For Jets To Win, Pats Have To Lose 3 In A Row

kelticwizard

The Jets have shown consistency enough on defense that I don't think the Pats offense will be our undoing.

As with every other game, we need the offense to show up. A performance like last week, and we will undoubtably lose. There's no chance we can get away with a 3 point half, and the skill of our opponents secondary seems to bear little relevance on our offensive performance.

Offense needs the reach the mid to high 20s. That'll be the difference maker.

Giants got away with a 0 point half. ;)

That said, the offense definitely needs to put up points in the mid-to-high 20s.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady is a homo, if we get to him early he'll get ansy and starting getting rid of the ball too quickly.

Thier defense sucks (but did play a bit better till the end yesterday), but our offense is generally poor.. Should be a tight game

I honestly don't know what you're basing this on.

Sure, in the last 2 weeks, the Jets have won and the Pats have lost. But, last time they played, the Pats beat the Jets pretty easily.

Logically, I don't know where this confidence comes from.

jif's a women and isn't governed by logic

Sure, in the last 2 weeks, the Jets have won and the Pats have lost. But, last time they played, the Pats beat the Jets pretty easily.

Pretty simple. That Jets are on a 3 game winning streak playing their best Football while the Pats should be on a 3 game losing streak if Romo wasnt in the business of handing out wins to other teams and playing their worst Football.

That unstoppable Pats offense, has been pretty much shut down in 3 straight games, 20, 17, 20. I like the Jets D over the Cowboys, Giants and maybe even more so than the Steelers because of the Jets ability to disrupt the passing game. I showed a chart last week of the decline of the Pats offense. Its nothing to be scared of anymore and has regressed every single game since week 1 and I'm confident that trend is still happening after yesterdays loss. Dont even get me started on their defense.

Hey, I get it. They beat us in their house when we werent playing well. But, its crazy how much can change in 3 weeks. The Jets are hitting the stride while the Pats are looking for answers. Home game, for the division, I like the Jets.

The internet told him that Scott Chandler would kill us. The internet told him that Mark Sanchez wasn't good. Scott Chandler didn't do anything. He has confidence in Mark Sanchez. He has confidence in this defense. He has confidence in wins. He has confidence in himself.

Confidence. He has it.

fin.

jif's a women and isn't governed by logic

Whatever, I've been the most logical person on this site lately. I predicted this exact scenario and I've predicted every single game perfectly thus far this season....using....logic. While the rest of this board has been standing on a ledge.

The internet told him that Scott Chandler would kill us. The internet told him that Mark Sanchez wasn't good. Scott Chandler didn't do anything. He has confidence in Mark Sanchez. He has confidence in this defense. He has confidence in wins. He has confidence in himself.

Confidence. He has it.

fin.

The internet didnt tell me anything...the "experts" on the television were telling me those things. You think I listen to any of you morons? Please.

Whatever, I've been the most logical person on this site lately. I predicted this exact scenario and I've predicted every single game perfectly thus far this season....using....logic. While the rest of this board has been standing on a ledge.

Huh... You predicted we'd beat 3 bad/overrated teams in a row? Amazing, really

Hey. They laughed at Louis Armstrong when he said he was gonna go to the moon. Now he's up there, laughing at them.

Huh... You predicted we'd beat 3 bad/overrated teams in a row? Amazing, really

I've predicted the entire season perfectly and I'm predicting a win over the Pats this week.

I'm on fire right now. And everyone is trying to get all up in my spot light. Keep hating. This homer knows his Football. It hurts, I know.

Pretty simple. That Jets are on a 3 game winning streak playing their best Football while the Pats should be on a 3 game losing streak if Romo wasnt in the business of handing out wins to other teams and playing their worst Football.

That unstoppable Pats offense, has been pretty much shut down in 3 straight games, 20, 17, 20. I like the Jets D over the Cowboys, Giants and maybe even more so than the Steelers because of the Jets ability to disrupt the passing game. I showed a chart last week of the decline of the Pats offense. Its nothing to be scared of anymore and has regressed every single game since week 1 and I'm confident that trend is still happening after yesterdays loss. Dont even get me started on their defense.

Hey, I get it. They beat us in their house when we werent playing well. But, its crazy how much can change in 3 weeks. The Jets are hitting the stride while the Pats are looking for answers. Home game, for the division, I like the Jets.

I don't disagree with any of this. I think the Jets can win. I just haven't seen anything to make me confident that they will. We couldn't take advantage of their awful defense last time. I'm not sure we will this time.

It should be a good game, and we really need the win. Especially considering a win puts us on a fast track winning the AFCE.

We've got DEN, BUF, WAS, KC next, and those are all very winnable games for this team. Take out the Pats and we're on our way. Don't do it, and who knows.

I don't disagree with any of this. I think the Jets can win. I just haven't seen anything to make me confident that they will. We couldn't take advantage of their awful defense last time. I'm not sure we will this time.

It should be a good game, and we really need the win. Especially considering a win puts us on a fast track winning the AFCE.

We've got DEN, BUF, WAS, KC next, and those are all very winnable games for this team. Take out the Pats and we're on our way. Don't do it, and who knows.

