A good post on our pal Schotty....

rollingrock49

Love that this post features his whole 6 years (including this year) and examines how he has been a failure. I've been wondering why no one argues how Pennington and Favre failed in this offense and went on to have great seasons with their new teams. Year in year out the offense has been unprepared and fails early in games. Plus they never seem to figure it out and make proper adjustments. New players have come and gone all over the offense yet it still fails. the only constant in the past 6 years is Schotty. If they resign him after this year that shows how clueless this team may be.

http://jetsrant.com/2011/11/17/guest-post-from-nickspano-under-brian-this-jets-offense-has-no-schott/

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that this post features his whole 6 years (including this year) and examines how he has been a failure. I've been wondering why no one argues how Pennington and Favre failed in this offense and went on to have great seasons with their new teams. Year in year out the offense has been unprepared and fails early in games. Plus they never seem to figure it out and make proper adjustments. New players have come and gone all over the offense yet it still fails. the only constant in the past 6 years is Schotty. If they resign him after this year that shows how clueless this team may be.

http://jetsrant.com/...-has-no-schott/

I assure you, plenty of us have made that very argument, it just so happens that the few Schotty-apologists that still exist make excuses for absolutely everything that's happened in his 6 years here. According to them, absolutely nothing that happens is even slightly his fault.

Although in fairness, Schotty isn't the only constant... it's been him, Moore, Brick and Mangold all here for the past 6 years. So they must be the real problem, right?

I will be very dissappointed if Schotty is still a jet in 2012. He is the reason I wasn't flailing my arms and screaming at the TV on sunday. He has sucked the enthusiam of being a jet fan right out of me.

This year meh! I've seen enough in 9 games to know what Schotty's input does to a potentially very talented offense

I will be very dissappointed if Schotty is still a jet in 2012. He is the reason I wasn't flailing my arms and screaming at the TV on sunday. He has sucked the enthusiam of being a jet fan right out of me.

This year meh! I've seen enough in 9 games to know what Schotty's input does to a potentially very talented offense

I probably won't follow the team next year if he's still here. I don't think I can stomach another season with him calling the offense.

http://jetsrant.com/...-has-no-schott/

To be fair to him, he has been mediocre!

The author nailed it. When you have Favre leave and almost take the Vikings to the superbowl the following year, when Mark comes in and starts dropping bombs on guys until he's reigned in, and when you have a sub 16 offense every year except for the one year you bring in a guy as a short term rental, that's terrible.

Also worth noting that Favre did wonders with Keller until Shotty got his hands on that too. Favre loved Keller and definitely got the most out of him. I don't know if Mark can recover from this. He's been brought up to QB like a scared Deer in Headlights- if you're wrong you get beat savagely, and when you're right you'r a product of a system/game manager. Get this a-hole out after this year PLEASE.

I assure you, plenty of us have made that very argument, it just so happens that the few Schotty-apologists that still exist make excuses for absolutely everything that's happened in his 6 years here. According to them, absolutely nothing that happens is even slightly his fault.

Although in fairness, Schotty isn't the only constant... it's been him, Moore, Brick and Mangold all here for the past 6 years. So they must be the real problem, right?

Its been Sanchez fault the past 6 years.

Atleast thats what I've heard.

i know I was expecting a top 3 offense with noodle dick, Clementine and the model under center, how could you not be mad about middling results with terrible QB's..

Sanchez is not a terrible QB....he is just stuck in a crappy offesnive game plan....

i know I was expecting a top 3 offense with noodle dick, Clementine and the model under center, how could you not be mad about middling results with terrible QB's..

I simply don't understand this.

Pennington, while not "The end all, be all of quarterbacks", was certainly not terrible. Pennington was good at what he did, which is play smart football, and not turn the ball over. That is, until Schotty got a hold of him. Favre, yet another QB who was far from terrible, with Schotty produce a 16th rank offense. As far as Sanchez goes, it is impossible to tell what he will do with another OC. It is not impossible to tell what Schotty will do with another QB.

I understand this whole hate the team you love thing, but seriously...

WTF?

Sanchez without Schotty in the NFL is more of an unknown than Schotty without Sanchez. Give the kid a break, or continue as you were with a healthy dose of knee jerk pessimism.

No offense meant at all, really. I just don't see the logic in your premise, that's all.

Truly great OCs get points consistently no matter the QB. It's all in the game plan/playcall.

Pennington wins CPOY, actually survives a full season, and makes the playoffs...Offensive ranking in the mid-tier so therefore Schitty failed. He goes to Miami to do exactly what he did in '06...overachieve...except with a much more talented offense (their best RB wasnt a 150 pound rookie like the 06 Jets).

