Can't blame Sanchez for this loss..

Latinlawyer

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I find that term stupid, so I don't generally use it and don't remember ever having done so in reference to myself. If I had, I'd probably have taken undue umbrage and accused myself of hating Puerto Ricans or something.

I thought you had embraced the term, sorta like the ACM embraced the name "Anti-Chad Militia" to flip it around.

No, but I do find the application to be pretty stupid. That you think it's self-proclaimed is even more ridiculous.

Likewise, I thought you embraced the term as I stated above. Thus, the notion of it being self-proclaimed. "You call me a hater? So what? I'm a hater" that sorta thing.

Didn't realize you two were so sensitive about it.

Likewise, I thought you embraced the term as I stated above. Thus, the notion of it being self-proclaimed. "You call me a hater? So what? I'm a hater" that sorta thing.

Quite the contrary, I like Sanchez and think he has all the physical talent in the world to be one of the best at his position. If he does? Awesome. If he doesn't? That blows. Sets us back years. All I know is that right now he isn't a good quarterback, and that's really all I care about.

Quite the contrary, I like Sanchez and think he has all the physical talent in the world to be one of the best at his position. If he does? Awesome. If he doesn't? That blows. Sets us back years. All I know is that right now he isn't a good quarterback, and that's really all I care about.

silky_johnson1.jpg

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

The problem was that you got easily lumped with Aten and, thus, your and his arguments/statements blended together.

I thought you had embraced the term, sorta like the ACM embraced the name "Anti-Chad Militia" to flip it around.

Didn't realize you two were so sensitive about it.

To the contrary, the Penningtonologists did not embrace being called that, nor did they embrace the cWo, nor did they embrace the term "Chadosexual."

I wonder why? :confused0006:

Mark Sanchez:

2010:

QB rating: 75 (27th overall), comp% 55%, yard/attempt 6.49, yds/game: 206, TDs per game: 1.1

2011 so far:

QB rating: 91 (14th overall), comp% 63%, yard/attempt 8, yds/game: 295, TDs per game: 2

Just saying. He's the least of our worries right now. He's not elite or anything yet, but he's come a long way since his rookie season, and even last season and he's still getting better. I don't even need to post the 2009 stats. We all remember how he did that year. Schotty hasn't improved in 4 years, but Sanchez has. I think it's pretty obvious where the issue lies. Our defense will be back next game. I guarantee Rex will motivate them to play with that fire again. Last game, I feel the Raiders simply had a better gameplan and made better adjustments throughout the game. We adapted late again and we ran out of time on both sides of the ball. Defense gets first blame, but coaching wasn't far behind it.

If he doesn't? That blows. Sets us back years.

I think the ship has sailed on that worry. You get set back years when you pay the guy a bazillion dollars, they suck, and you are forced to keep trotting them out there. If Stafford was to get injured again and again and again he is a guy setting the franchise back years because they are absolutely stuck with him at massive cap hits through 2013 and probably in a situation where they would have to extend him into 2016 just to make the cap dollars work even if he stunk or never played.

The Jets can walk away from Sanchez with no damage done next year if they wanted to. There were frustrating moments with him but no struggles. The team made 2 AFC championship games, the best little run in Jets history. Its not like the team is really built around some superstar QB anyway. Most of the big money is invested in the defense. Though Im not exactly sure how willing people will be to trade picks with the new pay slotting system I would imagine any decent veteran could come in here and do well enough until the team had the chips to go back into the draft for another QB. The only way Sanchez will set the team back is if he continues to play like he has the last year and the Jets decide to give him a 90 million dollar extension next year. That screws the team up bigtime if he doesnt show major improvement, but I cant imagine the Jets doing that.

I think the ship has sailed on that worry. You get set back years when you pay the guy a bazillion dollars, they suck, and you are forced to keep trotting them out there. If Stafford was to get injured again and again and again he is a guy setting the franchise back years because they are absolutely stuck with him at massive cap hits through 2013 and probably in a situation where they would have to extend him into 2016 just to make the cap dollars work even if he stunk or never played.

The Jets can walk away from Sanchez with no damage done next year if they wanted to. There were frustrating moments with him but no struggles. The team made 2 AFC championship games, the best little run in Jets history. Its not like the team is really built around some superstar QB anyway. Most of the big money is invested in the defense. Though Im not exactly sure how willing people will be to trade picks with the new pay slotting system I would imagine any decent veteran could come in here and do well enough until the team had the chips to go back into the draft for another QB. The only way Sanchez will set the team back is if he continues to play like he has the last year and the Jets decide to give him a 90 million dollar extension next year. That screws the team up bigtime if he doesnt show major improvement, but I cant imagine the Jets doing that.

I dont think that can be repeated enough.

