So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

Matt39

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, and if they never threw it when Greene was out there, people would complain that Schotty is telegraphing. The amount of logical contortion people do to blame Schotty is absurd

I'm actually curious... In the 3 years Rex has been here. How many losses haven't been "Schotty's fault"?

Serious question.

I'm actually curious... In the 3 years Rex has been here. How many losses haven't been "Schotty's fault"?

Serious question.

What difference does that make? Sure, the losses aren't all Schotty's fault, just as they weren't all Chad's fault in 02 - 07. Who really gives a sh*t? They still both sucked at their jobs, and were a major detriment to their respective teams. The inepitutude of their fellow players and coaches doesn't change that one bit, and you know that as well as anyone.

What difference does that make? Sure, the losses aren't all Schotty's fault, just as they weren't all Chad's fault in 02 - 07. Who really gives a sh*t? They still both sucked at their jobs, and were a major detriment to their respective teams. The inepitutude of their fellow players and coaches doesn't change that one bit, and you know that as well as anyone.

Exactly.

I can't fathom how Jets keep on going, "Maybe it will work with this QB" under Schitty.

Apparently when the Jets lose all sense of context goes out the window. Given that the Patriots have an awesome offense and a terrible defense, which of our two units do you think we should be more disappointed in?

I agree. Muffed punts, passes off of faces, dropped interceptions, failing to line up correctly on defense, a dlineman getting outmuscled in a scrum by a QB all fall back on Sanchez. Where's the context?

I agree. Muffed punts, passes off of faces, dropped interceptions, a dlineman getting outmuscled in a scrum by a QB all fall back on Sanchez. Where's the context?

The whole team showed their a$$ last night. But you started the blame apportionment game, so here's the lightning round. The defense let up 30 points to one of the best offenses in football. Bad. The offense effectively scored 10 points against the worst defense in football. Indefensible.

I did watch the replay. He threw a laser at a RB's face right when he turned around for the ball. Most WR's dont catch that, let alone a not so good pass catching RB.

Take something off that pass, throw it at his chest. The pass was horrible and so was the catch.

Is this tongue and cheek?

You might want to check the video of the play at Patriots.com.

Greene was facing Sanchez. That was Greene' fault.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlights-Patriots-at-Jets/d377c1be-f2fe-4a4c-a6ec-a10db8becaf1

The whole team showed their a$$ last night. But you started the blame apportionment game, so here's the lightning round. The defense let up 30 points to one of the best offenses in football. Bad. The offense effectively scored 10 points against the worst defense in football. Indefensible.

True- however, the two biggest drives of the game for the Pats both came when our defense was given the lead. Both times, they came up absurdly small. The Pats offense certainly isn't unstoppable. I thought our defensive game plan last night was bad. Blitzing directly into linemen doesnt work....but at some point, make a play.

Apparently when the Jets lose all sense of context goes out the window. Given that the Patriots have an awesome offense and a terrible defense, which of our two units do you think we should be more disappointed in?

I can see the argument both ways. The offense clearly had the much easier matchup, but the defense is also supposed to be the far better unit. Even in the first half when Brady was playing like crap before that last drive the D couldn't make a play to save their lives, so it goes just beyond this matchup. As sad as it to say, the offense actually outperformed the defense in this game. The Jets offense at least put together 3 good series. The defense sure as hell can't say that. The safety was pretty much the only play the Jets D did a damn thing the whole game. That said, both units sucked beyond belief, so neither one deserves to get more of the criticism because the other sure as hell doesn't deserve to get any less blame.

I couldn't agree more.

Here's the main difference between the so-called "Sanchez lovers" and the so-called "Sanchez haters:" (and no, Chan, I am not lumping you in wither either group)

Most of the "Sanchez lovers" can admit when Sanchez makes a mistake or poor decision because we aren't so much "Sanchez lovers" as we are rational people who understand that different QBs have different learning curves.

The Sanchez haters can't bring themselves to give the kid credit for anything. Whether he makes a good read, a great throw or just pulls off a smart play, its always someone else who made it possible.

