The BIG PICTURE 2011 is: Jets should be #6 in AFC when all said and done

Darth Vader

tn losing today was a good thing, i def think that we lose one of philly/nyg... so to me 10-6 is the best we'll do.. Cinn i keep waiting to fall apart, and they've lost 2 in a row.. but played Pitt and Balt tough.. I'm not so sure they are going to go away

jets are #9 right now and you need to take the bengals a wee bit more seriously

c'mon we all now it's going to be 3-3 at the half next week the jets are going to take buffalo lightly

washington put up a fight today, and we all know the jets will have their hands full with desean jackson, vick and mccoy, and xmas eve with the gmen raping sanchez won't be a lot of fun and the dolphins are playing well

this is an 8-8 team

with some luck

yep

tn losing today was a good thing, i def think that we lose one of philly/nyg... so to me 10-6 is the best we'll do.. Cinn i keep waiting to fall apart, and they've lost 2 in a row.. but played Pitt and Balt tough.. I'm not so sure they are going to go away

I agree. But the problem for Cincy is that they still play the Steelers and Ravens again.

Somehow I think this years final Sunday games for AFC teams are going to be exciting and its going to be like a slew of equations for each team to make it to the playoffs and we might not know who makes it till the late day games are finished.

Which always reminds me of the last Sunday of the season where Miami stages a miracle comeback against the Pats and knocks them out and keeps us still alive in the chase and then we beat Green Bay to qualify for a division title and make the playoffs!

That was a freaking good SUNDAY!

Oh give me a break, it's definitely better than an 8-8 team. I would say 9-7 at the very least... likely 10-6.

lol. Give you a break? We are barely afloat over here. Sub .500 at one point, and now .500. Its very possible we go 8-8.. OR WORSE. Only win guaranteed is against the Skins.

Somehow I think this years final Sunday games for AFC teams are going to be exciting and its going to be like a slew of equations for each team to make it to the playoffs and we might not know who makes it till the late day games are finished.

Which always reminds me of the last Sunday of the season where Miami stages a miracle comeback against the Pats and knocks them out and keeps us still alive in the chase and then we beat Green Bay to qualify for a division title and make the playoffs!

It was the other way around --

Not to take the shine off your memories of that Sunday, but it was the Pats who beat Miami on an OT game-winning FG by Vinatieri that kept the Jets' playoff hopes alive.

• 1 month later...

At the very least Darth, I admire your optimism. Problem is, that even if a miracle happens and the Jets do squeak in, the team right now has too many fundamental problems to go anywhere, starting with an offensive coordinator who wants Mark Sanchez to throw three yard dump passes on every down. Seriously, when I was at last Sunday's game, when teh Jets got the ball in the third quarter, a fan sitting behind asked "I'm going to take a 30 second nap, because I'm pretty sure that's about how long the Jets drive will last. Wake me up when they do something..."

Archived