offensive line and throwing out of a spread offense, as opposed to getting battered behind the Swiss cheese line we have this year... and running the Schotty offense.

Hahahahahaha.....

Sanchez makes two reads maximum. That's his problem. Maybe it's time, maybe it's not. Alter his steps then. I'm pretty sure that he would not be as prolific as Brady in the NE offense. Just call it a hunch.

Hahahahahaha.....

Sanchez makes two reads maximum. That's his problem. Maybe it's time, maybe it's not. Alter his steps then. I'm pretty sure that he would not be as prolific as Brady in the NE offense. Just call it a hunch.

Cassell was.

Frankly any QB would thrive if he had the amount of time Brady does when he drops back, maybe not thrive to the tune of 400+ yards whenever he feels like it, but the protection he gets is second to none imo.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I never insinuated Sanchez would be as good as Brady, it was more a statement of my disappointment in the fact that the Jets have not added sufficient talent to the offensive line to replace players they knew they would be losing.

Cassell was.

Frankly any QB would thrive if he had the amount of time Brady does when he drops back, maybe not thrive to the tune of 400+ yards whenever he feels like it, but the protection he gets is second to none imo.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I never insinuated Sanchez would be as good as Brady, it was more a statement of my disappointment in the fact that the Jets have not added sufficient talent to the offensive line to replace players they knew they would be losing.

Cassell was in the system for a while and Cassell had the luxury of a weaker schedule. But, yes, the Pats o-line is pretty good. They have their share of break-downs, but generally it's good. It also helps that Brady makes his reads pretty quickly, makes his decision pretty quickly and gets rid of teh ball pretty quickly.

Cassell was in the system for a while and Cassell had the luxury of a weaker schedule. But, yes, the Pats o-line is pretty good. They have their share of break-downs, but generally it's good. It also helps that Brady makes his reads pretty quickly, makes his decision pretty quickly and gets rid of teh ball pretty quickly.

Brady makes his reads at the line - so he knows where he's going with the ball before the snap half the time.

Sanchez makes his reads after the snap. Like most QB.

Which is why Sanchez is average, and Brady is great.

I'm not questioning Brady - I'm simply stating that with the protection he gets, any QB would be much improved.

What is he going to do, trip him in the gut? It was not an out and out leg whip.

Could they have called one? Maybe, but it was clear they were letting things go as Brady took a few hits at the knees which I thought was illegal as well.

It was my understanding that intentionally tripping anyone - no matter what the targeted body part - was not a legal substitute for tackling. Silly me. Now I know.

He didn't take ANY hits at the knees.

He had one potential tackler who was already on the ground wrap his arms around Brady's ankles and try to wrangle him down that way... but that guy didn't "hit" Brady's knees.

I love how Brady gets hit a couple times and the Pats fans are all like "See? See? Our QB gets hit too? and while those hits "should be" illegal, they don't get called!!!"

LOL

Brady gets hit so rarely that when it does happen it always looks way more violent than it is, because its such a rare sight. I shared this observation with a Patriots fan from work yesterday, one who doesn't troll message boards, and he agreed while laughing and stating how much he loves the Pats O-line.

He didn't take ANY hits at the knees.

He had one potential tackler who was already on the ground wrap his arms around Brady's ankles and try to wrangle him down that way... but that guy didn't "hit" Brady's knees.

I love how Brady gets hit a couple times and the Pats fans are all like "See? See? Our QB gets hit too? and while those hits "should be" illegal, they don't get called!!!"

LOL

Brady gets hit so rarely that when it does happen it always looks way more violent than it is, because its such a rare sight. I shared this observation with a Patriots fan from work yesterday, one who doesn't troll message boards, and he agreed while laughing and stating how much he loves the Pats O-line.

What?

Did you miss him getting bent like a pretzel and hit just like he did against KC in 2008?

I thought he was hurt because for the next two drives he was under center and they were not trying to speed things up.

Two of their players dived, not cheapshots, in attempts to sack him and it was at his knees.

What?

Did you miss him getting bent like a pretzel and hit just like he did against KC in 2008?

I thought he was hurt because for the next two drives he was under center and they were not trying to speed things up.

Two of their players dived, not cheapshots, in attempts to sack him and it was at his knees.

That's illegal now, right?

What?

Bernard Pollard hit the front of Brady's knees in 08.

The guy that dragged him down and made him a "pretzel" as you say, came at his legs from behind his knees, and was on the ground already and pulled Brady's legs toward him.

The only similarity was that Brady was involved in both... and Pats fans cry about both, because God forbid he get hit.

Bernard Pollard hit the front of Brady's knees in 08.

The guy that dragged him down and made him a "pretzel" as you say, came at his legs from behind his knees, and was on the ground already and pulled Brady's legs toward him.

The only similarity was that Brady was involved in both... and Pats fans cry about both, because God forbid he get hit.

It reminded me of the dirty shot Palmer Carson took from Steelers Kimo Von Cheapshotten in the playoffs.

It reminded me of the dirty shot Palmer Carson took from Steelers Kimo Von Cheapshotten in the playoffs.

You are right it was closer to that play, where kimo was on the ground already, crawled over and rolled up.... But eve kimo came at Palmer from the front. Brady's hit was from behind.

There are hits like this every weekend tbh.... Its only big deal and fine-worthy when it happens to Brady. If Pats fans want to whine about why a Charger wasn't fined for hitting a Patriot, they should consider doing that whining somewhere other than on a JETS website.

Archived