Mark Sanchez:

2010:

QB rating: 75 (27th overall), comp% 55%, yard/attempt 6.49, yds/game: 206, TDs per game: 1.1

2011 so far:

QB rating: 91 (14th overall), comp% 63%, yard/attempt 8, yds/game: 295, TDs per game: 2

Seriously, the improvement the kids made with how bad our Oline has been, is impressive. Sure, he's still middle of the pack, but if he ends up the season improving that much in each major statistic, I'll be shocked. Never thought he'd be able to do it.

I was going to respond to RJF and that comment as well, but this sums it up. It really doesnt set us back at all. Especially when you think about what he's already accomplished. Sadly, the NE game last year is probably the biggest win the Jets have had since their only SB and his best game. Also, its not like some other elite QB has presented himself during that time frame via draft or FA and Cutler deals dont happen every day. Stafford. But besides the fact we couldnt get him, he's just now earning his pay check.

So we are just like every other team that doesnt have Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Big Rape and maybe the Chargers.

Seriously, the improvement the kids made with how bad our Oline has been, is impressive. Sure, he's still middle of the pack, but if he ends up the season improving that much in each major statistic, I'll be shocked. Never thought he'd be able to do it.

I was going to respond to RJF and that comment as well, but this sums it up. It really doesnt set us back at all. Especially when you think about what he's already accomplished. Sadly, the NE game last year is probably the biggest win the Jets have had since their only SB. Also, its not like some other elite QB has presented himself during that time frame via draft or FA and Cutler deals dont happen every day. Stafford. But besides the fact we couldnt get him, he's just now earning his pay check.

???

???

Meaning, you dont see deals like that every day. Teams dont typically trade away "franchise" QB's.

My point was, there hasnt been an elite option out there during the time we've had Sanchez.

The Pats, Colts, Pack, Steelers, Saints and Chargers arent trading away their QB.

Meaning, you dont see deals like that every day. Teams dont typically trade away "franchise" QB's.

My point was, there hasnt been a better option out there during the time we've had Sanchez.

The Pats, Colts, Pack, Steelers, Saints and Chargers arent trading away their QB.

Gotcha, but then again...Cutler isn't even that good. Neither is Rivers.

Sanchez is never going to be Rodgers or Brees, but he also isn't a guy that's set the franchise backwards. The second contract could, but why bitch about something that hasnt happened yet.

Gotcha, but then again...Cutler isn't even that good. Neither is Rivers.

Sanchez is never going to be Rodgers or Brees, but he also isn't a guy that's set the franchise backwards. The second contract could, but why bitch about something that hasnt happened yet.

Agreed. Thats why I said "franchise"...I think Rivers is good, but he's still searching for a trophy too. Like I said, outside the teams above, every team is in the same place IMO. There isnt that much of a difference between who ever you think is #7 on your list and who is #15, IMO. And when you look at it that way, there really arent many guys I'd take over Sanchez out there because they all suck in comparison to the top 7 as well.

Agreed. Thats why I said "franchise"...I think Rivers is good, but he's still searching for a trophy too. Like I said, outside the teams above, every team is in the same place IMO. There isnt that much of a difference between who ever you think is #7 on your list and who is #15, IMO. And when you look at it that way, there really arent many guys I'd take over Sanchez out there because they all suck in comparison to the top 7 as well.

Right. They did draft a QB this year that was pretty good in a tough conference. I'm sure going forward they'll always keep their options open. This franchise isn't completely tied to Sanchez like it's tied to Revis even. What the Jets have done with a rookie QB and a 2nd year QB who had played one season in the cream puff Pac 10 is actually pretty good all things considered.

Mark Sanchez:

2010:

2011 so far:

Just saying. He's the least of our worries right now. He's not elite or anything yet, but he's come a long way since his rookie season, and even last season and he's still getting better. I don't even need to post the 2009 stats. We all remember how he did that year. Schotty hasn't improved in 4 years, but Sanchez has. I think it's pretty obvious where the issue lies. Our defense will be back next game. I guarantee Rex will motivate them to play with that fire again. Last game, I feel the Raiders simply had a better gameplan and made better adjustments throughout the game. We adapted late again and we ran out of time on both sides of the ball. Defense gets first blame, but coaching wasn't far behind it.

This is only through 3 games this year, not 16. Apples to apples, look at the first 3 games last year: 46/79 (59%), 550 yds, 6 TD, 0 INT, 105 rating. If you want to compare last year to this year, this year is not an improvement. Compare to the first 3 games of his rookie year, and it's 49/83 (58%), 606 yds, 5 TD, 2 INT, 88 rating. Stats, particularly considering the small sample size from this year (or the first 3 games of a prior year), are not night-&-day different though it could easily be argued that last year he was better at this stage of the season (and I'd even give him a semi-pass for Schottenheimer's maddeningly stupid gameplan in the opener vs Baltimore). The rest we look at with our eyes (both the good and the bad).

holy crap, you guys act like you have never seen bret farverer play...Sure he made a bad decision when he scrambled out at the 30 yard line but to say that means he is teh sucks is wrong. He has been throwing a ton more this year and that means he will throw more pics imo.

