Palmer to the Raiders

Matt39

Are these really back-to-back posts of yours?

Lol

IMO that honor belongs to Revis.

as good as Revis is, imo it's not close... Just from watching, Rdogers is more clearly superior to his peers then Revis is.. And I'm not even talking about stats, he makes plays when things break down that BRady/Manning never could.. plus, he's a good a pure passer as those two

Jesus. I never thought we'd get a 1st round pick for a washed up QB! Cha-Ching!

Tell you the truth I like how Cincy handled this whole situation. Everyone thought they were crazy.

A first rounder for Palmer at this point? WOW. Everyone thought he was going to be released for nothing

Tell you the truth I like how Cincy handled this whole situation. Everyone thought they were crazy.

A first rounder for Palmer at this point? WOW. Everyone thought he was going to be released for nothing

A potential 2 first rounders. What a steal for Cincy. Meanwhile the Raiders draft will look like this next season.

5th, 6th, 7th. And people complain about Tanny not having enough draft picks.

Don't like this move for them, but I think the Raiders see a window here with their division being pretty weak... I'll tell you, I wonder how our offense would look with Palmer???

Remember how Revis looked running back that INT last night for the pick 6?

Well the other team would be doing it instead.

You have to wonder if they were banking on a QB getting hurt for a contending team

Gutsy move by the Raiders. I like it. Everyone got what they wanted, just like a trade should be.

Yup. I agree... and as far as the people saying "they paid too much" ... there is no basis for that statement until we see how it turns out. If they win a SB, then its totally worth it.

Frankly, when a franchise is irrelevant for almost 2 decades - sometimes they have to overpay to tear down a culture of losing.

Gutsy move by the Raiders. I like it. Everyone got what they wanted, just like a trade should be.

I agree -- very much a prototypical Raider deal. It's as though Al channeled the trade. Tell you what, the Bengals will be turning the corner very soon. Solid defense, a promising young QB and ammo for the draft.

I agree -- very much a prototypical Raider deal. It's as though Al channeled the trade. Tell you what, the Bengals will be turning the corner very soon. Solid defense, a promising young QB and ammo for the draft.

Yeah the Bengals should pick up in 3-5 years.

I like what the Raiders are doing right now. Since the Seymour pickup they've gotten serious, and Palmer could be someone who can execute the offense and facilitate the ball to the young receiving corps they have (I like Murphy and Boss, Heyward-Bey might like Palmer's arm, and Moore could be a good one too).

The Raiders are a good team but they could have just mortgaged their future. To give up a first rounder and a conditional first rounder is just insane and reeks of desperation. I wouldn't give up a third or fourth rounder for a 32 year old who has had injury problems and is on the downside of his career. Great trade for Cincy. Merry Christmas.

The Raiders are a good team but they could have just mortgaged their future. To give up a first rounder and a conditional first rounder is just insane and reeks of desperation. I wouldn't give up a third or fourth rounder for a 32 year old who has had injury problems and is on the downside of his career. Great trade for Cincy. Merry Christmas.

The way I see it for the Raiders..they're not getting Luck, and after him there's no real slam dunk in college football. Aaron Murray and Robert Griffin III aren't really first round picks at QB, though they're both pretty interesting as prospects. Get a solid vet, let him execute and let the young, fast guys be young and fast, and maybe things end well. Either way, they're filling the QB position while they can, and it's a definite upgrade from what they have.

There are no slam dunks in drafting college players. Luck included.

Which only makes it even more of a good idea to go after a mostly proven talent while you can get it.

The Cardinals sent a big upside starting corner and a 2nd for Kevin Kolb. The Jets traded picks 17 and 52 as well as 3 starters (at the time) and then paid Mark Sanchez. You have to pay to get a QB. I think Palmer's got alot left in the tank if the team he's going to gives a crap, and the Raiders have been trying since they used a first on another finished vet.

HUH? Palmer was done 2 years ago and to give a 1st rounder away for him?

Do you really think Palmer was done ? He came back from serious knee injuries and took his team to the playoffs. When Brady came back from his knee injury it took him time to get rolling and I remember some people saying he might be done as well. I think a fresh Carson Palmer will be huge for the Raiders and make them a serious contender for sure. May not happen this year since It may take some time for him to get used to a new system mid season but next year, watch out.

It's a good trade. Palmer was miserable in Cincinnati. Put him back in SoCal, with that running game and that speed at receiver and he might give a sh*t.

someone just sent this image link to me and it reminded me of this thread..

7ed40e1042c30788e1de36e4b1727d6a_original.jpg?59b31aa1

Jesus. I never thought we'd get a 1st round pick for a washed up QB! Cha-Ching!

My thoughts exactly. The Bengals walked away with a huge steal, especially considering the fact that Andy Dalton looks like one of the best rookie QB's since maybe Matt Ryan of 08. Key word "one of the best", because it's obvious that Newton is just potential greatness.

Dalton has a better QB rating at 84.3 when compared to Newton, a better completion percentage at 62.4%, a better TD to INT ration with 7 TD's/5 INT's (Newton being at 8 TD's/9 INT's). Although Newton has passed for 792 more yards than Dalton, rushed for 266 yards and 7 TD's.

But still, this doesn't change the fact that the Bengals walked away with a steal of a 1st round draft pick. It could end up becoming a very good 1st rounder as well. The Raiders may have 4 wins as of right now, but they may not finish with anything more than 6 or 7 wins. Especially if Palmer can't return to form.

I understand the Bengals may have plenty of team needs, as do all teams... But if I were the Bengals, and I finish with a top 12 pick because of the Raiders... I'm going RB during the 1st round, in a split second too. Dalton is a potential franchise QB. I can't remember the last time I've seen a rookie WR as good as AJ Green and with a young stud for a RB? The Bengals could have one hell of a young TRIO at the QB, WR and RB positions. Work on the offensive line and we're talking strong offense for many of years to come. Benson is turning 29 in December, pushing 30... A young, explosive RB to develop with both Dalton and AJ Green could become scary for Steeler and Ravens D's. Jermaine Gresham is another young TE I've loved since being drafted. I'm telling you, this Bengals offense has a neuciles full of young talent. At skilled positions too. Go get that RB during round 1 of this year, and you guys are talking.

I understand the Bengals may have plenty of team needs, as do all teams... But if I were the Bengals, and I finish with a top 12 pick because of the Raiders... I'm going RB during the 1st round,

As would I. Please bear in mind the last time Cincy went with an RB in the 1st round was in 2004 with Chris Perry out of Michigan. That ended up beings as successful as a financial investment with Bernie Madoff. Maybe Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis will be ready to give it a shot again, and FWIW you see other teams situations quite well.

Archived