I'm not confident, but I do believe in momentum and how a team is playing at a given time helps dictate the rate of success in a given week.

The Jets had come off 2 brutal road losses, couldn't buy a 1st down, when they played the Pats. The game was actually close at halftime, but the offense remained in a funk the second half and the D got worn down.

If the Jets of a month ago plays next week, then the Jets will certainly lose. But if the Jets of now play, they have a good chance of winning.

Last, it's a matchup thing. The Jets' weakness is the Pats' weakness, while the Jets strenghth is now better than the Pats' strength. Add to that the fact that the Jets are playing at home. With all that I should be confident. But these are still the Jets. I prefer to see it rather than believe.

You're right...you win and you're in control. Lose and you have to win while crossing your fingers. But I've seen plenty to believe they will win. The D is lights out. And the offense is finally getting it together. The Jets have a championship defense and dont see them letting us down in this game.

the_absurdly_premature_playoff_picture_week_.png

Last, it's a matchup thing. The Jets' weakness is the Pats' weakness, while the Jets strenghth is now better than the Pats' strength.

Thats the other thing.

Across the board, taking out Brady and the TE's...is there a player you'd rather have on the Jets over any of ours? Maybe Wilfork and Mankins?

Then read the Iliad. Or at least the name of the dude that wrote it.

It's amazing how much better Greene becomes when there are actually running lanes.

He is hitting holes harder and running with more drive. The first 4 games of the year, he looked like RB who just had a guaranteed contract given to him.

Yes, the o-line is playing better and seems to better understand what each other are doing, but also Greene is running with more purpose and finishing runs.

My prayer is, with that style, that he stays healthy. Supposedly, he passed concussion tests yesterday

You're right...you win and you're in control. Lose and you have to win while crossing your fingers. But I've seen plenty to believe they will win. The D is lights out. And the offense is finally getting it together. The Jets have a championship defense and dont see them letting us down in this game.

So wait, the Patriots had their highest Y/P/P against the Dolphis and lowest against the Steelers?

Amazing stuff ;)

Did you make this chart yourself?

If so, that's impressive as hell!! :sign0098:

The Jets gave the NFL the blueprint on how to stop Brady and the Pats no reason we cant win this game at home. I say we run the ball down their throats then end it for them with play action vs their hidious secondary :) . Lets just hope Shotty does not regress and try to run up the middle at the Pats Strength we do much better off tackle.

So wait, the Patriots had their highest Y/P/P against the Dolphis and lowest against the Steelers?

Amazing stuff ;)

Ha! Mind blowing right?

But the proof is in the pudding...they started off hot but they arent all that. Steady decline in yards, pts, etc and everything you can look at offensively. The Pats offense doesnt scare anyone anymore. They have no game breakers. Its a great system, orchestrated by an all time great, but they dont scare you the way great offensive teams do.

Ha! Mind blowing right?

But the proof is in the pudding...they started off hot but they arent all that. Steady decline in yards, pts, etc and everything you can look at offensively. The Pats offense doesnt scare anyone anymore. They have no game breakers. Its a great system, orchestrated by an all time great, but they dont scare you the way great offensive teams do.

The game is there for the Jets to take it by the throat.

Hopefully, they have a little confidence, as they often approach these games in an attempt to start it as a dance and just spar and feel out a little bit. They never seem to want to set tempo, and have tempo dictated to them.

You know what, win the toss take the ball and come out slinging.

Hopefully no Leonard type injuries this week to break momentum

Would be great, but I can't see the pats losing 3 in a row. I hope the JETS make it happen though

Why not?

The last 2 times the Pats had lost 2 in a row in the next game they faced a losing team and won. Before that they faced a winning team and lost.

There's nothing magical about the Pats losing 3 in a row.

Why not?

The last 2 times the Pats had lost 2 in a row in the next game they faced a losing team and won. Before that they faced a winning team and lost.

There's nothing magical about the Pats losing 3 in a row.

Nothing that happened in the past affects how this game will be played or decide the outcome. It will be decided on the field, absent past stats or streaks.

Otherwise, the Giants would not have bothered showing up yesterday.

The Jets gave the NFL the blueprint on how to stop Brady and the Pats no reason we cant win this game at home. I say we run the ball down their throats then end it for them with play action vs their hidious secondary :) . Lets just hope Shotty does not regress and try to run up the middle at the Pats Strength we do much better off tackle.

hey Smash I saw a stat on the crawl on ESPN this morning that said Sanchez was 11-12 passing yesterday while running the play action

The same offense that 4 weeks ago against the Jets scored 30 points, had a JAG RB run for 130+ yards, and saw Brady throw for 300+, including a 73-yarder to Wes Welker?

I think the Pats are overrated, but methinks you're overstating their demise a wee bit as it relates to Sunday's contest.

Methinks you are over-valuing week 3 post-lockout defenses in comparison to mid-season calibrated defesenses. It is far harder to react to a play than to run it.

Methinks you are over-valuing week 3 post-lockout defenses in comparison to mid-season calibrated defesenses.

I hope that I am, but the assertion that the Pats have a "one-dimensional offense that has been figured out" when that very unit dismantled the Jets' defense a mere month ago is a bit bombastic, no?

Archived