To all the Haters...63.2%!

Latinlawyer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone in this thread needs to realize that we are trying to do away with personal attack. Max had made it very clear. If you have to call someone stupid, douchebag, cacksacker or retard please do it by PM.

cue ape coming back in thread and hurling insults at numerous posters

I think everyone in this thread needs to realize that we are trying to do away with personal attack. Max had made it very clear. If you have to call someone stupid, douchebag, cacksacker or retard please do it by PM.

Thanks Crush. It was getting out of hand. And the hate was coming from people who've been posting with each other for a long time. You'd think we could respect each other a little bit more. Its like brother on brother crime. So sad. Made me go over to JI and post "Rex Ryan" in a thread and leave.

I don't find myself having a whole lot of respect for a person's opinion when they continue to change their reasons for it every time their last one no longer works.

Like saying a low completion percentage isn't a problem as long as turnovers are limited, then deprecating the importance of turnovers because of a jump in completion percentage?

Does that include calling someone a "Joe Brod"?

Not sure though it may infringe on Klecko's copyright to use first names when getting testy. Maybe combined with the first name it may be ok. Let me check and I'll pm you. Good question.

cue ape coming back in thread and hurling insults at numerous posters

We need a game in the mafia forum or eventually we may all be gone.

Thanks Crush. It was getting out of hand. And the hate was coming from people who've been posting with each other for a long time. You'd think we could respect each other a little bit more. Its like brother on brother crime. So sad. Made me go over to JI and post "Rex Ryan" in a thread and leave.

I wish more posters had your sense of decency.

This is what I mean. My mother always said, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it all.

I think some of you guys need to grow up a little bit or maybe pay more attention to my posts. They'll improve your life drastically.

My life was in shambles, my wife left me, my dog left me, women thought I was ugly, and I went bald. That is until I tried these new books called "Living Like JiF".

Since then my life has been changed. I get laid every 6 months instead of never and my wife still left me, but at least she abuses me and gives me some attention at times. I even have a full head of hair now, all thanks to JiF.

Thanks JiF. I love you.

My life was in shambles, my wife left me, my dog left me, women thought I was ugly, and I went bald. That is until I tried these new books called "Living Like JiF".

Since then my life has been changed. I get laid every 6 months instead of never and my wife still left me, but at least she abuses me and gives me some attention at times. I even have a full head of hair now, all thanks to JiF.

Thanks JiF. I love you.

Fatties, right?

I wish more posters had your sense of decency.

Its not easy but I learned from the best. <3

Thanks JiF. I love you.

JiF - Saving lives of JN posters day by day with this thought provoking life altering posts.

Like saying a low completion percentage isn't a problem as long as turnovers are limited, then deprecating the importance of turnovers because of a jump in completion percentage?

Warning: Small Sample Size

So far this season, Mark's int % is slightly higher than his career number: 4.4% this season, 3.8% for his career. It's a number that needs improving, no doubt about it.

But...

In addition to his completion percentage, his is TD percentage is way up: 5.9% this year vs. 3.5 for his career. And his YPA is way up: 7.6 vs. 6.7.

He's throwing more, and is more productive when he throws. That, to me, shows improvement.

He's also far from a finished product, which is why I don't like the premise of the thread that we need to just accept that this is who Sanchez is at 24 years old. He's still a work in progress, and he's showing real signs of improvement amidst the picks.

In all seriousness why the hell did we trade up to #5 for Sanchez at the time? I don't remember the specific QB dynamics for the 2009 draft but looking back it seems like it was an unnecessary move. He probably wouldn't have lasted till 17 but I feel like he would have fallen out of the top 10 or late top 10. Though I guess we mostly gave up crap players for him so it wasn't a huge loss.

In all seriousness why the hell did we trade up to #5 for Sanchez at the time? I don't remember the specific QB dynamics for the 2009 draft but looking back it seems like it was an unnecessary move. He probably wouldn't have lasted till 17 but I feel like he would have fallen out of the top 10 or late top 10. Though I guess we mostly gave up crap players for him so it wasn't a huge loss.

Well I think you mostly nailed it at the end there. There seemed to be a lot of difference of opinions pre-draft where Sanchez would fall. Some people had him going even higher than he did and others had him falling out of the top 10. I'm pretty sure I also remember reading that part of the Jets original attempts to trade up were around concerns that the Seahawks were considering taking him at #4, and so were talking to teams as high up as the Rams at #2, but then when that didn't work out and he was still on the board they kept on talking to teams. But really, the Jets in all likelihood would have had to trade up regardless if they wanted Sanchez as you alluded to, and they probably felt going up to 5 was probably going to cost them the least amount in a trade. As far as picks go, all they had to give up was their 2nd in order to move up 12 spots in the first, which wasn't going to happen with any other team, and nobody else was going to have interest in trading for the player the Browns took. From the Jets perspective, none of the players were of particular interest to the Jets anymore. Coleman and Elam had already been replaced by Douglas and Leonhard respectively and the other player was Ratliff, a #3 QB. While it may have been higher than they needed to go, it assured them of the player they wanted while probably getting a deal much more in their favor than if they had traded with any other team, even one picking lower.

Sanchez wasn't lasting to 17. Really don't understand how you can have such amnesia.

Jaguars (8), Niners (10), Bills (11), and Skins (13) were all linked to Sanchez. There were also reports that the Skins were looking to move up into the top 10 to leapfrog the Jags and Niners.

The Bengals (6) and Raiders (7) drafted after the Browns and while the Bengals weren't taking a QB, Crazy Al was a wild card.

I wonder how long it will be before this Sanchez thing gets as bad as the Pennington thing. The people who won't be happy unless a young Manning, or a Brady are the QB, are going to unhappy a very long time.

Sanchez has the talent to stick around a very long time. The 16th ranking, right now, is probably accurate. Perhaps toward the end of the season, or next season, he will be tenish. He is going to improve and is a hard worker. He probably doesn't have the size, or the arm, to be top elite. He'll be good enough to win a Super Bowl. That's all I give a crap about.

If Sanchez stays healthy, Woody stays committed, and Tannenbaum keeps the hot hand, the Jets will win a Super Bowl with Sanchez.

Will it be this year? Man I hope so

Sanchez wasn't lasting to 17. Really don't understand how you can have such amnesia.

Jaguars (8), Niners (10), Bills (11), and Skins (13) were all linked to Sanchez. There were also reports that the Skins were looking to move up into the top 10 to leapfrog the Jags and Niners.

The Bengals (6) and Raiders (7) drafted after the Browns and while the Bengals weren't taking a QB, Crazy Al was a wild card.

I clearly stated I don't think he was lasting till 17 and I clearly said I didn't remember. The Jags weren't in the market for a QB considering they extended Garrard around then and neither were the Raiders, crazy Al is crazy for speed not white QBs. My question was answered by Green though in that we got to give up a lot less for him to the Browns then any other team would have taken.

I wonder how long it will be before this Sanchez thing gets as bad as the Pennington thing. The people who won't be happy unless a young Manning, or a Brady are the QB, are going to unhappy a very long time.

I'm with you, bro. These stupid, negative Jets fans and their wanting a quarterback like Manning or Brady on their team. Who do they think they are!?!?

Archived