Also, I watched this week for him to stare down receivers and he did the total opposite, he looked off the safety and came back to his target. it was very obvious on the Plax TD. Way to go Sanchize!!!

1 last thing, whichever hater(i kid, i kid) said that he should wear a visor to keep defenses from reading his eyes better watch what you wish for this week.

This is only through 3 games this year, not 16. Apples to apples, look at the first 3 games last year: 46/79 (59%), 550 yds, 6 TD, 0 INT, 105 rating. If you want to compare last year to this year, this year is not an improvement. Compare to the first 3 games of his rookie year, and it's 49/83 (58%), 606 yds, 5 TD, 2 INT, 88 rating. Stats, particularly considering the small sample size from this year (or the first 3 games of a prior year), are not night-&-day different though it could easily be argued that last year he was better at this stage of the season (and I'd even give him a semi-pass for Schottenheimer's maddeningly stupid gameplan in the opener vs Baltimore). The rest we look at with our eyes (both the good and the bad).

Exactly, and he's been a middle of the pack QB. Good in spots, bad in spots. Unless you're in the Brady, Brees Rodgers class...that's what you are. Or you're Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson bad, which Sanchez is not.

The defense needs to play a lot better for the Jets to be back where they were the past two seasons. Forcing some turnovers would be a start. Sanchez isn't going to turn into Aaron Rodgers.

Who booed during a blowout victory? Maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember.

I watched the game on TV and during the middle of the Jags game (Jets were up at least 14 points) the stadium fans booed the offense. It was clear on the TV.

Also, its not like some other elite QB has presented himself during that time frame via draft or FA and Cutler deals dont happen every day. Stafford. But besides the fact we couldnt get him, he's just now earning his pay check.

So we are just like every other team that doesnt have Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Big Rape and maybe the Chargers.

With Penningtons history I think Stafford would have been run out of town already due to missing so many games. Stafford was arguably worse as a rookie than Mark and while he played better in his few games last year they had made the offense much more basic. Im not sure if he would have handled the offseason pressure that well. The no expectations of Detroit put much less pressure on someone than being a Jets QB would. For all his faults Sanchez is pretty much the perfect guy for the town similar to how Manning is perfect for the Giants. They seem to brush these things off and not let it distract them too much.

Exactly, and he's been a middle of the pack QB. Good in spots, bad in spots. Unless you're in the Brady, Brees Rodgers class...that's what you are. Or you're Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson bad, which Sanchez is not.

The defense needs to play a lot better for the Jets to be back where they were the past two seasons. Forcing some turnovers would be a start. Sanchez isn't going to turn into Aaron Rodgers.

I agree with this. Therefore I hate him.

when they ran the ball on a 3rd and 20 or so the stadium booed.

Oh yeah. Was that after a penalty made it like 1st & 25 and we ran it 3 times in a row and punted? Well deserved booing, and they weren't booing Sanchez or even the offense so much as the play-calling. Only thing that wouldn't have elicited boos doing that is if we got the 25 yards for a first down by running it 3x in a row.

Didn't really mean money. I meant having to find a new quarterback all over again.

I'm well aware of that. I know 3 games is a small sample size although it's about 1/5 of the season. We'll see where his number lie later on, but again, his completion % (the main thing everyone bitched about last year) is getting better. Baltimore's a good defensive team, so we'll see how it goes then. Alls I'm saying is he's heading the right way, especially in completion %. If he keeps it up we'll be good, and it's hard evidence that you can't blame Sanchez for this loss, as the title name suggests.

I don't see how this is comforting. You just listed a group that's responsible for 80% of the last 10 Super Bowl wins.

Its not comforting. It just means that these Qb's dont grow on trees and every team without one is in the same position, so it doesnt really set you back at all. Again, its not like any of the younger QB who hypothetically the Jets could have are that much better than Sanchez.

I find comfort in that at least we know he steps up in the big spots and that I believe he's good enough to win a SB.

Its not comforting. It just means that these Qb's dont grow on trees and every team without one is in the same position, so it doesnt really set you back at all. Again, its not like any of the younger QB who hypothetically the Jets could have are that much better than Sanchez.

I find comfort in that at least we know he steps up in the big spots and that I believe he's good enough to win a SB.

Yeah, but its funner just to criticize Sanchez with obscure Seinfeld references and Spiderman pics.

Archived