Holmes is right

BornJetsFan1983

After the Oak loss he said Shotty needs to adapt the game plan better...

(i think maybe he should look at the team he's going against and what he's got first before deciding what he is going call, I mean seriously)

Then after the loss in Baltimore he said the problem on offense "starts up front with the big guys," adding that Sanchez "has to do a better job of making reads and getting the ball where he needs to, so his play-makers can make plays."

(obviously he's right, this is a classic madden type comment, nothing controversial, but damn it if Shotty just seemed to not see/care/or know how to deal with a aggressive defense. Screen, quick passes, anything like that would have been nice in Baltimore. Its not like it was a secret that our line was suspect and the the raven defense was bringing heat. I think any Off. Coord in the league would have game planned accordingly with some LT action, but that just goes to the widely discussed topic here, Shotty is probably the worst coord in the league)

All in all Tone Time is right and i hope that this offense gets it together for the Pats game. Sanchez should have a great game, he better be throwing the rock against that pass D.

Really I wish some more of the Captains would say something or act like maybe something is wrong.

I love to see REX come out and say this is where we get back on track..oh wait i think he did, Rex is awesome...anyone who think he needs to go is ignorant...

Tone is a team captain. This means he puts the team first above all else and leads by example. Taking the 50 mil and the C on his jersey...you'd think he'd try to be a leader in-house, and not a media soundbite artist. He's a whore for admiration. Media admiration. And Now I believe more than ever that BE should have been retained and Santonio cut loose by the Jets the way he was by the Steelers. He is absolutely not helping this team become anything more than a target for criticism. **** him. Very very **** him.

Tone is a team captain. This means he puts the team first above all else and leads by example. Taking the 50 mil and the C on his jersey...you'd think he'd try to be a leader in-house, and not a media soundbite artist. He's a whore for admiration. Media admiration. And Now I believe more than ever that BE should have been retained and Santonio cut loose by the Jets the way he was by the Steelers. He is absolutely not helping this team become anything more than a target for criticism. **** him. Very very **** him.

befor you go bashing Tone you should of done a little more research on the subject. Holmes did not run and tell the media this. he told his team mates. I can't remember wich guy it was I think it was an O-linemen that then went and told a reporter what holmes said. so No Holmes did not go and throw his team under the bus, u got a bitch a$$ lineman that likes to gossip, maybe he wanted to get a story going so people wouldn't talk so bad about the way he played!

uugghhhhhh!!! ahhhh!!! uhhhhh!! ok I just finished Pooooping on this crow. Dinner is served.

befor you go bashing Tone you should of done a little more research on the subject. Holmes did not run and tell the media this. he told his team mates. I can't remember wich guy it was I think it was an O-linemen that then went and told a reporter what holmes said. so No Holmes did not go and throw his team under the bus, u got a bitch a$$ lineman that likes to gossip, maybe he wanted to get a story going so people wouldn't talk so bad about the way he played!

uugghhhhhh!!! ahhhh!!! uhhhhh!! ok I just finished Pooooping on this crow. Dinner is served.

It was Matt Slawson.

Dissent is a disease and it spreads. The way to get rid of it is to shine light on it and address it. Ultimately the disease usually has to be uprooted and discarded. This keep quiet and stay the course when that course is leading you towards the cliff's edge is an old and tired way of doing things. There is a lot of proof to back up that when a flaw is honestly addressed, only then can the healing process begin.

I am not a fan of speaking out to the media when someone should be talking man to man, but getting it out there may be a way to shine light on it. Who cares as long as they change something here?

You're misguided hate has been fun to read lately. As others said, he didnt say this to the media. Also, he said multiple times he doesnt care how many catches he has but the offense needs to adapt to what the defense is doing. You cant stick to the same game plan if its not working. At the end of the day, its about winning.

He's 100% right on the money.

Holmes is right. Why did they sign he and Burress if they REALLY believed this was a ground and pound offense. There's not much point to spending that much of your cap on WRs if you don't plan to utilize them. Could've then had Crotchery, Kerley and Patrick Truners and used that cap room on signing an NFL guard(Ollie Kreutz?) instead of this nonsense.

No matter-they have to make a dog's breakfast out of waht OL talent they have and can get off the street. It would appear our GM wanted to have a serious passing game, and the coaching staff ...didn't.

As to ground and pound-there hasn't been a team winning the Super Bowl without a serious passing attack in....forever. In fact we've had a mess of teams get there and win without "establishing the run". The rules beg you to pass.

Your dead wrong. After the game on SNY he was interviewed and made these comments, I was watching.

There is no defense for this crap. He may be right, but you keep it in the locker room and team meetings. We, as fans and the media have no business hearing this stuff, it is really not our business. It makes the TEAM weak.

Wrong. Tone's criticisms were made directly to the media. From his own mouth. Slauson had absolutely nothing to do with it. You're confusing Slauson quoting Rex with Slauson quoting Holmes--which never happened. Not only did Holmes go to the press...but when Sanchez tried to spin it by saying they spoke privately afterward and resolved the issue. Holmes contridicicted him saying "there was no private meeting". Making Sanchez look like an idiot and a liar. Maybe you should have done a bit of research on the subject.

