At least Revis is still good

Matt39

I know your just being facetious but a future hold out is blocked by his contract.

Only problem with that is right after signing that contract he essentially said he didn't care about that and was already insinuating that he may hold out after this year (you know, once the bonuses and front-loaded portion of the deal have all been paid out).

Only problem with that is right after signing that contract he essentially said he didn't care about that and was already insinuating that he may hold out after this year (you know, once the bonuses and front-loaded portion of the deal have all been paid out).

if I was him i would hold out too. and i didnt remember anything about the clause i just read Rex's book and know i saw it.

I remember him saying something like this too...basically this was a band-aid deal and that he would hold out again when the time came.

if I was him i would hold out too. and i didnt remember anything about the clause i just read Rex's book and know i saw it.

I don't remember the exact details, but the point was that if he held out it added another 3 years onto the deal at a low salary. He basically responded to the reports of it by saying he didn't care because if he decided he wasn't going to play the last 2 years of his deal then he wasn't going to worry about another 3 years he wouldn't play under anyway, and said in all likelihood the deal will need to be addressed after 2 years (thus, after this season) anyway so it shouldn't matter. This was just days after he signed the deal and the reports at the time were that Tanny was absolutely furious to hear this.

I don't think it was particularly shocking that Revis would still possibly hold out, but more so that he would actually go out and publically say that. More than anything I think the deal was structured knowing Revis could still hold out, but if he did then he had to know the Jets hold the power, because if they couldn't work out a deal, his NFL career would be over, as the Jets would hold his rights for way too many years for him to ever dream of seeing the end of that contract.

show me a top flight NFL defense with all that money in the secondary. who was that a$$ clown who pick 6'ed sanchez in the third quarter sunday night ? never heard of that guy.

the best defenses have it in the front 7

teams can just avoid revis. it's nice to be able to roll coverage to cro's side, but teams just throw at smith and the LB's and cro. in the end, it's almost wasted money

QBs throwing at Darrelle Revis through 4 games have a QB rating of 3.6 - He has allowed 3 receptions in 4 games.

He's done an amazing job thus far through the season, as always, but we'll need Revis at his very best this Sunday against the Patriots. I hope to the football god's that Rex Ryan gets right down to the point, and locks Revis on Welker for 4 quarters strong. Where Welker goes, is where Revis needs to go pre-snap.

With Aaron Hernandez and Danny Woodhead both expected to miss Sunday's game... This leaves Tom Brady without two of his weapons to work with. There has never been a better time to man Revis up with Welker; until now.

- Chad Johnson isn't even on the level of an aging Randy Moss these days. He looks to be done. Only 7 receptions and 0 TD's through 4 weeks.

- Welker, Gronkowski, Branch and Hernandez lead NE in receptions this year. Without Hernandez, that leaves Welker, Gronk and Branch to worry about.

As long as Cro can limit those holding penalties, I really like Cromartie on Branch one on one this week. The 32 year old Branch has 16 receptions, 226 yards and 1 TD this year. Over the past two weeks? Only 2 catches, 4 yards and 1 TD. He's no Wes Welker.

Welker and Gronk lead NE with 5 TD's each. They combine for 10 of the 13 TD's Brady has thrown this year. Chad Johnson, Branch and Gronk combine for 41 receptions, 635 yards and 6 TD's. On the flip side, Wes Welker has put up 40 receptions, 616 yards and 5 TD's HIMSELF!

To make a long story short... Eliminate Wes Welker, and that eliminates Brady's favorite offensive weapon without question. If we can use Revis to shut down Wes Welker... We'll be able to focus on Gronkowski with our LB's while trusting that Cromartie and Wilson can hold their own against both Branch and Chad Johnson.

I'm sorry, but eliminate Wes Welker with Revis, and contain Gronkowski... And Tom Brady will struggle against our Jets defense.

show me a top flight NFL defense with all that money in the secondary. who was that a$$ clown who pick 6'ed sanchez in the third quarter sunday night ? never heard of that guy.

the best defenses have it in the front 7

teams can just avoid revis. it's nice to be able to roll coverage to cro's side, but teams just throw at smith and the LB's and cro. in the end, it's almost wasted money

What are you talking about? Without Revis... We never finish with the #1 defense in 2009. Without Revis, we never rank as a top 5 defense last year. And without Revis, there is no way Rex Ryan could have led us to consecutive AFC Championship games. He's truly a great all-around defensive player, and with the league becoming a pass-happy league... There has NEVER been a better time to have a shut down cornerback... Until now.