Funny. I see it completely the other way. Sanchize pole smokers feel he does no wrong and its always someone else's fault. Sanchize haters give him credit for doing things decent QB's are supposed to do.

Yeah Im still confused how that's Sanchez fault. If Greene cant make that catch he shouldnt even be near the field. A bad high school back can make that catch.

Sanchez didnt throw a good ball there. However, Shonn HAS TO make that catch.

Both made mistakes, but the big boo-boo f#ck up on that play is Greene. But Sanchez HAS to throw better than that. Maybe he can realize it and learn from it as fans make excuses for him and the team.

I said it already numerous times....the KID is JUST NOT READY to Lead this team, hence the need to go ground and pound and make it easier for Sanchez to succeed.

The OC should not have a QB in the shot gun on first and goal!! WTF was that?

Rex needs to coach and lead his team...he needs to reel in the OC and make it perfectly clear RUN, RUN, RUN..you establish this then you pass.

This is what really concerns me about Sanchez this year:

This is the first time in the last 3 seasons in which he has been a major factor in all the teams' losses.

Even in 2009 with some of his debacles (Saints, Bills) there were games were he played great and the Jets still lost (Fins). In 2010 he played great against the Bears and the Jets lost.

This year, he hasn't played well in a couple of wins, and has made major mistakes in all 4 loses or been generally inefficient.

If he played better in all 4 games the record may have been different, especially the 2 Pat games.

This is what really concerns me about Sanchez this year:

This is the first time in the last 3 seasons in which he has been a major factor in all the teams' losses.

Even in 2009 with some of his debacles (Saints, Bills) there were games were he played great and the Jets still lost (Fins). In 2010 he played great against the Bears and the Jets lost.

This year, he hasn't played well in a couple of wins, and has made major mistakes in all 4 loses or been generally inefficient.

If he played better in all 4 games the record may have been different, especially the 2 Pat games.

Agreed with all of this until the very last part of the last sentence. There's nothing Sanchez could have done short of transforming into Aaron Rodgers to win that game last night. Did he suck? He most certainly did, and deserves his share of the blame. But that was a disaster from top to bottom and no single player was going to be the difference maker.

Serious question.

He's not on the field, so 0

How often has he devised a brilliant game plan that could be credited with a win,0 as well..

League history is filled with terrible OC's who became known as genius's after being paired with a great QB, and genius OC's who became idiots once they lost their great QB..

We've never had a great QB

Everyone, we all share the pain here. There is no reason to be irrational about this game. Rex is still a great coach, the Jets are still a great team. This is still the team that went to back to back AFC championship games. Stop pretending otherwise. Stop with all the chicken-little-sky-is-falling crap just because we lost one heartbreaker. In the past 2 years, we've won so many games that no one gave us any chance to win. So just because we lost this one, don't make it out like this era of Jets football is over with.

This resembles the panic that people were feeling after the 3 game losing streak without Mangold when everyone counted us out. Then all of the sudden, we were back in it. Don't make the same mistake of thinking it's over just yet. But even if you DO make that mistake, at least don't act like this era of great Jets football is over. It's far from over.

Everyone, we all share the pain here. There is no reason to be irrational about this game. Rex is still a great coach, the Jets are still a great team. This is still the team that went to back to back AFC championship games. Stop pretending otherwise. Stop with all the chicken-little-sky-is-falling crap just because we lost one heartbreaker. In the past 2 years, we've won so many games that no one gave us any chance to win. So just because we lost this one, don't make it out like this era of Jets football is over with.

This resembles the panic that people were feeling after the 3 game losing streak without Mangold when everyone counted us out. Then all of the sudden, we were back in it. Don't make the same mistake of thinking it's over just yet. But even if you DO make that mistake, at least don't act like this era of great Jets football is over. It's far from over.

I think calling this team great is by far a stretch, but they're certainly better than they played last night. The problem is this team has proven time and again that they play their worst football when it matters most. Two chances to take over the AFC East and two chances to go to the Super Bowl over the past 3 years have resulted in the 4 worst non-Ravens games the Jets have played since Rex got here. That said, the team is decent and given the remaining schedule still has a shot to make the playoffs as a wildcard, and maybe even get a win considering their first round opponent would likely be either the AFCW winner or the first-time playoff team of the Texans, but they're not going to do much more than that.