Favre kicks a$$ and takes names for 11 games, then his true identity as a male c-word comes out. He gets hurt, worms his way into starting anyway, and proceeds to take a crap on the bed. In the offseason he has a surgery, moves back to the division he made his bones in, plays well in a muhf'n dome in a loaded offense (AD, Shiancoe, massive OL, Harvin, and friends).

Excuses though...Both of those offenses should have laid waste to NFL defenses with a PROPER coordinator of offenses.

Truly great OCs get points consistently no matter the QB. It's all in the game plan/playcall.

Pennington wins CPOY, actually survives a full season, and makes the playoffs...Offensive ranking in the mid-tier so therefore Schitty failed. He goes to Miami to do exactly what he did in '06...overachieve...except with a much more talented offense (their best RB wasnt a 150 pound rookie like the 06 Jets).

Favre kicks a$$ and takes names for 11 games, then his true identity as a male c-word comes out. He gets hurt, worms his way into starting anyway, and proceeds to take a crap on the bed. In the offseason he has a surgery, moves back to the division he made his bones in, plays well in a muhf'n dome in a loaded offense (AD, Shiancoe, massive OL, Harvin, and friends).

Excuses though...Both of those offenses should have laid waste to NFL defenses with a PROPER coordinator of offenses.

EXCELLENT!!!

I simply don't understand this.

Pennington, while not "The end all, be all of quarterbacks", was certainly not terrible. Pennington was good at what he did, which is play smart football, and not turn the ball over. That is, until Schotty got a hold of him. Favre, yet another QB who was far from terrible, with Schotty produce a 16th rank offense. As far as Sanchez goes, it is impossible to tell what he will do with another OC. It is not impossible to tell what Schotty will do with another QB.

I understand this whole hate the team you love thing, but seriously...

Pennington was terrible, hi record when opposing teams scored ore then 20 pts was like 5 wins and 30 losses...

WTF?

Sanchez without Schotty in the NFL is more of an unknown than Schotty without Sanchez. Give the kid a break, or continue as you were with a healthy dose of knee jerk pessimism.

No offense meant at all, really. I just don't see the logic in your premise, that's all.

Sanchez is a third year player who is actually OUTPERFORMING his projections based on his tiny amount of college experience.

He's akili smith, and he performing like an average QB this season. What were you expecting, seriously???

Word, the only difference between pennington and manning is the OC, tom moore was so bad a$$, he didn't have to call plays or make game plans, he just sat there getting older and willed manning to eliteness

EXCELLENT!!!

Wow.

This was a fantastic exchange.

Nope, don't be silly, it's a pure coincidence that over the course of 6 years, a change of all but 3 players on the entire offense has resulted in an offense that consistently has made the same exact mistakes year after year and repeated the same issues over and again, while repeatedly being named by opposing players as very predictable. Those stupid players with their damn predictable execution, amirite?

And don't worry, those excuses aren't excuses... because um... well they're not, ok! I mean sure, by definition that's exactly what they are, but not in the case of the almighty Schittenheimer, because we all know he's not responsible for anything. Well, you know unless something good happens, then that was so totally him. I mean, sure, there's actually no evidence whatsoever that even slightly supports him being any good at his job, but hey, as long as there's somebody else you can blame for the constant failures of the offense, then he must be awesome, right?

He's the Chad Pennington of OCs, and we all know how great that guy was... what's the coaching equivalent of highest completion % in NFL history? 'Cause he must totally have that.

And fumbles. He loves calling for fumbles in critical spots. Stupid bastard

This is really getting pathetic.

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all Hackett's fault!

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all Herm's fault!

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all the receivers fault!

etc...

Oh wait, they all ******* sucked! What an unbelievable concept.

This is really getting pathetic.

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all Hackett's fault!

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all Herm's fault!

Pennington doesn't suck, it's all the receivers fault!

etc...

Oh wait, they all ******* sucked! What an unbelievable concept.

I don't remember saying I thought Schotty was good, I'm simply asking, that with QB's that we all know are bad, what exactly where you expecting? None of you nitwits has given a satisfactory answer to that yet.

Word, the only difference between pennington and manning is the OC, tom moore was so bad a$$, he didn't have to call plays or make game plans, he just sat there getting older and willed manning to eliteness

Yeah man given proper gameplanning/playcalling the by then twice post-op, physically limited Pennington could EASILY been better than he was. Look what he did with Willaims/Brown and consistently warm weather ( which I bring up because shoulder issues become joint issues that don't do well in the cold)!

Now that Bill O'Brien? That's an OC. Look at the numbers brochachimigo, they do not lie. That's all the context that's needed.

I don't remember saying I thought Schotty was good, I'm simply asking, that with QB's that we all know are bad, what exactly where you expecting? None of you nitwits has given a satisfactory answer to that yet.

Haven't had an answer to that for six years...5 years since the movement took off in '07...

The injury argument on Favre is a crock of sh*t.

Archived