This has became a passing league. And it's a blessing that the Jets not only have the leagues #1 pass defense, but also Darrelle Revis himself. This man dominates games and completely eliminates an entire side of the field. Look at what Dez Bryant was doing against our defense. In comes Revis. Bryant made 1 catch against Revis and was shut down the rest of the game. But before Revis? We had no answer for Dez Bryant. None what so ever. Then we locked Revis up with Bryant one on one... And that was that.

We do more than just "roll coverages to Cro's side". What the hell are you talking about? Because of Revis... We're able to completely eliminate opposing quarterbackss #1 WR targets. You say teams can just "avoid Revis", well, then... Guess what that means? It means that, as a defensive unit, we're also avoiding #1 WR's at the same time.

It's just sad, how some of our own fan base, doesn't understand how special Darrelle Revis has really been. He's on the verge of going down as the greatest coverage corner who's ever played this game. For the Jet fans who don't understand exactly what Revis does for our entire defense... Nevermind.

I'm wondering why Tannenbaum doesn't go ahead and tear the contract up now and work out the extension like the Steelers did with Polamalu and the Ravens did with Ngata. Revis isn't playing next year for $8 mil. Why invite the drama? So you can have another humiliating holdout saga?

I'm wondering why Tannenbaum doesn't go ahead and tear the contract up now and work out the extension like the Steelers did with Polamalu and the Ravens did with Ngata. Revis isn't playing next year for $8 mil. Why invite the drama? So you can have another humiliating holdout saga?

Do you truly believe that you're a step ahead or even smarter than Tanny / Woody? That's why you don't work in the front office, and Tannenbaum does.

Darrelle Revis Deal Contains a No Holdout Clause.

Do you truly believe that you're a step ahead or even smarter than Tanny / Woody? That's why you don't work in the front office, and Tannenbaum does.

I'm confused...where are the other 9,000 words of this post? Will they appear in the remix?

It's debatable that the no-holdout incentive will actually be a deterrent to Revis. Almost immediately after signing this current deal, he implied it wouldn't be. All the clause states is that he'll get an extra $5 mil in 2014 in exchange for playing for way under market in 2012 and 2013, assuming he doesn't break an ankle before then and watches the contract torn up entirely.

ya thank God revis is still good because as a jets fan it's less painful to watch opponents' WR2 and WR3 torch us

Say what? The Jets are second in the league in pass defense in YPG and first in comp% / QB Rating, and no WR has yet to torch Wilson this season, the kid has had a hell of a start to the season. If anything, the biggest issue, outside of the Dallas game, has been the penalties on Cro. Well that and the fact that Eric Smith still sucks donkey balls.

Yep, our passing D is the one part of this team that's playing excellent football overall. Cro did have one terrible game and made an error that pretty much cost us the Raiders game. My concern this game is stopping the run. If we can do that, Brady will be feeling pressure all game. I'm not worried about the Pats defense, especially if Mangold is back.

Revis is playing his a$$ off right now. He's still the best player on our team and it shows. We'll see good things from our defense this weekend. I'm sure of it. My guess is he'll be matched with welker most of the time, while cro floats between Chad Johnson and Branch. I won't be surprised if we see Wilson covering Welker every now and then in the slot.

if you are willing to ignore the entire document, you will ignore a single clause. he will hold out, guaranteed

I'm confused...where are the other 9,000 words of this post? Will they appear in the remix?

It's debatable that the no-holdout incentive will actually be a deterrent to Revis. Almost immediately after signing this current deal, he implied it wouldn't be. All the clause states is that he'll get an extra $5 mil in 2014 in exchange for playing for way under market in 2012 and 2013, assuming he doesn't break an ankle before then and watches the contract torn up entirely.

Implied? No. He flat-out said it probably wouldn't be.

Archived