You're misguided hate has been fun to read lately. As others said, he didnt say this to the media. Also, he said multiple times he doesnt care how many catches he has but the offense needs to adapt to what the defense is doing. You cant stick to the same game plan if its not working. At the end of the day, its about winning.

He's 100% right on the money.

see above.

Holmes is not right. Holmes is an a$$ hole. He did say this to the Media, and that is what Sanchez is pissed about.

Even if what he says is true you don't go to the media and cry baby, you walk 4 lockers down and talk to the other team captain, Sanchez.

Holmes has no reason to throw anyone under the bus. He has enough to correct himself. Several dropped balls, Waving at a few not perfectly thrown balls, standing and watching that interception go the other way.

He just doesn't get what being a team captain is about. If you have a problem with a player you go talk to him directly, not be a diva.

Big mistake making this clown a captain

see above.

If thats the case, then I appologize, I just go by what I read here and hadnt seen this article. But still think you've had a lot of misguided comments lately. ;-)

Either way, Holmes is right. And I have no problem with what he said...its not like what he said was wrong or he insulted anyone. Saying we need to do a better job upfront is obvious and saying we need to adapt to the defense is obvious and saying Sanchez needs to make better decisions is obvious. Its not like his comments were ground breaking observations.

If thats the case, then I appologize, I just go by what I read here and hadnt seen this article. But still think you've had a lot of misguided comments lately. ;-)

Either way, Holmes is right. And I have no problem with what he said...its not like what he said was wrong or he insulted anyone. Saying we need to do a better job upfront is obvious and saying we need to adapt to the defense is obvious and saying Sanchez needs to make better decisions is obvious. Its not like his comments were ground breaking observations.

Yes, but he should have not said it to the media, that was not a good move by a so called captain.

Yes. This I agree with. I'm now Angry Sirlance. It may be due to a lack of fiber in my diet. Anyway I like to switch it up and keep you guys guessing. In December I'm switching over to Cuddly Sirlance and then I have Whimsical Sirlance scheduled for March. Looking ahead I'm working on a Takes-Everything-Way-Too -Literally Sirlance and a Turns-everything-into-a-philosophical-existentialist-crisis Sirlance. Those last two are still in the early development stages, though.

Yes. This I agree with. I'm now Angry Sirlance. It may be due to a lack of fiber in my diet. Anyway I like to switch it up and keep you guys guessing. In December I'm switching over to Cuddly Sirlance and then I have Whimsical Sirlance scheduled for March. Looking ahead I'm working on a Takes-Everything-Way-Too -Literally Sirlance and a Turns-everything-into-a-philosophical-existentialist-crisis Sirlance. Those last two are still in the early development stages, though.

This the sirlance that I've come to know and love.

Just wanted to make sure everything was o.k.

holmes is a bitch

he said that having the C means people have to listen to what he says

**** him

he has no idea what the C means, which is why he has never been a captain before, ever in his life, going back to JV basketball (courtesy NBC broadcast)

bitch

Nah, it really isn't. Especially considering Holmes already apologized for it.

are you referring to the apology where he said he also called out the WR's but didn't ? yeah, he can take that apology and shove it in his pipe

^yes they do. that's their job.

Holmes is not right. Holmes is an a$$ hole. He did say this to the Media, and that is what Sanchez is pissed about.

Even if what he says is true you don't go to the media and cry baby, you walk 4 lockers down and talk to the other team captain, Sanchez.

Holmes has no reason to throw anyone under the bus. He has enough to correct himself. Several dropped balls, Waving at a few not perfectly thrown balls, standing and watching that interception go the other way.

He just doesn't get what being a team captain is about. If you have a problem with a player you go talk to him directly, not be a diva.

Big mistake making this clown a captain

My bullsh*t alarm is screaming right now. Several drops?? Huh? He's barely gotten targeted and the throws have been off most of the time because Sanchez rushed to get it off. His endzone grab was a really tough catch. Holmes isn't superhuman, he had no chance on stopping that pick. I want proof of Holmes "several" drops that were perfect throws this year. Go ahead. Who really cares if Holmes said it to the media, you know he said it to the team. He was correct in what he said. I didn't realize that analyzing the situation and telling it like it is was a bad thing. You know Rex is our coach, right? As captain you need to point out what's wrong and try to help the team fix it. He's perfect for that.

^yes they do. that's their job.

My bullsh*t alarm is screaming right now. Several drops?? Huh? He's barely gotten targeted and the throws have been off most of the time because Sanchez rushed to get it off. His endzone grab was a really tough catch. Holmes isn't superhuman, he had no chance on stopping that pick. I want proof of Holmes "several" drops that were perfect throws this year. Go ahead. Who really cares if Holmes said it to the media, you know he said it to the team. He was correct in what he said. I didn't realize that analyzing the situation and telling it like it is was a bad thing. You know Rex is our coach, right? As captain you need to point out what's wrong and try to help the team fix it. He's perfect for that.

the clown didn't even say one thing about himself

all good captains point the finger at themselves first and say the whole team has to play better. they never single anyone out, and NEVER do it and leave themselves out of it entirely. and he lied about that in his "going through the motions to shut everyone up" apology

he's a clutch WR, but a lousy captain

Archived