Holmes firing shots at Schotty again

Matt39

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_29222/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Dng4OwZg

“He’s been a lot of help to us thus far, and even now coming back around, he’s just going to influence a lot more in our passing game,” receiver Santonio Holmes said. “It’s up to our offensive coordinator if he’s going to take in the words. But I’m pretty sure they brought him in for a little bit of words of encouragement.”

Moore comes up to fix Schotty's mess, and a team captain says "It's up to our offensive coordinator if he's going to take in his words," and that's NOT taking a shot at him?

No. Not really. Did you read the entire article? How is it any different than what Keller said or what Rex said? Isnt the simple fact that Moore is here a shot at Schotty?

If anything Holmes took a shot at Rex over the Cutting of Cook.

The articles in the paper said Rex went to Mike T and said he wanted Cook cut. Here's Holmes comment

"WR Santonio Holmes said it was "a tough pill," adding this strange comment: "It's fortunate he's in a better situation now."

The articles in the paper said Rex went to Mike T and said he wanted Cook cut. Here's Holmes comment

"WR Santonio Holmes said it was "a tough pill," adding this strange comment: "It's fortunate he's in a better situation now."

Where are you reading this?

Still don't understand the Cook dismissal at all?

How is that shot at Schotty?

If thats a shot, then so was what Keller and Rex said.

You're worse than the media ;-)

Its just him hearing what he wants to hear.

Schotty seems like a decent enough guy, but he seems stubborn. He wants to prove he can do things his way and that gets the team in trouble. Instead of continuing with the hot hand, he'll try some gimmick play, like the shovel pass in the 4th quarter. That is something better saved for earlier in the game, when the defense is totally off guard or geared up for something else.

However, the offensive design that he has come up with this year puzzles me. Sancez has shown he can be effective when rolling out of the pocket. He has receivers who would do well in short space (Kerley, Keller) and would be well suited for routes designed off a qb rolling out. The lack of an explosive downfield passing attack stuns me. Holmes has enough speed to be a vertical threat. Perhaps it's lack of faith in the O-line. To me it seems like the talent on this offense could be top 10 but it's misused.

Its just him hearing what he wants to hear.

Schotty seems like a decent enough guy, but he seems stubborn. He wants to prove he can do things his way and that gets the team in trouble. Instead of continuing with the hot hand, he'll try some gimmick play, like the shovel pass in the 4th quarter. That is something better saved for earlier in the game, when the defense is totally off guard or geared up for something else.

However, the offensive design that he has come up with this year puzzles me. Sancez has shown he can be effective when rolling out of the pocket. He has receivers who would do well in short space (Kerley, Keller) and would be well suited for routes designed off a qb rolling out. The lack of an explosive downfield passing attack stuns me. Holmes has enough speed to be a vertical threat. Perhaps it's lack of faith in the O-line. To me it seems like the talent on this offense could be top 10 but it's misused.

I think the OL has played a major factor in why we havent been trying to go deep. They were protecting well last week and we took more mid to deep shots than I recall all year. So sure, it all starts up front.

I've always thought Schotty's offensive philospy was a$$ backwards. IMO you compliment a power running game with a vertical passing attack. Not a short yard ball control offense. It makes it way too easy on the defense. They dont need to cover the entire field.

In the News thread.

:)

Moore comes up to fix Schotty's mess, and a team captain says "It's up to our offensive coordinator if he's going to take in his words," and that's NOT taking a shot at him?

Stop stop your making sense.

Rex even said i would love to keep him around here which tells me he has no faith in his offensive coordinator. If our Offensive coordinator was trusted to do the Job would Moore even be here at all ?

I think the OL has played a major factor in why we havent been trying to go deep. They were protecting well last week and we took more mid to deep shots than I recall all year. So sure, it all starts up front.

I've always thought Schotty's offensive philospy was a$$ backwards. IMO you compliment a power running game with a vertical passing attack. Not a short yard ball control offense. It makes it way too easy on the defense. They dont need to cover the entire field.

Perfect example being the Saints. For all the comparisons that Schotty made of Sanchez to Brees, he certainly doesn't treat him or design an offense like Brees.

I believe Sanchez would do wonders in an offense similar to Brees. The Saints move him around, have guys open on outward breaking routes. Have TE's running skinny posts, and take deep shots. Then they want to RUN the football. Why Schotty wont do that... stubborness

Perfect example being the Saints. For all the comparisons that Schotty made of Sanchez to Brees, he certainly doesn't treat him or design an offense like Brees.

I believe Sanchez would do wonders in an offense similar to Brees. The Saints move him around, have guys open on outward breaking routes. Have TE's running skinny posts, and take deep shots. Then they want to RUN the football. Why Schotty wont do that... stubborness

Yep exactly how I feel but thayt would mean getting 3 new RB;s in here and probably just as many WR's in other words a revamp of the crap we currently have

Seriously? I understand all the anti-Schotty, it's not Sanchez fault threads, but is there anything on earth that makes you think Sanchez is ready to run a Saints style offense? I don't see it.

Seriously? I understand all the anti-Schotty, it's not Sanchez fault threads, but is there anything on earth that makes you think Sanchez is ready to run a Saints style offense? I don't see it.

I think it's the fact that Sanchez's best performance is not nearly as good as a pretty good performance from Brees. That's the ticket!

Archived