Sanchez' biggest fault is that he is not good enough to overcome his teammates faults.

A good QB can do that. It's pretty tough to assemble a topflight team position-by-position. The salary cap pretty much prohibits it. So the emphasis is on the QB. The better the QB, the lesser has to be expended on supporting cast.

If the QB is mediocre or bad, the supporting cast has to be phenominal in order to be real successful, which has only happened less than a handful of times.

Right now, the Jets have some elite players, but mainly a team full of JAGs, including the QB.

Sanchez' biggest fault is that he is not good enough to overcome his teammates faults.

A good QB can do that. It's pretty tough to assemble a topflight team position-by-position. The salary cap pretty much prohibits it. So the emphasis is on the QB. The better the QB, the lesser has to be expended on supporting cast.

If the QB is mediocre or bad, the supporting cast has to be phenominal in order to be real successful, which has only happened less than a handful of times.

Right now, the Jets have some elite players, but mainly a team full of JAGs, including the QB.

That's pretty much every team in the league

SMFH...Every facet of our team stunk, except for maybe the running game.

Offense? Check.

Defense? Check.

Setting the edge? Check.

Pass Rush? Check.

Special Teams? Check.

QB? Check.

Coaching? Check.

Clock management? Check.

Safeties? Check.

Holding onto the ball? Check.

O-Line? Check & double-check.

I usually don't harp on play calling because it can be a subjective thing-BUT-When McCourty goes out with an injury, and there is a long pause in the action, the best play you can come up with is a run up the crease?

Can we at least try to get THEM on their heels, rather than being dictated to all night? The Jets are looking to counterpunch at every opportunity, at a boxer that is circling them and throwing haymakers. They look dizzy.

-Wilkerson apparently isn't as strong as Tom Brady.

-Kyle Wilson has yet another ball bounce off of his face

-Shonn Greene runs like he has a bag over his head and has a ball bounce directly off of his face as well that effectively ended any chances we had on a nice drive.

-Brick turns Andre Carter into Deacon Jones

- Dustin Keller is comically bad

-Joe Mcknight has a punt sail directly between his arms

-Strickland has said punt in his arms and decides to somersault over the ball instead of securing it.

I mean, you cant turn the ball over like this and expect to beat a good football team. But our defense is awesome. They really get us stops when we need them.

This isn't even a defense of Sanchez, because he was far from good, but if ever there was a complete team meltdown, this was it.

The Patriots were better than us in every phase of the game.

I usually don't harp on play calling because it can be a subjective thing-BUT-When McCourty goes out with an injury, and there is a long pause in the action, the best play you can come up with is a run up the crease?

Can we at least try to get THEM on their heels, rather than being dictated to all night? The Jets are looking to counterpunch at every opportunity, at a boxer that is circling them and throwing haymakers. They look dizzy.

This.

When McCourty got hurt I said to my girl, "Their best corner just got hurt, what do you think the Jets will do here?" She replied, "Sanchez should throw to whatever receiver is covered by the replacement guy."

She knows its common sense.

You know its common sense.

I told her, "Well, your right that's what they SHOULD do... but I bet they run the ball."

The last thing she had to say about it was after I was proven right, "Ugh. The Jets are stupid."

I agreed. Whole-heartedly.

Oh, that's such a load of crap. That was one of the most pathetic performances from top to bottom I've ever seen, and it had little to nothing to do with the almighty Pats. The Pats defense is garbage and yet the offense still couldn't do sh*t. Brady was horrendous in the first half and the Jets couldn't do a damn thing regardless, other than stand there and let Brady screw up their TD chances so that they had to settle for field goals. This team proved quite simply that the only difference between them and the same old Jets of the past is that they manage to play well enough in meaningless games first in order to have bigger games for them to completely sh*t their pants in.

I'm not sure but this seems to have a touch of hyperbole in it. Good thing this is a short week.

Archived