Here are the throwbacks the Patriots are wearing this week

JOJOTOWNSELL

I love the red...but hate Pat Patriot. It's a picture of a squating, constipated man trying to look tough while posing as a football center with his revolutionary uniform on. Plus, what has he done for me besides the worst, lopsided defeat in SB history? Screw Pat Patriot. At least Flying Elvis has paid dividends....and Flying Elvis is just a bad design.

I grew up outside of albany NY in the 70's, and all dad ( a giants fan) could get for me (before the innerweb and big box retailers) was the patriots helmet when I turned 7

yes, I used to rock it, and I would cause much mayhem in the house. put some holes in walls by flying headfirst into doors, and the knob made a nice round hole in the wall

one year, mom got me an ernie stautner autographed cowboys team photo from one of the SB teams with staubach

but neither team stuck

what might have been !!!

lol

I grew up outside of albany NY in the 70's, and all dad ( a giants fan) could get for me (before the innerweb and big box retailers) was the patriots helmet when I turned 7

yes, I used to rock it, and I would cause much mayhem in the house. put some holes in walls by flying headfirst into doors, and the knob made a nice round hole in the wall

one year, mom got me an ernie stautner autographed cowboys team photo from one of the SB teams with staubach

but neither team stuck

what might have been !!!

lol

The Hutch sets were great. I rotated Freeman McNeil and Don Mattingly for Halloween pretty much every year.

Cant find a pic of the Jets set- but these were so bad a$$ as a kid...game pants and everything

4402795663_8249ec6955_o.jpg

The Hutch sets were great. I rotated Freeman McNeil and Don Mattingly for Halloween pretty much every year.

Cant find a pic of the Jets set- but these were so bad a$$ as a kid...game pants and everything

4402795663_8249ec6955_o.jpg

I had an Esaison Bengals uniform growing up. Those things were awesome.

The second caption in the article read:

Man, those throwback uniforms sure do take me back to the good old days. You know, way back to the 1992 season when the Patriots last wore these uniforms regularly, which leads me to wonder: will the Pats fans even know who the Patriots are when they come out of the tunnel for pregame introductions? 1992 was an awful long time ago — way before their first Super Bowl victory in 2001. I bet some Patriots fans didn’t even know they had an NFL team before that.

I live in Connecticut on the border between New York and Boston sports fans. Before they went to the Super Bowl in 1984, almost everyone around here was a Giant fan-no Patriot jerseys or hats at all. Under Steve Grogan the Patriots got to the SuperBowl, (although got slaughtered there) and they picked up a few fans-but were still outnumbered by Giants fans.Only after Brady took over did all these "fans" suddenly start wearing Patriot shirts, caps and whatnot, and started talking like they were Patriot fans from way, way back.

Not that many Jets fans around here-the Giants had too much of a head start, besides they played in Connecticut for a brief spell-but at least we don't go around pretending to be something else, then switch when it's convenient.

they are much better looking then the blue and gold BS and i loved them as a kid....still remember my green a$$, early-90's starter jacket haha

this, Kraft showing love and loyalty to his fan base and bringing back uniforms of teams the fans remembered growing up rooting for and learning to love the team.

Meanwhile we get Woody trying to sell more jerseys.

Archived